IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 7. Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

The Billy Big B******s attitude isn't new with that lot, they've always been a set of arrogant gobshites.

Indeed. I've been working at New Cross hospital up there today and, to  man, they assumed they were gonna batter us.

I did remind them it was City they were playing and not the crap from the swamp, the battering is next week! ;)

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Haha 1

That 2nd half was as crazy a game of football I've witnessed in a long time. 

Whilst we battled well, make no mistake, we got lucky tonight. Outplayed thoroughly in the 1st half. 2nd half was pure madness. Every time we made a mistake in the middle or in their half they attacked so quickly and piled crosses in. We rode out luck massively at times. 

Was actually stunning when we took the lead. I was actually laughing more than screaming when we scored. It was that unbelievable that we went ahead. 

What surprised me the most was at 3-3 I'm thinking "hold on. A point here is great", and then I see Korey of all people bursting forward and vacating the midfield at every opportunity. We wanted the 3 points even though we rode our luck so much. 

Crazy half of football. Whilst outplayed and terribly fortunate, we did actually deserve the point through our tenacity, energy and desire.

• Like 3
28 minutes ago, Harry said:

That 2nd half was as crazy a game of football I've witnessed in a long time. 

Whilst we battled well, make no mistake, we got lucky tonight. Outplayed thoroughly in the 1st half. 2nd half was pure madness. Every time we made a mistake in the middle or in their half they attacked so quickly and piled crosses in. We rode out luck massively at times. 

Was actually stunning when we took the lead. I was actually laughing more than screaming when we scored. It was that unbelievable that we went ahead. 

What surprised me the most was at 3-3 I'm thinking "hold on. A point here is great", and then I see Korey of all people bursting forward and vacating the midfield at every opportunity. We wanted the 3 points even though we rode our luck so much. 

Crazy half of football. Whilst outplayed and terribly fortunate, we did actually deserve the point through our tenacity, energy and desire.

Couldn't agree more

A superb pulsating game, with no quarter asked or given, and both teams going all out for the win. We rode our luck at times, but we looked dangerous every time we came forward and deserved our point for our bravery. Every player put in a real shift tonight; but I would like to pick out Josh Brownhill who improves with every game, and Bobby Reid, where does he get that energy guy from?

6 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Was a great read chaps over my porridge this morning until that 3rd Wolves goal. Seems we need to cut out those corner defending errors. A valiant effort but what a pity we could not lay the voodoo of 1931 . 

I think we did exceptionally well in defence considering we had no established right back and a reshuffled defence .

For their first goal there was no one in that position to block out the danger .

Their right winger was outstanding and run our defence ragged  in addition to firing in corners low, fast and powerful which needed just a nick or the slightest of touches to go in but we stood firm.

We have become dogged and confident . The signs are good.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think we did exceptionally well in defence considering we had no established right back and a reshuffled defence .

For their first goal there was no one in that position to block out the danger .

Their right winger was outstanding and run our defence ragged  in addition to firing in corners low, fast and powerful which needed just a nick or the slightest of touches to go in but we stood firm.

Agreed Major,  why can't our corner takers do the same?   Watch and learn,  I say.

Really happy with this result - although like many was desperately hoping we could hold on for a surprise win...

We're looking pretty solid at the back (first time in ages?!) and got competition for most positions (particularly the CBs) and looking creative in attack.

If anyone ever asks I'll still say I'll be happy with a mid-table end to the season, but recently I've actually started to feel that's possible - and maybe we could even sneak a bit better :whistle:

On 9/13/2017 at 14:31, Major Isewater said:

Fair dinkum. 

I thought we had 2 players for each position on the park?

Why not ? basic error?

2 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Fair dinkum. 

I thought we had 2 players for each position on the park?

Why not ? basic error?

Not just a case of 2 players for each spot, in this case playing BW at RB meant they could switch to a 3 without making a sub. Vyner may have been ok , but with a more attack minded player in front of him it may have been a big ask. BW would have been a more defensive option to start with, but as I said it's an easier switch to a3 which I believe they did fairly early on.
Still one of LJ's biggest fans, but you have to give credit where due, seems to have learnt a lot from last year, even from earlier this year. 

• Thanks 1