IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, Rich said:

The unbiassed evening post, once did a comparison between the two clubs support. They found that there was very little difference between the two overall attendances, claiming that Rovers support was really quite good compared to city's average. They were correct but, their comparison was an average attendance including home and away matches, especially when rather large attendances were recorded for Rovers away games over the Christmas and new year period, which resulted in there being a narrowing of averages. The home averages were rather more defined with from memory, 6k more average attendances at Ashton Gate, than at the old Eastville.

Oxymoron.

4 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Oxymoron.

No, it's true. They dig up all the dirt they can on BRFC and splatter it over the front page and hide any negative stories eminating from AG. I know, the editor in chief assured me.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Rich said:

The unbiassed evening post, once did a comparison between the two clubs support. They found that there was very little difference between the two overall attendances, claiming that Rovers support was really quite good compared to city's average. They were correct but, their comparison was an average attendance including home and away matches, especially when rather large attendances were recorded for Rovers away games over the Christmas and new year period, which resulted in there being a narrowing of averages. The home averages were rather more defined with from memory, 6k more average attendances at Ashton Gate, than at the old Eastville.

I just remember the 3000 "crowd" at their last game at the dogtrack.

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I heard that at least 15,000 others decided they couldn`t cope with the emotion and felt they couldn`t bear to attend.

I`m sure it was in the Post.

They must have been very emotional, having stayed away for 35 years..!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

The dick who started that thread suggests we have no real identity. I hear this quite often from them.

I don’t even know what they mean by it? They have changed the design of their ridiculous kit in the past and they’ve even ditched ‘da famous quarterz’ at one point.

* We play in red and white, that’s our colours irrespective of how it appears on the kit.

* We have played in our spiritual home for over a century.

* We have never left Bristol.

* Our anthem couldn’t be more West Country if we tried.

As a football club from Bristol I think it’s clear who we are and where we are from.

Meanwhile, over at the Gas:

* They have left Bristol in the past.

* They lost their spiritual home and had to steal someone else’s ground to return to Bristol.

* They relied on us to give them their nickname.

* They nicked their crappy American anthem (that has nothing to do with Bristol) from Plymouth Argyle.

But they have got a quirky kit...so that’s obviously the only thing that matters in creating identity. Idiots.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, SimonR said:

Whoever is making their kit these days it has looked really cheap and crappy for the last three years, I mean even by their standards obviously. Last seasons kit looked like it came from a sunday league pub team.

They`ve probably got some all in deal where the company that make their tents use the offcuts for the kit. Saves a few quid doing it that way.

16 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

They`ve probably got some all in deal where the company that make their tents use the offcuts for the kit. Saves a few quid doing it that way.

I am half expecting next seasons sponsor to be duct taped onto the shirts to be honest, or maybe that Iron down stuff if they can afford it.

#toocheaptobetinpot

My 666th post :devil:

Edited by SimonR
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, SimonR said:

Whoever is making their kit these days it has looked really cheap and crappy for the last three years, I mean even by their standards obviously. Last seasons kit looked like it came from a sunday league pub team.

You do realise you're talking about the gAss , they are !