IGNORED

The Other Manchester thread

wendyredredrobin

34 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Just play like we did last night and we could beat anyone.

:yes:

That being said, it will be a really tought task, because it's not a single match: even tougher if we think about the busy period between now and half january, and the small number of players that we can field in thi period (unlike Man City).

Oh well, we have Superman LJ on the bench: he'll figure out something.  :whistle:

7 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

So following all of the build up to and the euphoria of last night, it's all going to happen again and we have to play some other team from Manchester in the semi finals over 2 legs.

This lot will be a different proposition to their plastic neighbours but the build up, buying tickets and priority classes start over again.

Man City are really a classy outfit with probably the best manager in the world at the moment and will take some beating over 2 legs (a one off performance is more likely).

OK let's face it, Man C H&A will probably mean the semi final is as far as we go this season. Before the Man U game I accepted there was a possibility of defeat. All I wanted if that happened was a narrow defeat and to be outplayed, but not outclassed.

Think back to the 1989 semi; 1-1 at Forest, but 0-1 at home. 1970 0-0 v Spurs and a 2-0 defeat in ET at White Hart Lane. Although not winning, City have given a good account of themselves in previous League Cup semi finals against top flight clubs.

I think we command respect. We have proven that. These lads are warriors and underestimate that at your peril. 

I remember posting before the Manchester game; if you can get the ball of us you will have to take your chances. Even writing that it seemed strange... But bloody true. I was right. 

If you turn up and just expect to win because of the name on the back of your shirt,  you are in for a surprise. However its not a surprise anymore. 

Man City should be warned. We are capable. 

Stevo

25 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Tickets must be on sell soon?

Hopefully we can get some non cup tied strong reinforcements in before the game so we have some depth and don't have to play Garita on the bench

There needs to be a quick turnaround especially for the first leg, and considering the different priority groups etc could we see an announcement today?  Guess it depends how quickly the two clubs can agree pricing but they need to do it soon!

Archived