IGNORED

Where to sit at Ashton Gate

ceetee

8 hours ago, ceetee said:

Visiting Bristol for a few days and hoping to catch a game while I'm there: will be there solo and looking for some atmosphere first, decent seats second -- what's the consensus? 

The best view is from the upper Lansdown but it's not always open. 

The view from everywhere else in the rebuilt stadium is pretty good but the South Stand has the best atmosphere or the Atyeo when there's a decent away following.

23 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I think he'd find it quite difficult to get a home ticket in the Atyeo :facepalm:

The Atyeo isn't always sold out with away fans ffs. Depends who the opposition  are......and.......he could always get a ticket as an away fan.

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

Slight issue in that if you're visiting for a few days this week, only one stand is open on Friday as it stands, which doesn't give you many options. 

I read it as for a few days, sometime in the future to see a league game. But as you say if it's this week it's a friendly so not atmosphere as such and only the Dolman is open and it's unreserved I understand.

Edit; I'm wondering how this will pan out, will singers be allowed to stand? How can they relax the rules for this match and no other even allowing for the low attendance and friendly status? 

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

I read it as for a few days, sometime in the future to see a league game. But as you say if it's this week it's a friendly so not atmosphere as such and only the Dolman is open and it's unreserved I understand.

Edit; I'm wondering how this will pan out, will singers be allowed to stand? How can they relax the rules for this match and no other even allowing for the low attendance and friendly status? 

To be honest the atmosphere will be dead for a meaningless friendly in front of a low crowd.

Just now, The_Don said:

To be honest the atmosphere will be dead for a meaningless friendly in front of a low crowd.

I think so too, but it will be interesting if loads decide to stand.

18 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

I think he'd find it quite difficult to get a home ticket in the Atyeo :facepalm:

In fairness he never said he was coming to support us, just that he wanted to visit Ashton Gate, so he can get a ticket wherever he likes really.

Some people like watching from behind the goal, but i alwaya preferred watching from as close to the half way line as icould get.

View from the first 4 or 5 rows anywhere in the ground is quite poor.

I like the Dolman personally, but the West Stand is good to and has the advantages of not being blinded by the sun and better protection from the prevailing wind and rain.

Only been up in the 2nd tier once and could not believe how small the other stands look from up there.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The best view is from the upper Lansdown but it's not always open. 

The view from everywhere else in the rebuilt stadium is pretty good but the South Stand has the best atmosphere or the Atyeo when there's a decent away following.

Isn't the upper Lansdown open this season for the 'family' section? should be relatively easy to sneak in there.

1 hour ago, Ska Junkie said:

Isn't the upper Lansdown open this season for the 'family' section? should be relatively easy to sneak in there.

I'm not aware of that but last season it was only open when a large attendence was expected. I managed to swop my SC on the last game against against Brum.

Great view from up there.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'm not aware of that but last season it was only open when a large attendence was expected. I managed to swop my SC on the last game against against Brum.

Great view from up there.

I did the same thing against Blackburn and, I agree, the view is superb albeit a little detatched.

AFAIK, the family corner has been moved up there to accommodate the S82 lads and lasses in the SE corner so the top tier will be open for every game. I stand to be corrected though.

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Ska Junkie said:

I did the same thing against Blackburn and, I agree, the view is superb albeit a little detatched.

AFAIK, the family corner has been moved up there to accommodate the S82 lads and lasses in the SE corner so the top tier will be open for every game. I stand to be corrected though.

Believe the other blocks (non family section) will only be used as an overflow as per previously

Would assume as the Atyeo is now not used this may happen more often from now on?

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

Believe the other blocks (non family section) will only be used as an overflow as per previously

Would assume as the Atyeo is now not used this may happen more often from now on?

I would have thought so Phantom, unless the club plan on utilising any unused away seats in the Atyeo.  It makes sense to use the upper tier if there are supporters already up there TBH.

Archived