IGNORED

Bristol R*vers dustbin thread

42nite

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Covenants are all well and good until people start to smell money, then loopholes are mysteriously found.

Too right Miah. You can bet your life they`ll get round it by promising to leave a bit of grass in the middle of the estate for kids to have a kick around on and say that is it being used for sport in perpetuity. If they`re feeling particularly generous they`ll stick in a kids play park and maybe a skateboard ramp.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, weepywall said:

You can see it now, the Southampton builders will redevelop the rugby ground while the gas move to Cheltenham or Bath City while the new stadium is built, the new stadium won't get built due to a lack of money and hopefully the gas will.be gone from Bristol for ever.

Pretty much this but they`ll never say it`s lack of money - it will be planning difficulties, lack of transport infrastructure, lack of parking, nimbys complaining, problems with the site blah, blah, blah which will mean that their gullible fans will blame everyone and everything but their own useless owners.

I expect it will be suggested at some point that it`s all our fault too.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Covenants are all well and good until people start to smell money, then loopholes are mysteriously found.

You are correct. This happens time and time again unfortunately. 

The big problem I have with this is that - and please correct me if I'm wrong - The Memorial Ground, is in fact that. A memorial ground to those rugby players that lost their lives serving our country. And therefore should be kept as such as a 'memorial' to those that fell. If not for rugby purposes specifically but sport generally. 

Considering that the gasholes robbed the ground from Bristol Rugby I would assume that if there were any morals left at all, that any sale of the land/ground would be like for like to retain and perpetuate the principals of its creation.

Or maybe that's just too old fashioned thinking and money is the new power.

16 minutes ago, freezer said:

The big problem I have with this is that - and please correct me if I'm wrong - The Memorial Ground, is in fact that. A memorial ground to those rugby players that lost their lives serving our country. And therefore should be kept as such as a 'memorial' to those that fell. If not for rugby purposes specifically but sport generally. 

Considering that the gasholes robbed the ground from Bristol Rugby I would assume that if there were any morals left at all, that any sale of the land/ground would be like for like to retain and perpetuate the principals of its creation.

If city tried building on a war memorial there would be quiet rightly uproar, but the gas fund this acceptable 

17 minutes ago, freezer said:

This 100%, however the Gas have spun this saying it's "The Gates" which are the memorial and they'll take them to any new stadium....If they would take the trouble to read the inscription it does say.......This GROUND is a memorial to those Bristol Rugby players who gave their lives in the Great War ( and was later u updated to inc WW2. 

Flogging off and desecrating a War Memorial........it doesn't get any lower.

6 hours ago, weepywall said:

So if this is true then it sounds as if they will be carrying a load of builders from Southampton down the Gloucester Rd ???

…..won't last long, they'll be kicked out as soon as their steel toe capped boots are spotted.

Football stadiums (even tented ones) distanced themselves from historical associations with hob nailed boots years ago.

I aint seen a bow legged chicken or a knock kneed hen at a football match since, erm well, I don't know when.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, freezer said:

Wasn't it a fact that last time they tried to sell the ground they stated that such a covenant had mysteriously ""disappeared"........how strange !

Edited by slartibartfast
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Busterrimes said:

Just a quick thought which may have already been covered but can da Roverz actually sell the Memorial for housing? Is there not a covenant that states it must be used for sporting purposes?

Perhaps the locals may want to fight using that.

Don't think so: the rugby left several years ago and no mention that there's been a breach of covenant since. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Asbestos is actually a town in Canada where they mined the stuff .

And there`s one in Siberia called Asbest for the same reason.

Edit. And, believe it or not, they still mine and export the stuff now - I never knew anyone still did that.

Edited by Red Right Hand

56 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

And there`s one in Siberia called Asbest for the same reason.

Edit. And, believe it or not, they still mine and export the stuff now - I never knew anyone still did that.

President dump just declared it 100 % safe. Moron, would love for someone to make a some clothes made of it so he could die a painful death 

• Sad 2

19 minutes ago, DANWRENBCFC4LIFE said:

President dump just declared it 100 % safe. Moron, would love for someone to make a some clothes made of it so he could die a painful death 

Really, ever checked the mirror?

what an idiotic statement,  if you'd ever seen anyone die of abestosis you wouldn't say that.

• Like 7

9 hours ago, 22A said:

http://www.fightercontrol.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=287&t=167057

The brabazon hangars contain a lot of asbestos from what I last heard, and will require a lot of work to get them in any sort of state where the public can gain access to them!

So, since we called them Gasheads cuz they played next to the gasworks, if they move here should we call them Asbestosheads? Or Ass-heads, for short? 

Wonder if they’ll be so keen to adopt this name like they took the gas? 

Edited by Harry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harry said:

So, since we called them Gasheads cuz they played next to the gasworks, if they move here should we call them Asbestosheads? Or Ass-heads, for short? 

Wonder if they’ll be so keen to adopt this name like they took the gas? 

Tossheads?

10 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If NIMBY's can claim a rubbish tip was an area of outstanding natural beauty aka village green, then surely there is enough will to stuff any development plans of the mem?

18 hours ago, Miah Dennehy said:

If it was a family section it didn't look like it, and it does seem odd to put a family section next to the away fans. As I recall it , it seemed to be full of people whose idea of entertainment on a Saturday afternoon is to flick v signs at away fans.

Quite a lot of clubs put family sections next to away fans now. 

4 minutes ago, Miah Dennehy said:

Still seems an odd thing to do to me, bearing in mind the occasional potential for trouble. It isn't next to the away fans at Plymouth anyway.

The logic is. That it gives people who wants to flick the Vs at each other the inability to do so, not many people are going to start abusing a dad with his kids. If anything it stops “trouble”

We did it in the atyeo when the ground was being rebuilt, I’m sure Watford do, Cardiff did I’m not sure if they still do.