IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 7. Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City

A great battling performance unbeaten in 3 tough games + 5 points, LJ can be rightly proud.

Fielding 7 didn't do much  wrong.

Wright 6 was ok.

Flint 9 just immense again. MOM.

Baker 7 looks a better player than the one we had on loan.

Bryan 6 he played well but was caught out a few times defensively.

ODowda 7 first 20 minutes I thought here we go again but then settled in and played well for the rest of the game.

Brownhill 6 played well but sometimes far too casual in dangerous positions.

Smith 7 another terrific game, 2 bad mistakes but always available and willing to have the ball.

Leko 7 for his 1st half performance, always a threat, ran out of steam in the 2nd.

Reid 6 his fitness and enthusiasm is terrific and always a threat tonight his passing radar was poor.

Diedhiou 6 not quite working for him but to be fair he never hides and tonight there were a few glimpses of what he can do.

LJ 9 again his tactics were once more perfect and his substitutions spot on, I think we miss Pisano and a back 4 and he has work to do on defending set pieces.

Taylor 7 was busy and caused problems.

Pack 7 steadied the ship.

Patterson 7 looked bright.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Great point that 

Slight feeling of dissapointmen after taking a late lead but have to remember we were behind twice and great spirit to fight back

Well done youuuuuuu Reddddds :clap:

Bailey lucky not to see red and concede a penalty by looks of it 

Difficult to argue we possibly got the big calls today, given a marginal penalty, not given one our end, but got to be in the game to take advantage of them.

8 minutes ago, hodge said:

Guess we'll find out in January :thumbsup: Said we were turning down bids for him in the last few weeks so there's some interest in him at least. 

Lets wait and see then. If he's so good why are we all interested in who will buy him. Surely he is better off staying with us. Seems to me that people are more interested in what we can make out of our best players money wise than what they can do for us and our future.  Where is the ambition in that ?

Edited by BigTone
  • Like 4
4 minutes ago, chinapig said:

That's the Championship for you. Not subtle maybe but can be bloody exciting.

I can't see many teams getting anything at Molineux, they're a very good side.

More than happy with a point TBH although it would have been great to hang on once we went 3-2 up.

Edited by Ska Junkie
  • Like 1

Well. It's not often you're winning with 5 to play, end up drawing and consider it an excellent point. 

The performance wasn't amazing but it was alright. it was gutsy, and Wolves will feel disappointed with a point. 

Bobby looks a really good player. Every attacking move seems to start with Korey - who I thought had a good game. Joe had a good first half, less so in the second.

The penalty was given when we were all celebrating a corner, but a Wolves fan on the train with me now seems to think it was a pen. 

Wolves going forwards will be as good as anyone in this league and this really is an excellent point, not many will come away from there with anything at all. 

Well done City. Gutsy, if not brilliant. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Lets wait and see then. If he's so good why are we all interested in who will buy him. Surrely he is better off staying with us.

The new philosophy, sell players when they're at their peak value. We potentially have a player whose barely got into our team for his whole career with us and is turning 25 this season, if we get a big offer for him it would make sense to sell. Engvall will be back from his loan by then, Đurić hopefully fit as well so wouldn't have to go out and buy a striker in January, could look at keeping Hinds around too. All pretty meaningless until January though and how he's done until then. 

Wow. Not sure I can take much more of this and we've only just started the season.

Hats off. Two brilliant results.

Well done players and management. Vital we keep the momentum going on Saturday, a tight, tight league.

Need to have a lie down. God knows what the tension is like for LJ and the rest on the sidelines.

8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

A great battling performance unbeaten in 3 tough games + 5 points, LJ can be rightly proud.

Fielding 7 didn't do much  wrong.

Wright 6 was ok.

Flint 9 just immense again. MOM.

Baker 7 looks a better player than the one we had on loan.

Bryan 6 he played well but was caught out a few times defensively.

ODowda 7 first 20 minutes I thought here we go again but then settled in and played well for the rest of the game.

Brownhill 6 played well but sometimes far too casual in dangerous positions.

Smith 7 another terrific game, 2 bad mistakes but always available and willing to have the ball.

Leko 7 for his 1st half performance, always a threat, ran out of steam in the 2nd.

Reid 6 his fitness and enthusiasm is terrific and always a threat tonight his passing radar was poor.

Diedhiou 6 not quite working for him but to be fair he never hides and tonight there were a few glimpses of what he can do.

LJ 9 again his tactics were once more perfect and his substitutions spot on, I think we miss Pisano and a back 4 and he has work to do on defending set pieces.

Taylor 7 was busy and caused problems.

Pack 7 steadied the ship.

Patterson 7 looked bright.

Hard to see from the Sky clips, was Flint at fault for any of the goals? Looked as though he lost his man a couple of times which lead to the goals, although not 100% sure it was him.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

If he can get to 10 by January I wouldn't be surprised if we were receiving some tempting offers. 

Maybe, but I doubt the offers would be in the region you're suggesting for an almost 25 year old with 4 month very impressive spell in a 6-7 season career.

He's got to prove it's not a freak run - if he carries on scoring regularly ( say 16-18 this season) and carries on with a few next August, then we may well see a big offer at the end of that window.

I doubt any club would risk it before then, but this is football and there are desperate clubs with masses of cash around, so you never know.

Interesting to see how City value him - I'm assuming the offers LJ said we received in August were not very big.

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, hodge said:

Hard to see from the Sky clips, was Flint at fault for any of the goals? Looked as though he lost his man a couple of times which lead to the goals, although not 100% sure it was him.

Looked like he went for the ball too early and left the wolves player free for their 3rd. Only saw one replay though.

Edited by Red Army 87
2 minutes ago, hodge said:

The 1st goal Bryan got caught out too far upfield and never got back and that left us light at the back, 2nd goal Flint was taken out by flick on and for the 3rd Wright for me was out of position and marking thin air leaving Smith exposed.