IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

had to put this great quote from brigas123

I think we would have won if the linesman hadn't given them that free corner. Craig did brilliantly to win the goal kick, then the tosspot awards them a corner. This was then followed by their best spell of the game. Until that point they were not in the game whatsoever.
So cheers, EFL, for your wonderful officials.

1 minute ago, weepywall said:

To be fair that's not a bad crowd, we must remember that many are being put off by the new turnstyle system and the lack of a row M must be putting many more off.

Together with the fear of not being able to access the pasty hut due to the new tent obstructing it.

Much safer to stay at home I think.

• Haha 1

Genuinely think they're in trouble this year. They normally scrape to a season of mediocrity with scrappy 1-0 wins at home against the likes of Doncaster but I feel their luck is running out.

If the dog botherer had any sort of career ambition they would of been relegated to the basement a while back. But dwindling crowds (???), no new stadium, tent portaloos or whatever they're doing over their not being built, the braindead idiots finally realising their billionaire owner is a bit of a fraud I can see it all crashing down on their one tented stand.

• Haha 1

Rovers have been sold to a consortium who have agreed to deliver UWE and the training ground. In return (and only after they have delivered the stadium and training ground), the mem will be sold for housing.
This will be announced in October. ‘

(Shatchat)

( Allegedly a ‘ Isle Of Man / Liverpool based consortium’ )

Edited by BobBobSuperBob
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

48 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

Seen a few rumours on twitter that they’ve been sold.

44 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

I've heard similar. 

Any flesh on those rumours?  I'm not asking for links / evidence just the general tenor.

There was talk that Wael wanted to retain a stake to have a continuing involvement rather than entirely sell their ?94% shareholidng and this was a sticking point in negotiations.

Just remember when the fake shake took over and what they were going to do 

prem in 3 years

ashton gate as there training ground

taking him down Gloucester Road as the new king above there heads 

slagging Steve lansdown

the list goes on and on 

**** them 

forever in our shadows 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, sticks 1969 said:

Just remember when the fake shake took over and what they were going to do 

prem in 3 years

ashton gate as there training ground

taking him down Gloucester Road as the new king above there heads 

slagging Steve lansdown

the list goes on and on 

**** them 

forever in our shadows 

those ***** aint even in our shadows anymore stick......

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Unan said:
9 minutes ago
Post Options

Post by Cantankerous Gas on 9 minutes ago

Start delayed. Sprinkler malfunction!

3 hours ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

If you invert the number 9006, it's remains exactly the same: a shit attendance.

1 hour ago, Crackers Corner said:

bloody linesman,we would walk this division with decent officials”

:laugh:...

Please can the mods make a change so that we can give these sort of a posts triple ?

Edited by pongo88
  • Haha 1

Not that I follow what happens over there too much but the UWE ? 
Wasn't the problem with that , that the stadium (and so part of the revenue) wouldn't be theirs. Wael wanted to own the whole thing and obviously there was nothing in that for the Uni lot.
Now this consortium coming in have a choice of developing the Rugby ground and so harvesting all sales and revenue from football (?) for them selves , or be part owners and so have to split income (however meagre ) with the UWE.  And lets not forget the new ground will cost a lot more than the Men site is worth, unless the UNI is going to let them have it free.
Wasn't there something on here about the land being a donation and so could not be passed on
I'm just thinking out loud here but .....
The gAss are loosing thousands a week as things stand, and they get all money generated from the ground . If they have to pay rent and split revenue with the UWE, even if crowds go up a little wouldn't they potentially be in an even worse position as they wouldn't even have the asset  of the ground. Then there's the training ground, I wonder if the family (Dwayne sports) will be happy to give it away , to the club or consortium or would they (the new people) have to buy that too? 

27 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Any flesh on those rumours?  I'm not asking for links / evidence just the general tenor.

There was talk that Wael wanted to retain a stake to have a continuing involvement rather than entirely sell their ?94% shareholidng and this was a sticking point in negotiations.

None whatsoever from me (in terms of being in the know, these were pub conversations).

Two suggestions from different people were made.

1/ A group of American based people are interested, but Wally wants to keep a fairly significant percentage.

2/ A combined takeover, of both local and American money could be involved, with the intention of constructing new facilities and investing 'moderate' amounts to build for the future, but they would be looking for the entire Dwayne Sport holding.

The people telling me this are not (as far I as know), close to the club aside from being supporters, could be they know stuff, could be wishful thinking.

Guess it's a case of wait and see.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

None whatsoever from me (in terms of being in the know, these were pub conversations).

Two suggestions from different people were made.

1/ A group of American based people are interested, but Wally wants to keep a fairly significant percentage.

2/ A combined takeover, of both local and American money could be involved, with the intention of constructing new facilities and investing 'moderate' amounts to build for the future, but they would be looking for the entire Dwayne Sport holding.

The people telling me this are not (as far I as know), close to the club aside from being supporters, could be they know stuff, could be wishful thinking.

Guess it's a case of wait and see.

Cheers.

I wasn't screaming "source!!!" btw; I was just interested in what was being speculated rather than from where it was derived.

4 minutes ago, Eddie Hitler said:

Cheers.

I wasn't screaming "source!!!" btw; I was just interested in what was being speculated rather than from where it was derived.

No, that's fine! And I would rather be clear that what I have heard is little more than speculation from concerned Fewers, rather than something anyone I know who is close to any negotiations (even if they are fictitious).

The one suggesting moderate playing investment was very much labouring the thought that if funds are allocated to training and stadium facilities, they would want/expect a team that as championship ready for the new facilities.

Haven't heard the 'Mem for housing' thing mentioned (yet). But who knows where the people giving me their knowledge are getting their info from.

• Like 1