IGNORED

Cardiff - Back to 12 Noon on Saturday!

BRISTOL86

8 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

Yes. You honestly can't be telling me that you don't think the fire brigade will be busier on the Friday evening of bonfire weekend than midday on the Saturday? :blink:

Have never seen an abundance of fire engines around Aston Gate on a match day !

5 hours ago, hodge said:

They've had Cardiff City, Wales Rugby and England Cricket playing on the same day before. 

Yes, sorry, the point I wanted to make was that it's bizarre that Bristol cannot host a one off (admittedly risky) fixture without all this fuss. Whilst other cities smaller than ours seem to cope with bigger events with no issues.

5 minutes ago, Red Derek said:

Yes, sorry, the point I wanted to make was that it's bizarre that Bristol cannot host a one off (admittedly risky) fixture without all this fuss. Whilst other cities smaller than ours seem to cope with bigger events with no issues.

Yeah I was just expanding on it showing that they can host 3 sports in one day with overlapping times when they're taking place. 

3 minutes ago, El Hombrecito said:

As I (and many others) have said many times already, they will be needed if there is a major incident. Nobody's suggesting they sit around outside just in case.

And your point is what ? I still cannot fathom the fire brigade input when the game should be plaYedingham or not 

I have read all comments on this thread over the last few hours and have taken on board all of the concerns, advice or other comments towards myself and a and s police  regarding this change back to the Saturday at 1200hrs.

as fordy correctly identifies I am not in a position to comment on this change back to the original date which I know most of you wont be overly happy with. 

However I can reassure you all that this fixture will be a safe event for everyone with a view to it becoming as near a normal fixture in the near future.  

i am really sorry that I can't answer all your questions regarding this, I would if I could!!!

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

I have read all comments on this thread over the last few hours and have taken on board all of the concerns, advice or other comments towards myself and a and s police  regarding this change back to the Saturday at 1200hrs.

as fordy correctly identifies I am not in a position to comment on this change back to the original date which I know most of you wont be overly happy with. 

However I can reassure you all that this fixture will be a safe event for everyone with a view to it becoming as near a normal fixture in the near future.  

i am really sorry that I can't answer all your questions regarding this, I would if I could!!!

May be out of your hands, but I don't think it's too much to ask that these things get sorted before the Sky dates where possible.

I know it isn't personally your fault, but it's not really acceptable that people have booked time off work, or paid out for travel/accommodation arrangements for it to be moved around again. 

I hope whoever's played a part - be that the club, police force or whoever - can be a bit more considerate about fans losing money or undergoing needless inconvenience in these instances.

3 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

May be out of your hands, but I don't think it's too much to ask that these things get sorted before the Sky dates where possible.

I know it isn't personally your fault, but it's not really acceptable that people have booked time off work, or paid out for travel/accommodation arrangements for it to be moved around again. 

I hope whoever's played a part - be that the club, police force or whoever - can be a bit more considerate about fans losing money or undergoing inconvenience.

Yes you are correct, it is not acceptable for fans to be messed about like this..

working alongside you all I fully understand that and am hopeful things can improve from this .

4 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Yes you are correct, it is not acceptable for fans to be messed about like this..

working alongside you all I fully understand that and am hopeful things can improve from this .

Can I ask what thought process goes in to a decision like this? I'm not trying to load the question, but how do the police decide to change a fixture 3 times? I understand the fears about trouble but i dont understand the process that goes on behind this.

Having read the thread it appears quite clear that the decision (the latest one) is due to it being bonfire night weekend. 

So, the real question should be.. why has the date of bonfire weekend been changed this year? 

Why don't they have that on the same date every year, so that when things like football fixtures come out, they make sound, early decisions about any changes needed. 

Just so I can plan ahead, does anyone know what date Christmas is going to be this year, please..?

• Admin
2 hours ago, bs3 said:

I do have an understanding. 

After 7 years of austerity and cuts the Police are unable to Police effectively.

The Fire service are unable to provide  adequate cover across the country.

Royal Navy unable to send ships to sea , the RAF unable to stop Russians airforce violating our airspace.

Schools unable to afford books for pupils.

The NHS unable to treat and care for all the people in this country.

I understand that with this current government and its policy we are turning into a 2nd rate nation , unable to educate its children, care for its sick and elderly, uphold law and order and protect it self from enemies at home and abroad and run by unelected Quangos who decided that lights must be kept on with in a stadium stands during the game.

I was at school in the 70's, we had to share school books as they couldn't afford enough for one each, the buildings needed work, the classes were too big, the police were stretched, there were NHS waiting lists and they weren't as advanced as now, so less technology, diagnosis and treatment.

What's actually changed?  Apart from Orwells Big Brother becoming more realistic........

6 hours ago, ESSEX ROBIN said:

Great that means ive lost money on the hotel trip as I was staying over and rail ticket as well.its always the fans out of pocket

Yep i booked tickets with queezy jet from edinburgh for this. Just hope i can cancel and get my money back or ive lost best part of 150.00 not including hotel airport parking ect. Really ruined it for me. 

• Admin
13 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haven't re read the whole thread, but just found out that Sky would have paid us £100k for televising yhis game along with a bumper Friday night crowd, would have been a real money spinning game.  Avon & Somerset Plod have certainly screwed that up. W****rs.

Read the whole thread then, there might be hints it isn't A&S who take 100% of the blame, maybe they don't take any of it!!

15 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Haven't re read the whole thread, but just found out that Sky would have paid us £100k for televising yhis game along with a bumper Friday night crowd, would have been a real money spinning game.  Avon & Somerset Plod have certainly screwed that up. W****rs.

No amount of money should override spectators' safety. 

The bigger issue here is why the Friday night was safe 2 weeks ago, but isn't safe now..?! 

Having already changed it, then surely some sort of restriction on Cardiff fans travel would have been the less disruptive solution. NIT that I agree with bubble games AT ALL, but from the polices point of view. 

2 hours ago, bs3 said:

I do have an understanding. 

After 7 years of austerity and cuts the Police are unable to Police effectively.

The Fire service are unable to provide  adequate cover across the country.

Royal Navy unable to send ships to sea , the RAF unable to stop Russians airforce violating our airspace.

Schools unable to afford books for pupils.

The NHS unable to treat and care for all the people in this country.

I understand that with this current government and its policy we are turning into a 2nd rate nation , unable to educate its children, care for its sick and elderly, uphold law and order and protect it self from enemies at home and abroad and run by unelected Quangos who decided that lights must be kept on with in a stadium stands during the game.

surely brexit is to blame.

26 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

No amount of money should override spectators' safety. 

The bigger issue here is why the Friday night was safe 2 weeks ago, but isn't safe now..?! 

Having already changed it, then surely some sort of restriction on Cardiff fans travel would have been the less disruptive solution. NIT that I agree with bubble games AT ALL, but from the polices point of view. 

Thing is if it's on the grounds of safety more Cardiff fans are going to be able to make it now then Friday evening, so a larger police presence is now even more essential. That's if you go with the idea they were struggling for numbers for the evening. More fans now have the opportunity to drink more before the game as most who are attending the game won't have work just before it, if Cardiff fans are thinking of sticking around there's now the whole afternoon in Bristol as well. 

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Thing is if it's on the grounds of safety more Cardiff fans are going to be able to make it now then Friday evening, so a larger police presence is now even more essential. That's if you go with the idea they were struggling for numbers for the evening. More fans now have the opportunity to drink more before the game as most who are attending the game won't have work just before it, if Cardiff fans are thinking of sticking around there's now the whole afternoon in Bristol as well. 

I think it's more to do with whatever else is going on that night, rather than purely a case of numbers, sadly we seem to be the only city in the country that is incapable of policing more than 1 event at a time, god knows how Lancashire police manage with usually at least one of Man U or City at home plus games in Bolton, Wigan etc, etc.

Do we have an unusually low number of coppers or something as it seems as if almost every other major city can cope but A+S cant even cope with City and Rovers with a combined attendance of max 30k ???

1 hour ago, stevep38 said:

Yep i booked tickets with queezy jet from edinburgh for this. Just hope i can cancel and get my money back or ive lost best part of 150.00 not including hotel airport parking ect. Really ruined it for me. 

You loser, it's about time you realised that no one gives a **** about football fans and we are treated like shyte, stay in Edinburgh mate, football clubs don't deserve proper fans like you and me

Archived