IGNORED

Club Shop range

BCFC@Frome

Evening,

This may have been covered but I'm not on here that often any more. My daughter wanted some City clothing for her birthday but looking online the choices are very limited. Are the club launching new stuff for next season and if so does anyone know when. It always seems really difficult to get answers on this sort of thing from the club shop.

I was in Bristol last weekend and went in the shop (as you do), and actually the range at the moment is poor, and I thought there was a lot more rugby stuff? I presume because it's the close season and the kits aren't available yet that's why. Although I was surprised to see none of last season's shirts at all.

I know that this time last year i was after the city car mats, which were out of stock. Emailed the shop and the lady (if I remember correctly) was actually very helpful, and said to check again at the end of July/August time, which is when the lines would be coming in. I did, they were in, and there was also a lot more available then.

May be worth an email, because as I say, she was really helpful. The name Helen comes to mind, but I could be wrong!! I was actually quite disappointed that I couldn't moan about the service to be honest :P

The shop always seems to be a last thought for the club. 

Firstly it was built far too small, then it's almost laughable the time it took to have the ability to buy tickets in there, and finally the stock and variety is really poor. My father has wanted a photograph of the Gate which sold out months ago but it seems they aren't restocking a popular product, very odd! 

6 hours ago, Taz said:

I was in Bristol last weekend and went in the shop (as you do), and actually the range at the moment is poor, and I thought there was a lot more rugby stuff? I presume because it's the close season and the kits aren't available yet that's why. Although I was surprised to see none of last season's shirts at all.

I know that this time last year i was after the city car mats, which were out of stock. Emailed the shop and the lady (if I remember correctly) was actually very helpful, and said to check again at the end of July/August time, which is when the lines would be coming in. I did, they were in, and there was also a lot more available then.

May be worth an email, because as I say, she was really helpful. The name Helen comes to mind, but I could be wrong!! I was actually quite disappointed that I couldn't moan about the service to be honest :P

Club shop manager is Marie Longhurst. :) 

marie.longhurst@bristol-sport.co.uk

I believe there are plans to expand the shop physically, but this hasn't been started yet so I would be amazed if it is ready for the start of the season, but you never know. Hopefully then the range will be much improved, or at least staff don't have to spend time juggling between putting out football or rugby stuff to the front depending who is playing that day.

I always visit club shops in other grounds and our range is frustratingly poor. I visited both Newcastles and Vills's shop back in February, yes I know they are 'big names' compared to us but my point here is back then they were selling off the shirts for that season and discounted prices, shirts, coats, training wear etc, all nice stuff for half the cost in February! I expect by May they were almost giving it away. I don't think I even saw any reductions on our stuff in the shop, not for football anyway ( I did buy a rugby hoodie which was reduced)

At away clubs I often see lots of £1 items very popular with young children, stickers, racks of photos of players they could get signed. Ok it's only a pound a time and the club might not see it as worthwhile but a) it gets people in the shop and often other things are purchased together and b) I've heard parents say 'which one do you want this week?' so they do spend regularly and build up a collection.

We could do this so easily, but just as the corporate pound is sought in the ground maybe only the shirt buyer is catered for in the shop.

An unnamed Ashton Gate Club Shop source said...

''due to range developments during the closed season, we are keeping our profile and our heads down until the last possible moment before the new season begins.'

According to North Korea ...

" .....recent tests confirm that the Bristol City Club Shop is now in range.''  claimed a delighted Kim Jong-Un.

Kim_jong_un_and_missile_launch_712357.jpg

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I believe there are plans to expand the shop physically, but this hasn't been started yet so I would be amazed if it is ready for the start of the season, but you never know. Hopefully then the range will be much improved, or at least staff don't have to spend time juggling between putting out football or rugby stuff to the front depending who is playing that day.

I always visit club shops in other grounds and our range is frustratingly poor. I visited both Newcastles and Vills's shop back in February, yes I know they are 'big names' compared to us but my point here is back then they were selling off the shirts for that season and discounted prices, shirts, coats, training wear etc, all nice stuff for half the cost in February! I expect by May they were almost giving it away. I don't think I even saw any reductions on our stuff in the shop, not for football anyway ( I did buy a rugby hoodie which was reduced)

At away clubs I often see lots of £1 items very popular with young children, stickers, racks of photos of players they could get signed. Ok it's only a pound a time and the club might not see it as worthwhile but a) it gets people in the shop and often other things are purchased together and b) I've heard parents say 'which one do you want this week?' so they do spend regularly and build up a collection.

We could do this so easily, but just as the corporate pound is sought in the ground maybe only the shirt buyer is catered for in the shop.

Agree with all this.

I know I've sent it in as a question for the supporters club meeting and got a very politician style answer which gave no real answer at all.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fan-meeting-minutes-may-2017-3724678.aspx

Essentially, by keeping prices at similar rates to other clubs, it maximises profit for the club. They didn't answer why they don't do a clearance sale so can only guess it's to do with still maximising profit.

Seriously considering running for FAN next year. I'll have those corporates sweating and loosening their ties...

On ‎10‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 09:55, Septic Peg said:

Agree with all this.

I know I've sent it in as a question for the supporters club meeting and got a very politician style answer which gave no real answer at all.

http://mobile.bcfc.co.uk/news/article/2016-17/fan-meeting-minutes-may-2017-3724678.aspx

Essentially, by keeping prices at similar rates to other clubs, it maximises profit for the club. They didn't answer why they don't do a clearance sale so can only guess it's to do with still maximising profit.

***Seriously considering running for FAN next year. I'll have those corporates sweating and loosening their ties...

***that depends on what you're gonna wear Peg! :yawn:

As RedM says the shop is way too small and therefore the stock on sale is very limited. The old shop was far better.

I have no idea how important the revenue from the shop is to the club but when AG was redeveloped you'd have thought the shop would have had priority in terms of floor space but obviously it wasn't.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

As RedM says the shop is way too small and therefore the stock on sale is very limited. The old shop was far better.

I have no idea how important the revenue from the shop is to the club but when AG was redeveloped you'd have thought the shop would have had priority in terms of floor space but obviously it wasn't.

We've moved from a global brand ( adidas) to a tin pot Micky mouse kit maker. Under a global brand the club shop could have stocked a bigger variety of merchandise  not just football ( lions rugby and England cricket for example ). 

20 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

We've moved from a global brand ( adidas) to a tin pot Micky mouse kit maker. Under a global brand the club shop could have stocked a bigger variety of merchandise  not just football ( lions rugby and England cricket for example ). 

Not in the current tiny shop. It's too small...........:facepalm:

Haven't you read through this thread?

1 hour ago, Bobby Bollax said:

To be fair the shop does also sell Bristol Rugby and the racing driver Zinos stuff as well. 

2 hours ago, Selred said:

To be fair the shop does also sell Bristol Rugby and the racing driver Zinos stuff as well. 

And the Flyers (basketball). Also the Jets (Badminton), or at least they did until they did until the league went bust and folded a short while ago.

Not sure if it's just nostalgia making me view it through rose-tinted glasses, but as a child I used to love the shop when it was in that portacabin type building at the back of the Williams stand (or Grandstand as it was then) run by Beryl Fudge. It felt like a treasure trove. The current shop is pretty boring and feels dark, cramped and airless.

Archived