IGNORED

Freeman situation...doesn't add up

The Humble Realist

Started a new thread as this is a different take on freeman's situation 

Some thing doesn't add up with luke

-he always puts his all in and despite me not being his biggest fan I'd never accuse him of not trying his best. He's not a JET 

-out of contract in summer ...QPR bid announced 

-plays one more game (I think) ...LJ says he won't be playing again til he signs a new deal but stresses it is his (LJs) decision and lukes attitude has been fine 

-LJ now says he asked luke to play today but he said no ?

Why would we want to play him today if we are waiting for him to sign a new deal.

Why would we want him to play today if he is leaving 

If LJ is telling the truth I'm very dissapointed in luke as feel the relationship between him and fans has been good. 

Perhaps johnson was trying to protect him by saying 'it's my call not to pick him' in the hope of buttering him up for a new deal when in fact luke was causing trouble ?

Alongside all this luke has been in LJs team most of the season... it's hardly a secret he is out of contract 

Anyone the wiser ?

1 minute ago, The Humble Realist said:

-he always puts his all in and despite me not being his biggest fan I'd never accuse him of not trying his best. He's not a JET 

-plays one more game (I think) ...LJ says he won't be playing again til he signs a new deal but stresses it is his (LJs) decision and lukes attitude has been fine 

Why would we want to play him today if we are waiting for him to sign a new deal.

If LJ is telling the truth I'm very dissapointed in luke as feel the relationship between him and fans has been good. 

Perhaps johnson was trying to protect him by saying 'it's my call not to pick him' in the hope of buttering him up for a new deal when in fact luke was causing trouble ?

Alongside all this luke has been in LJs team most of the season... it's hardly a secret he is out of contract 

Anyone the wiser ?

Quite simple £££

I havent been a Freeman fan for a while now However heres my take on it :

Since Cotts was shown the exit door Luke has not been the same player he was. I think he does not get on with Johnson and is not playing to his true potential for him.  If it was just a money issue surely he would have already signed for QPR and gone for the money,  I think he is hanging on until Johnson is sacked and then will sign a new deal when a new manager is  appointed. Hopefully if we get a decent manager in soon then Luke will start showing us his undoubted talent once again.

9 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Anyone the wiser ?

It's called deflection.

2 minutes ago, gamon said:

It's called deflection.

Agreed, throw a different player's name into every interview...an injury, a new face, a youngster, a random allegation of mars bars or pints or whatever...anything which deflects from anyone asking what is being done to address our record breaking poor form 

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

Since Cotts was shown the exit door Luke has not been the same player he was. I think he does not get on with Johnson and is not playing to his true potential for him.  If it was just a money issue surely he would have already signed for QPR and gone for the money,  I think he is hanging on until Johnson is sacked and then will sign a new deal when a new manager is  appointed. Hopefully if we get a decent manager in soon then Luke will start showing us his undoubted talent once again.

Or maybe he found the step up to the Championship a little difficult? 

All strikes of a bit of "I don't want you but no one else can have you" from LJ. 

The club would've known for two years that he'd need a new contract soon. Look at Pack, Flint, Korey that have all had new deals/extensions. 

All been handled very badly. For LJ to come out and say we've given him a "very very good offer" only because QPR bid for him is baffling. Offer him a "very very good offer" in the summer and all of this is completely avoided. 

8 minutes ago, westonred said:

His form hasn't really been there ever since we got promoted.  If anything I'd say Freeman had actually played better this season than he did under Cotts. I don't wholly get the reason not to pick a player who doesn't want to sign a contract. GJ did that with Basso and it was bad for everyone. Other clubs seem to carry on picking their players who have contracts expiring and it does not usually affect the team.

However the simple answer here is I agree it does not add up but simply do not know enough information to have an opinion on who is to blame. 

14 minutes ago, The Humble Realist said:

Anyone the wiser ?

Freeman is an asset in financial terms. If he plays for us while his contract winds down and gets injured we can not cash in during this window and he will leave on a free in May. Luke Freeman is a very good player and has current value and it was LJ that didn't pick him because of this.

Freeman is now saying no and ok that's an automatic two week pay deduction, but just get the kid out now it's done and take the 250 unless SL is going to make him play with the kids until May just because. However Freeman made it clear ages ago he was disinclined to sign a contract, thus much of this was avoidable!

4 minutes ago, marksy said:

Perhaps he doesn't like what going on at Aston Gate. Time to move on?

Nobody likes what's going on at AG as you say. This is almost certainly a big factor. Plus a signing on fee and a pay rise together with being back in London if it is QPR. 

36 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Or maybe he found the step up to the Championship a little difficult? 

Or Cotterell had more patience with him?

I think he  played better in the last few games that he played. But clearly now that was to instigate a move away. He played for Luke Freeman.

This is my take on it:

1) Freeman is waiting to see what happens at BCFC regarding the Manager.

2) LJ goes and Freeman signs a new improved contract and stays at BCFC.

3) LJ stays and Freeman goes to QPR on last day of the window.

4) He waits till the summer and gets a nice big signing on fee from QPR (or A N Other) because he is out of contract

Whatever way he is a right little p***k and should just piss off.

Sell him now and get what we can for him. Even a tenner is better than nothing.

My understanding is....

He wanted a new contract in the summer apparently but we refused to offer him one,

until the interest from QPR, we still hadn't offered him a deal.

freeman asked that since he wasn't being offered a deal by us, he'd like to speak to QPR once they had bid, we rejected the offer and then offered him contract (slight increase, 2 year deal)  

Freeman asked to speak to QPR to consider his options, it was refused and he's been told he won't be selected again unless he signed the deal.

That's what I knew as of Thursday.

Today's news...well it's as unexpected as it is surprising, LJ has publically said a few times Freeman won't play unless he signs contract so for me, Johnsons comments are confusing and a contradiction to his previous, a manager under pressure who will deflect the blame anywhere to stop questions being about him.

18 minutes ago, BigTone said:

This is my take on it:

1) Freeman is waiting to see what happens at BCFC regarding the Manager.

2) LJ goes and Freeman signs a new improved contract and stays at BCFC.

3) LJ stays and Freeman goes to QPR on last day of the window.

4) He waits till the summer and gets a nice big signing on fee from QPR (or A N Other) because he is out of contract

Whatever way he is a right little p***k and should just piss off.

Sell him now and get what we can for him. Even a tenner is better than nothing.

Why is he? He's a contractor, no more. That's all any footballers are since bosman- 2ahy must we expect more of them?! We aren't saying to him play today and if you get a 12m layoff we will pay you a wage and your medical bills and let you train with us. 

I really really don't care. Freeman was never good enough for me to worry about his drama amidst the clubs current run. Good year in L1 but never made the full step up to championship. If he wants to go, fine. If someone else in this league wants to pay him more, even better. Can't see him being a top player in this league. 

3 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Why is he? He's a contractor, no more. That's all any footballers are since bosman- 2ahy must we expect more of them?! We aren't saying to him play today and if you get a 12m layoff we will pay you a wage and your medical bills and let you train with us. 

And I'm a contractor in my business and if I refuse to work I don't get paid and am told to piss off. Don't use that analogy because it just does not wash.

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

And I'm a contractor in my business and if I refuse to work I don't get paid and am told to piss off

And yet we can him - with hundreds of thousands on the hip. You're telling me a new employer giving you better security, better prospects, closer to home tries to buy you out of a 6 month deal and your current employer says no you might not go down to pulling a sicky.... come on 

He has 6 months left. Break his leg he's right up the shitter. We didn't 'look after' him in bad form and he's in a 20 year - at best - career. Not like the rest of us with 40+ years.

Ridiculous notion in my book. And I'm not even that enamoured to him. 

1 minute ago, 29AR said:

And yet we can him - with hundreds of thousands on the hip. You're telling me a new employer giving you better security, better prospects, closer to home tries to buy you out of a 6 month deal and you're current employer says no you might not go down to pulling a sicky.... come on 

There is taking a sicky and there is taking the piss

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

There is taking a sicky and there is taking the piss

I really don't see the difference. He's one overstretch away from 12m out - 6m unpaid and no medical support. I'm not in the right state of mind because you left me in this limbo and won't sell me given a decent offer to... absolutely fkin right in my opinion. 

Archived