IGNORED

Keogh and LJ

'Orns

7 minutes ago, bissellredhead said:

Spot on. If it were the other way round I'm sure hardly anyone would say it wasn't a penalty!

100% penalty in my book

I thought it was a definite pen until I saw it on TV. Vydra "won" the spot kick by going over just as he'd passed FF arms. It looked to me as if he dived on TV.

The Leko pen was simply him being too tricky for Keogh who caught Leko's standing leg. That was a stonewall pen.

4 hours ago, Robin Goch said:

Leko's was right in front of me and it was a blatant dive. If that was an opposition player we'd be hounding him out as a cheat. Unfortunately it just shows the way our game is going with penalties being given for both these incidents. 

Eh? He was looking for it, like I said in another thread, Keogh bit and it was a penalty. Don't know what you were watching.

12 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Agreed. He was only young when he was here anyway and I doubt he holds a grudge with LJ about selection issues a decade ago.

Thought he was a good player at the time and gone on to have a good career. I remember his friendship with Noble - particularly those sozzled interviews on the victory boat tour in 2007. Pair of likeable pissheads.

Noble is one of the biggest wastes of talent I've seen at this club.. but that's another topic altogether. Fantastically talented player.

Noble still the best player we've had for many a year in terms of raw ability. Never seen someone have so much effortless talent. 

Sadly he seemed to enjoyed the party/banter side of football a bit too much. 

Plays for St Albans now (albeit he is 35). IMO could've/should've been signed from a Prem side the year we didn't go up, probably could've stayed at a top level since. 

Compare his talent & skill to Steve Sidwell (who he was in arsenal's youth team with), and the respective careers they've had, it's such a waste. 

10 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

When Paul Gascoigne is suggesting that you're wasting your talent, as he did with Noble in his autobiography (they were both at Boston for a bit), then you know you've got issues.

This is true, Nobes and Gazza were both young kids with the Red Socks for a while. Or were they together in that band with the big hair?   :laugh: More than a feeling

Seriously though, whatever happened to Boston? Maybe more of a question for one of our friends from north of the river (those with more experience of the lower echelons in recent times)

Boston?

4 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

eThis is true, Nobes and Gazza were both young kids with the Red Socks for a while. Or were they together in that band with the big hair?   :laugh: More than a feeling

Seriously though, whatever happened to Boston? Maybe more of a question for one of our friends from north of the river (those with more experience of the lower echelons in recent times)

Boston?

I think they got done for breaking all sorts of financial regulations and got relegated about three leagues - there might have been some connection with that bloke who owned Doncaster and tried to burn Belle Vue down for the insurance money but I could be completely wide of the mark with that.

3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I think they got done for breaking all sorts of financial regulations and got relegated about three leagues - there might have been some connection with that bloke who owned Doncaster and tried to burn Belle Vue down for the insurance money but I could be completely wide of the mark with that.

youre right.  and Steve Evans was manager and only just avoided jail  I think I read

35 minutes ago, cidered abroad said:

Glad that I'm not the only one who saw Vydra on his way down before Frank got there.

My first instinct when I saw it was that it wasn't a penalty/he was looking for it, similar to Leko's in many ways, you knew what he was doing. Shame because the ref has to give them.

Archived