IGNORED

Villa Beamback

Cardy

10 hours ago, shelts said:

I wonder if we will see the same bebacle as the Leeds game with the club massively underestimating the numbers and carnage ensuing!!

What part of it was a debacle..? 

I got there at 7.20, sports bar was full with no more admission, so I was shown to the Lansdown suite which was also very busy but was able to get a seat and there were loads of screens, so everyone could get a good view. 

The security guard said that there were about twice as many people turned up as had been expected, but they coped with it perfectly well. 

3 hours ago, Bar BS3 said:

What part of it was a debacle..? 

I got there at 7.20, sports bar was full with no more admission, so I was shown to the Lansdown suite which was also very busy but was able to get a seat and there were loads of screens, so everyone could get a good view. 

The security guard said that there were about twice as many people turned up as had been expected, but they coped with it perfectly well. 

I paid for a meal upstairs in the Landsdown Restaurants   that turned into a bar. Bristol City advertised it as being an upgrade. It really wasn't . This depends on your point of view. 

• Admin
33 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Is it clearly sign posted?

Having never had a birthday party at Ashton Gate :sad26: or been a member of the Supporters Club...

@Bristol Rob the best way to describe it - there is a VIP Entrance as if you were walking around the back of the Dolman Stand

You get to a window / office - am assuming someone will be on duty tonight around here - you then go left and up the stairs to the top level - turn left through the doors and follow the corridor around past the toilets to another set of doors the room (assuming is it where I am thinking of) is on the left here

Basically behind where the large Heineken sign is now in the ground

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@Bristol Rob the best way to describe it - there is a VIP Entrance as if you were walking around the back of the Dolman Stand

You get to a window / office - am assuming someone will be on duty tonight around here - you then go left and up the stairs to the top level - turn left through the doors and follow the corridor around past the toilets to another set of doors the room (assuming is it where I am thinking of) is on the left here

Basically behind where the large Heineken sign is now in the ground

I take it there is a bar . And what would the max amount of people u can get in there . Cheers 

• Admin
2 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I take it there is a bar . And what would the max amount of people u can get in there . Cheers 

I've only been in the SC&T section which is a much smaller room next door

Without wanting to worry anyone, people from the adjoining rooms normally use the SC&T bar as there isn't a bar in the bigger (kids) room

Would assume the club have to get extra staff etc in to open this overflow tonight - assume the bars on wheels that are in the concourses will be brought upstairs?

1 minute ago, phantom said:

Without wanting to worry anyone, people from the adjoining rooms normally use the SC&T bar as there isn't a bar in the bigger (kids) room

Would assume the club have to get extra staff etc in to open this overflow tonight - assume the bars on wheels that are in the concourses will be brought upstairs?

Thanks for that . Probably have to get in the bar earlier. Don't like the sound of that . 

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Out of interest, how did they manage last year with all the suits and corporates in there?

As far as I know there are about 4 TV's ( not very big ones)  in the three rooms available, one is a big double room ( the birthday party room) and the other room is the SC&T room on a matchday. Not sure if they are putting more screens in or if it's possible.  There no fixed bars in any of the rooms but a 'temporary' bar the SC&T use. The smaller room is usually used as a classroom on weekdays.

edit. It seems only the big 'birthday party' room available. Like I said there are 3 rooms, Dolman, 1,2 and 3. I don't think they can be opened out to make one big room, unsure. 

Archived