IGNORED

The Official Match Day Thread 7. Wolverhampton Wanderers v Bristol City

A very young team, maybe someone could work out their average age and it might be surprising. We still have to bed in a few players but maybe, just maybe with the players we got in last year plus the couple of longstanding ones we might have the makings of a gelled close group last seen in our promotion season.

Just to be clear I am not taking about promotion but having that squad bond that takes teams forward..

10 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Well. It's not often you're winning with 5 to play, end up drawing and consider it an excellent point. 

The performance wasn't amazing but it was alright. it was gutsy, and Wolves will feel disappointed with a point. 

Bobby looks a really good player. Every attacking move seems to start with Korey - who I thought had a good game. Joe had a good first half, less so in the second.

The penalty was given when we were all celebrating a corner, but a Wolves fan on the train with me now seems to think it was a pen. 

Wolves going forwards will be as good as anyone in this league and this really is an excellent point, not many will come away from there with anything at all. 

Well done City. Gutsy, if not brilliant. 

You are correct but in midfield they were no better than us and that is not something we can often say and defensively they look nervous.

it's the first in a long time we have played in an intimidating atmosphere and not folded, I don't think anyone can say that we were intimidated by Wolves as a team or the atmosphere.

I actually believe that we deserved the point, my only problem is conceding 2 goals from corners is poor and needs working on.

7 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Maybe, but I doubt the offers would be in the region you're suggesting for an almost 25 year old with 4 month very impressive spell in a 6-7 season career.

He's got to prove it's not a freak run - if he carries on scoring regularly ( say 16-18 this season) and carries on with a few next August, then we may well see a big offer at the end of that window.

I doubt any club would risk it before then, but this is football and there are desperate clubs with masses of cash around, so you never know.

Interesting to see how City value him - I'm assuming the offers LJ said we received in August were not very big.

As i said before, can't see how his form can dip with his new role, only if his energy levels dip, and that's not going to happen, he can only get better imo.

4 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I'm sorry... are we suggesting the header that Wright won in our box and then was completely smashed by their forward was in some way something other than a clear foul and yellow card in our favour!?

i really couldn't believe that Wolves fans dared to complain!

I agree but it's typical of supporters of teams that have a 'history' they feel that they have entitlement and also as a team Wolves bitched about every single decision.

4 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

As i said before, can't see how his form can dip with his new role, only if his energy levels dip, and that's not going to happen, he can only get better imo.

His energy levels are impressive, far better than at any time previously in his career.

Whether he can keep that up or not we simply don't know.

Time will tell.

13 minutes ago, Offside said:

Sounds like it was a fantastic game. 4 points from two tricky away games is a good return.

Really good , noticed Derby pretty much fielded second eleven at Barnsley in EFL cup, so recovery vital for Weekends game ,  but yes come on let's see a big crowd behind the lads on Saturday

6 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Really good , noticed Derby pretty much fielded second eleven at Barnsley in EFL cup, so recovery vital for Weekends game ,  but yes come on let's see a big crowd behind the lads on Saturday

3 full days rest and a bit of light training and tactical set ups for Saturday shouldn't put us at too much of a disadvantage against Derby

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey - having a nose at their forum - They've got all Billy Big B*****+**x syndrome suddenly , because some Chinese bloke is splashing the cash

A lot seem to think it was a travesty they didn't win by 8 or 9

bell ends

We gave as good as we got. Had a huge slice of luck when matey clattered the crossbar and minutes later their bloke was not quick enough to react in front of goal and missed the target, but we looked threatening every time we were in their half and that quick touch football made us look impressive tonight.

Young Bobby poached another, Flinty got another, Bailey Wright started and Diedihou (god I hate spelling that) got his goal. Taylor had nice touches in his cameo too

Great result...Sets up Saturday. In short we got what we deserved at a minimum!...

As you say Bellends!  

• Like 2
9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Blimey - having a nose at their forum - They've got all Billy Big B*****+**x syndrome suddenly , because some Chinese bloke is splashing the cash

A lot seem to think it was a travesty they didn't win by 8 or 9

bell ends

The Billy Big B******s attitude isn't new with that lot, they've always been a set of arrogant gobshites.

• Like 2
57 minutes ago, Thatch35 said:

Haha. You talk more and more shite. ..but not a my level yet :)

Come on Thatch....

Repeat after me:

"Well............done.............. City, .............That.............was................ a...............good...............point."

.......................and stop gritting your teeth FFS!!!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

5 points from Brentford , Reading and Wolves away 

And all games you have the feel we would hve lost last season

:thumbsup:

:clap:

Promising :D

Bouncebackability innnnnit :bounce:

Wonder how our points compare to the corresponding matches last season.

We are 2 down on the Villa one- Millwall would be ignored as they were league 1, but I feel we might just be a point or 2 better off in the others.