IGNORED

Watching City in Lisbon

hollydog

58 minutes ago, hollydog said:

I'm in Lisbon on Friday night. Anybody know a bar that might be showing the Villa game?

The George right near to Baixa Chiado station is a great English themed sports bar. Was in there earlier in the year and watched a couple of games. They were always playing English games over any others that might have been on.

10 hours ago, MurrayLives said:

The George right near to Baixa Chiado station is a great English themed sports bar. Was in there earlier in the year and watched a couple of games. They were always playing English games over any others that might have been on.

Many thanks - looks quite close to where we are staying.

4 hours ago, RobintheRed Red said:

try the irish bar mate down by the harbour advertises sky sports outside watched the tin pot cup at wembley was mates 60 th at the time

Do you mean Hennessys down by the train station to the coast? That was my shout too. Only thing would be if they have live music on a Friday night. Never been in George but walked past it, probably a good shout!

13 minutes ago, Olé said:

Do you mean Hennessys down by the train station to the coast? That was my shout too. Only thing would be if they have live music on a Friday night. Never been in George but walked past it, probably a good shout!

if thats the station near the food market, go and eat at the Time Out foodhall - its amazing food! (if its still there!)

9 minutes ago, Antman said:

if thats the station near the food market, go and eat at the Time Out foodhall - its amazing food! (if its still there!)

Yep same station, Cais do Sodré, just 30 minutes from there to where I grew up. Food market is right opposite the station, Hennessys is about two minutes walk from it, heading into town (river on right).

@hollydog I know of another City fan who is out there looking to watch the game tomorrow night. He is on Twitter if you want to be put in touch.

58 minutes ago, Olé said:

yes thats the one mate drank plenty in there that day on the sunday had a row with the guy behind the bar as he turned over for the premier match which followed i  said hang on  we got to see the presentation of the trophy :laugh:

Archived