IGNORED

Man City Tickets - General Sale Applicant Request

cityfan

5 hours ago, Septic Peg said:

I don't have a ST and I didn't go to Man U.

Call me an armchair fan if you like but it's down to 1 main reason, my son is not old enough yet (imo) to attend night matches. On a school night, he wouldn't get into bed much before 10.30pm after travelling home through traffic etc and that's too much for him. We also are part of an amateur dramatics society so that's another evening of his week gone or more if a show is coming up.

When he's at secondary school, I'll consider it then.

:preacher:DRAMA QUEEN !   

4 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not knocking anyone for not being able to go to matches regularly, or even once every couple of seasons. Like I said I’ve been there myself. @CiderCraiggets my point, which is which team is the real attraction as a City fan? Do people want to see how we play against ManU/ManC or is the desire to watch the ‘stars’ of the Premiership club more. That’s all I’m asking, as we don’t get the same scramble of interest for league matches or earlier rounds of the cup, so it’s not interest in the cup in particular.

Fully understand the point you are making, and I'm one who's been unable to go regularly because of circumstance, but I would say it could absolutely be interest in the cup.

I've been saying similar to Manchester Red fans on Twitter, but I think who our opponents were on a Wednesday was largely immaterial to the attendance. It was our first major cup quarter final in a generation. I fully believe the home end would have been sold out regardless, a bit like how we sold 40k for the JPT final against Walsall but a couple our home matches in earlier rounds were (I believe) sub 10k.

15 hours ago, cityfan said:

I wanted to go to the Man U game because win, lose or draw, it was always about a memorable night, something that has not happened down at City of that magnitude in my life time.

Against Man City over two legs it will be totally different.  It won't for me be about a memorable night. moreso about watching to see how far City have come.  Man City are a different prospect to Man U and as many keep saying, probably the best team in the world.  Add to that a night game and the Semi-finals then right there you have your attraction.

I can get to a league game, but I won't get anywhere near the allocation for such a high profile match.  So with a league game I have a choice.  But with Man U and Man City, I won't get that choice.

Why would anyone who’s that interested not have got themselves a membership by now..?!

A membership, with attending the odd game gets you a ticket for these fixtures. 

14 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Parenting before self wishes

:clap:

:worship2:

I can see both angles on this one although I am in the other corner. I have a season ticket (always have) and I take my son who is 7 and half years old. He will attend 70% of the evening games. I don't think there is any harm in the odd late night in view that there are not many night matches and he was certainly not going to miss the Manchester United experience. Not that he needed any more red blood in his veins but that game will live with him FOREVER!

His school attendance record is amazing (prob 7 days off sick and now in his 4th year) so I will be taking him out of school for 2 days to go to the Man City away game!

Can't see the harm but understand that we all parent differently!

COYR

1 hour ago, tomo said:

I can see both angles on this one although I am in the other corner. I have a season ticket (always have) and I take my son who is 7 and half years old. He will attend 70% of the evening games. I don't think there is any harm in the odd late night in view that there are not many night matches and he was certainly not going to miss the Manchester United experience. Not that he needed any more red blood in his veins but that game will live with him FOREVER!

His school attendance record is amazing (prob 7 days off sick and now in his 4th year) so I will be taking him out of school for 2 days to go to the Man City away game!

Can't see the harm but understand that we all parent differently!

COYR

Ahh don't get me wrong Tomo  - Apologies if you thought I was suggesting taking kids to evening games was in anyway wrong - Anything but ;)

:thumbsup:

the thought never crossed my mind 

Parents choice and judgement 

I was merely applauding Peg , having believed that the time wasn't right yet , to stay at home herself rather than put herself first , if you see what I mean !

Apologies if  you  misunderstand me 

Love to see the kids excitement at the football day or evening and just love to see and hear of good parents whatever their decisions and choices 

I said to a few young ones on Weds night 'Take it all in and enjoy it as it doesn't come round very often!' 

Your sons memories and your memory of Weds night together will last forever and your son will always be grateful - promise ya ;)

I looked up at my Dads old seat at the final whistle and winked 

My , and I guess mosts,  love of City and Football comes from our parents (Mainly Dad of our generation) being kind enough to take us and introduce us and my dear Dad gave me  the greatest gift , the love of sport by taking me to City and lots of other football at every opportunity and it was a bond that was enormous and lasted till his final moments

Sounds like you are doing the same  :thumbsup::clap:

For what it’s worth, I tend to take Joe (now 12) to night games more at the start and end of season, mainly due to the cold, as it affects his muscles.  He is also a grumpy sod after a late night (like us all).  Wednesday was actually quite mild, but it was a late one.  

I think the coldest one I’ve been to of late was Hull City, which was a Saturday lunchtime Funnily enough....when Kodjia wore tights!

11 hours ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Many, me included now after a little one was born not so long ago, can’t afford the membership and a match ticket. It comes to over £60 for one game. Realistically I won’t be able to go to loads of games over the next couple of years so won’t make use of the membership. 

Therefore asking for a ticket to buy on here is much more cost effective 

Cry me a ******* river.

If you want to go THAT bad, buy a membership.

8 minutes ago, Robin TBW said:

Cry me a ******* river.

If you want to go THAT bad, buy a membership.

But that's what he's saying , new baby and he can't afford / justify the membership (+ ticket) for one game and wouldn't be in a financial position to use the membership after !

I can understand it and sympathise - hopefully @You Do The DziekanowskiSomeone can help you out with a face value spare :fingerscrossed:

14 hours ago, RedM said:

I’m not knocking anyone for not being able to go to matches regularly, or even once every couple of seasons. Like I said I’ve been there myself. @CiderCraiggets my point, which is which team is the real attraction as a City fan? Do people want to see how we play against ManU/ManC or is the desire to watch the ‘stars’ of the Premiership club more. That’s all I’m asking, as we don’t get the same scramble of interest for league matches or earlier rounds of the cup, so it’s not interest in the cup in particular.

Of course you dont get the scramble, we dont get sell outs very often for league games so everyone who wants to go has a choice.

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

But that's what he's saying , new baby and he can't afford / justify the membership (+ ticket) for one game and wouldn't be in a financial position to use the membership after !

I can understand it and sympathise - hopefully @You Do The DziekanowskiSomeone can help you out with a face value spare :fingerscrossed:

Cheers bud!

im hoping my Dads mate who works nights isn’t using his ticket.

But as stated before with travel etc. It will be close to £100 for 1 game. Now if I was able to make use of the membership obviously I would buy it and go that way. 

Enjoy your Christmas @Robin TBW hopefully someone doesn’t shit on your spuds like they done on your pancakes this morning 

31 minutes ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

Cheers bud!

im hoping my Dads mate who works nights isn’t using his ticket.

But as stated before with travel etc. It will be close to £100 for 1 game. Now if I was able to make use of the membership obviously I would buy it and go that way. 

Enjoy your Christmas @Robin TBW hopefully someone doesn’t shit on your spuds like they done on your pancakes this morning 

Are you actually over in Krakow fella ?

If you are - the travel etc and cost makes sense

As its Xmas Ill pay for a membership for you - that will all but guarantee you a ticket and if we somehow got through would give you an option of a ticket for the final 

Alternatively If someone on here could help you with a spare I'll put £20 toward your ticket :thumbsup:

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Are you actually over in Krakow fella ?

If you are - the travel etc and cost makes sense

As its Xmas Ill pay for a membership for you - that will all but guarantee you a ticket and if we somehow got through would give you an option of a ticket for the final 

Alternatively If someone on here could help you with a spare I'll put £20 toward your ticket :thumbsup:

No I’m in Gloucester now. Back home for good! Don’t know how you update that location thing 

Thanks for offer but you really don’t have to, I’m sure I’ll be able to find someone who isn’t using their ticket, again thanks for the offer it really is a football family! 

1 minute ago, You Do The Dziekanowski said:

No I’m in Gloucester now. Back home for good! Don’t know how you update that location thing 

Thanks for offer but you really don’t have to, I’m sure I’ll be able to find someone who isn’t using their ticket, again thanks for the offer it really is a football family! 

Offer stands - Gloucester or Krakow

Dont miss the game cos of £20 mate :thumbsup:

On 2017-12-23 at 22:09, BobBobSuperBob said:

If you could have a chat between you and let us know what numbers were interested , we can start a thread on here and quickly assess  if we could source enough tickets for you before you book travel etc

@AdamB

Without putting you in a difficult position Do you think in these circumstances the Club may consider the few of our Swedish Fan Club the ability to buy a ticket , if they were able to travel over ?

If not @Garland-swedenI'm sure OTIB can sort it ;)

Thanks for your kindness about the Man City game. We are planning to come over some leauge games later on. Man City game we watch on telly here in Sweden. What a season we got so far, second in the table and semi vs MC in the cup. Half the leauge played and we is still top six.Optimistic I am but this is better than I hoped for before the season begun. Early days but we are har hard to beat. Always believe, COYR!!!

25 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

Thanks for your kindness about the Man City game. We are planning to come over some leauge games later on. Man City game we watch on telly here in Sweden. What a season we got so far, second in the table and semi vs MC in the cup. Half the leauge played and we is still top six.Optimistic I am but this is better than I hoped for before the season begun. Early days but we are har hard to beat. Always believe, COYR!!!

Ok Fellow Red :thumbsup:

Should you change your mind please get in touch

:thumbsup::city::drunk2:

Archived