IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

That’s a strange name for a dog..!

Using Ancestry.com I have been able to trace part of Dopey's family tree (yep the one they cock their leg at.) father was Dripple who was the son of Droopy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, pommers65 said:

Not sure if this link has been posted before...But more comedy gold
http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12403/mass-exodus-gate

From that thread - this post is just great

We're obviously laughing at them getting their pants pulled down over these deals. They could learn a few things from us when it comes to selling players at top dollar.......

I am sure someone from our club will be straight on the phone asking how they got such "top dollar" prices for Taylor and Bodin. :rofl2br:

Seriously how deluded must this poster be?

Edited by cityal
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, cityal said:

We're obviously laughing at them getting their pants pulled down over these deals. They could learn a few things from us when it comes to selling players at top dollar.......

Obviously, lots of 15ers do their ironying on a Sunday morning.

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, cityal said:

I am sure someone from our club will be straight on the phone asking how they got such "top dollar" prices for Taylor and Bodin. :rofl2br:

Seriously how deluded must this poster be?

To be fair, I think that was clearly supposed to be a joke.

Edited by Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

To be fair, I think that was clearly supposed to be a joke.

On reflection maybe you are right. Maybe I have been whooshed by gaschat  - how embarrassing!

Though I think it speaks a lot about some of the level of deluded wittering we have no doubt all witnessed over the years that you cant be 100% sure if the poster in question is being serious.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

At what point is your support likely to galvanize and demand some investment in the team?

You have strong numbers through the turnstile but every year you get free signings and has-beens desperate for a game.

I am amazed your lot are happy to be treated like that.

No point in demanding investment if the money isn't there - which it isn't.  The era of getting has-beens thankfully seems to have diminished under DC, have to feel sorry for the bloke, being expected to unearth a Taylor or Bodin for nowt in every transfer window.

I've got to the stage where I put my energies into supporting the team on matchdays, rather than trying to change things which are beyond my reach.  With age comes wisdom! :laughcont:

8 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No point in demanding investment if the money isn't there - which it isn't.  The era of getting has-beens thankfully seems to have diminished under DC, have to feel sorry for the bloke, being expected to unearth a Taylor or Bodin for nowt in every transfer window.

Aren’t “has been’s” better that “never going to be’s”..?! 

12 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I've got to the stage where I put my energies into supporting the team on matchdays, rather than trying to change things which are beyond my reach.  With age comes wisdom! :laughcont:

I get that money isn't plentiful, but surely they can find a few quid for some promising players.

12 minutes ago, In the Net said:

Sadly after wisdom comes senility. enjoy your wisdom while it lasts :P

• Haha 1

I was at a family wedding yesterday, when a young relative, who had been sentenced to a lifetime of misery by an older relative by taking him to the Memorial Ground as a boy said to me "why didn't you take me to Ashton Gate back then, so I could be a City fan now, instead of paying £20 to watch utter crap" 

I feel so guilty for not looking out for the lad 20 years ago.  :disapointed2se:

• Haha 6

2 hours ago, In the Net said:

So this widely accepted by your fellow blues is it? Why do they continue to talk about a new ground then? What do they think will be used to fund that?

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

So this widely accepted by your fellow blues is it? Why do they continue to talk about a new ground then? What do they think will be used to fund that?

Well the previous head of the supporters club was running a Gofundme account. :noexp:

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

I can't speak for every other Rovers supporter, I am sure that various different views are held by others.  From social media, and the part of the ground I frequent, I would say that a lot of people have accepted that tarting up The Mem is the only certainty at the moment.  Maybe those who continue to talk about a new ground are expecting investment from elsewhere?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, In the Net said:

I can't speak for every other Rovers supporter, I am sure that various different views are held by others.  From social media, and the part of the ground I frequent, I would say that a lot of people have accepted that tarting up The Mem is the only certainty at the moment.  Maybe those who continue to talk about a new ground are expecting investment from elsewhere?

Which tent do you frequent?

• Haha 2

New UWE Bristol state-of-the-art sports facility to open this autumn

·         Hillside Gardens opens in October

·         State-of-the-art multi-sports pitch facilities

·         A new home for UWE Bristol Sport and resources for local community

UWE Bristol's Centre for Sport will soon boast one of the most high-tech sports grounds in the area.

"Hillside Gardens", due to open in October, will be the new home for UWE Bristol Sport teams such as soccer, rugby, lacrosse, American football and Ultimate Frisbee.

The facilities, close to the University's Frenchay campus, will include:

·         Two floodlit artificial pitches

·         FIFA approved and World Rugby compliant artificial surfaces

·         Separate artificial surface warm-up area

·         Undercover seating for spectators

·         Pitch side dugouts

·         Grass football pitch and training grids

·         Changing rooms

·         Parking

Alex Isaac, Head of Sport at UWE Bristol said, "We are excited to soon be opening our new facilities at Hillside Gardens. They will provide high specification pitch facilities just minutes from campus giving some of our UWE Bristol Sport teams a new home. With teams, players and supporters able to be together at one venue we are hoping to create a great atmosphere and improved experience for students."

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Flounder said:

New UWE Bristol state-of-the-art sports facility to open this autumn

·         Hillside Gardens opens in October

·         State-of-the-art multi-sports pitch facilities

·         A new home for UWE Bristol Sport and resources for local community

SNIP

Alex Isaac, Head of Sport at UWE Bristol said, "We are excited to soon be opening our new facilities at Hillside Gardens. They will provide high specification pitch facilities just minutes from campus giving some of our UWE Bristol Sport teams a new home. With teams, players and supporters able to be together at one venue we are hoping to create a great atmosphere and improved experience for students."

These are the pitches currently being constructed adjacent to the M32.