IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

So.any fight on a Saturday night , burglary or fraud, do you ask them if they support a football team and then apply for a banning order.?  may as well!

No that is not the case. 

We can apply on conviction for a banning order if the violence/ offence is linked to football. As previously stated this is the case and therefore that is the route we shall take for this incident. 

it is down to the court to decide if the granting of such an order is proportional to the risk of further disorder at or in connection with any regulated football match. Each case is taken on an individual basis . 

56 minutes ago, JulieH said:

No that is not the case. 

We can apply on conviction for a banning order if the violence/ offence is linked to football. As previously stated this is the case and therefore that is the route we shall take for this incident. 

it is down to the court to decide if the granting of such an order is proportional to the risk of further disorder at or in connection with any regulated football match. Each case is taken on an individual basis . 

Julie, stop wasting your time on OTIB and go and catch some baddies!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

So has Dopey drawn up his list of World Cup targets yet? I am sure he will be throwing down some of Wallys billions any time now, I have to admit I am worried that we will be utterly outgunned by their inevitable signing of Messi and doubtless several other world class superstars...

Or not because they are as poor as a church mouse, who's wife has just run off with another mouse. Taking all the cheese.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SimonR said:

So has Dopey drawn up his list of World Cup targets yet? I am sure he will be throwing down some of Wallys billions any time now, I have to admit I am worried that we will be utterly outgunned by their inevitable signing of Messi and doubtless several other world class superstars...

Or not because they are as poor as a church mouse, who's wife has just run off with another mouse. Taking all the cheese.

He could put in offers for some of the German players - a few more losers wouldn`t be out of place down the minimal.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Got to love the thread on their forum saying that there's a mass exodus at ashton gate and we're going to be falling out of the championship... 

I think they've forgotten that this mass exodus of two players has gained us 17 million, or in rovers terms 45 Tilsons...

Edited by JBFC II
  • Like 4
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, JBFC II said:

Got to love the thread on their forum saying that there's a mass exodus at ashton gate and we're going to be falling out of the championship... 

I think they've forgotten that this mass exodus of two players has gained us 17 million, or in rovers terms 45 Tilsons...

There is no doubt that it hasn’t been a good week up to now, with Flint gone, Bobby probably off to Cardiff and possibly Bryan to shortly follow.

The week just shows the gap between us and then is as wide as it’s probably ever been, they can just wish of receiving £17 million for two of their players. Add in the fact we’re about to spend £5 million on a centre back (the gas can dream even with Wally’s backing).

Add into consideration we probably made more money on Sunday showing the England game than their commercial department makes on a match day.

Mind the gap and to quote Doppy ‘Happy Days!’

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, daored said:

There is no doubt that it hasn’t been a good week up to now, with Flint gone, Bobby probably off to Cardiff and possibly Bryan to shortly follow.

The week just shows the gap between us and then is as wide as it’s probably ever been, they can just wish of receiving £17 million for two of their players. Add in the fact we’re about to spend £5 million on a centre back (the gas can dream even with Wally’s backing).

Add into consideration we probably made more money on Sunday showing the England game than their commercial department makes on a match day.

Mind the gap and to quote Doppy ‘Happy Days!’

A few of them realise the gulf between the clubs at the moment. Most of them like to stick their heads in the sand and pretend that actually they’re not that far behind. And until they get a new stadium that gulf will continue to increase. So let’s hope they stay at Chernobyl. They really need to question their owners intentions. And not worry on Bristol City’s multi million pound transfer deals .

6 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So how much is the entire Rovers squad worth?  Less than £1m in its entirety I'm sure and that is being bloody generous to them.

Only if the first team squad stopped off and did a bank robbery on the way into training..! 

• Haha 1

45 minutes ago, daored said:

Yep.

Its not like we’ve just had our pants pulled down in front of the footballing nation by losing our star strike to our cross city rivals for absolute peanuts.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Haha 1

Noticed, earlier in this thread, mention of BRFC aiming to be the first EFL club to do away with single use plastic. Disposable catering items being the target, of course, but where does this leave them with their plastic garden chairs? To be fair the chairs are multiple use, rather than single, as a bum (you can take that as either a part of the anatomy or a reflection of the lifestyle of the sitter) occupies one every home game, presumably. Maybe they'll replace the plastic with something more eco friendly. Horse hair sofas maybe?

33 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

I see they could be signing someone from st mirren for nothing as usual. I might put some money on the squatters going down 

Apparent thats the way they want their club to do business though.

Obviously they’ve changed their tune ever since it became apparent that Wally wasn’t as mega rich as they told us he was.

Funny that.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Apparent thats the way they want their club to do business though.

Obviously they’ve changed their tune ever since it became apparent that Wally wasn’t as mega rich as they told us he was.

Funny that.

The realities are setting in for the fewers, they seem resigned to free signings, hoping that Darryl can get them to play a tune.

I am amazed that they aren't screaming at their owner to invest some money to give them a chance. Whilst they have their development squad none of them seem to have been loaned out to anyone of a standard who might help them get first team ready.

Might well be in for a long season. But at least the sprinklers have some ambition.

18 hours ago, JBFC II said:

And we have just re-invested around eight Tillsons in a replacement. Unlike them, if a player leaves we get someone in who has a reasonable chance of filling the gap left rather than someone on a free who`s played six games for Dover Athletic or some similar footballing powerhouse.

We have sold 3 players for nigh on 20 million, and they think they can take the pee calling it an exodus even though getting that sort of money for them. I doubt many of us wanted to see them go but it should at least show we know how to negotiate a decent fee, and draw up a decent players contract when they do want out or get an offer.

Now imagine if your top goalscorer was leaving for a paltry 300k - now that would be a massive kick in the balls, but 10 million - most will accept it is a good move all around for club and player (bar where he has gone to)!!

On 26/06/2018 at 18:45, BobBobSuperBob said:

I’d have assumed you might want to convict them first

Or is a football fan different to the rest of the population 

So you apply for a banning order without them being convicted of any offence ?

They haven’t a clue what they’re doing these days. One rule for one .....

On 26/06/2018 at 19:45, slartibartfast said:

So.any fight on a Saturday night , burglary or fraud, do you ask them if they support a football team and then apply for a banning order.?  may as well!

Anfield and Goodison would be Saturday afternoon wastelands....

• Haha 3