IGNORED

Maggers..........(Merged)

brady bunch

5 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Now that is a very good point, agree 100%. JB needs to stay at left wing. But we do need to try and get a few proper fullbacks to help us finish this season in the runnings

I agree, I don't really get the RB strategy. IMO, we are trying to shoehorn Wright, Flint and Baker in to the same team. Whilst Pisano is out we can, and I think Wright is actually much better than he does get credit for, albeit not making it his own. I would like to see another RB arrive, but I think for squad morale purposes we are avoiding that and waiting for Pisano to give us a headache. 

Personally, I really don't have issue with HM at left back. I think he is better at lb than JB or anyone else in our squad. Sure he can be improved upon, but I still think he has shown enough for him to be worth persevering with than replacing. I personally would give him 12months more. See how he progresses and pre season would be focussed almost solely on adding strength and bulk. If it doesn't click then, sell January '19. 

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Calm down, i'm saying that a defender in that position needs to stand strong, once is a lesson learned, twice is a lesson forgotten and thrice is a problem.

By my count that is at least the 3rd time LJ has replaced him at half time, I suspect unless needs must (which is probably why he has played so much recently) he will be benched like he has already several times this season.

I want every player that City sign to be a good signing but my opinion is he ain't good enough.

I think LJ just changed tactics which in fairness almost worked. And just as a point of order I am very calm and very proud of my team. To a man they were immense. We have achieved in 2 games what many Premiership teams could not.

The horrible thing was you could see it happening. I understand why he wanted to see it out and relieve pressure. But it was clear from the start that he was a bit too far from the touchline. When he realised that he was in trouble, he still could have played it out for a corner, or off the man for a goal kick. 

I think like most, I want to like the guy and see progression but it isn't happening quickly enough now that we are at the business end of what could be a huge huge season. 

3 minutes ago, BigTone said:

I think LJ just changed tactics which in fairness almost worked. And just as a point of order I am very calm and very proud of my team. To a man they were immense. We have achieved in 2 games what many Premiership teams could not.

This is exactly what he was doing. 

2 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That mistake was such a shame....to think, without it we’d have been 2-1 up with a minute to go....but ifs, buts and maybes probably don’t help...

He gave a goal away doing the same thing recently as well. It was a big effort to keep them out and then he gives them a goal on half time. Poor enough.

20 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

Now that is a very good point, agree 100%. JB needs to stay at left wing. But we do need to try and get a few proper fullbacks to help us finish this season in the runnings

When Callum O’ Dowda returns JB will revert to LB I think Bryan scores the odd goal but does not create more then either Callum or Jamie. Bailey is fine at RB and with Pisano returning soon no real issue for me just another striker and I’m happy

12 minutes ago, RalphMilnesLeftFoot said:

I'm gunna go way out there and say Maggers is much like Bobby Reid and just needs his position tweaking a little bit. I dont think he IS a defender.. Defensive Midfielder Yes, deffo

He's got the engine

Good positional sense

Decent tackle

Decent shot

Fair range of passing

I wonder... 

If that is the case then he still needs to go out on loan as we have Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Hegeler and arguably Bryan who would all play that role better than he would at this point in time. 
I've said it, he has potential but he still needs to improve on his decision making and if we're going for promotion then he's currently too much of a liability.

27 minutes ago, BigTone said:

The lad is class IMO but just made a mistake. Not sure if you noticed but others made mistakes also. Let's also not forget the quality of the opposition.

Let’s not forget he’s a liability and this is not the first time he’s lost the ball on the touch line!! Cardiff is just one of many. 

1 minute ago, Sparkz 76 said:

When Callum O’ Dowda returns JB will revert to LB I think Bryan scores the odd goal but does not create more then either Callum or Jamie. Bailey is fine at RB and with Pisano returning soon no real issue for me just another striker and I’m happy

Couldn't disagree with that more, we use our full backs to push up and create chances from the wide areas, his overall game isn't too bad but his crossing is way below the standard it needs to be and he doesn't have the pace or the off the spot movement needed. Almost every time a decent winger with pace has been 1 vs 1 on the wing all he's needed to do is face him up and then use a burst of speed and Bailey is left behind giving the winger plenty of space to put the ball into the area. I like Bailey, I also think he's a decent player but he doesn't suit the role our full backs play in Johnsons set up, he is literally a temporary fix until Pisano comes back and should he get injured again then any manager worth his wage who has a pacey winger would put him up against Bailey and get his players in the box.

Lovely guy and a decent footballer. The weakest link when LJ is forced to play him . Not gonna get any better what you see is what you get . Play Kelly who has a chance to improve .  

Mistake ridden when he plays . Hopefully someone will come in for him . 

1 minute ago, shelts said:

Lovely guy and a decent footballer. The weakest link when LJ is forced to play him . Not gonna get any better what you see is what you get . Play Kelly who has a chance to improve .  

Mistake ridden when he plays . Hopefully someone will come in for him . 

Well said Shelts.

We could go back to yesterdays conversation involving 'gaping' gaps for the first goal.

11 minutes ago, Spike said:

If that is the case then he still needs to go out on loan as we have Brownhill, Pack, Smith, Hegeler and arguably Bryan who would all play that role better than he would at this point in time. 
I've said it, he has potential but he still needs to improve on his decision making and if we're going for promotion then he's currently too much of a liability.

But Brownhill, Pack, Smith & Bryan already play different roles in the team if you hadn't noticed. As for Hegeler (despite injuries) he has hardly set the world on fire. 

Can’t believe people defending him on here. The guys a f’in liability...full stop. Plays as an individual, and has let his team mates and staff down badly tonight. If I was a player going into that dressing room at half time, I’d want to knock his f’in block off.

Yeah, people make mistakes, i.e. Walsh central etc etc, but this guy was under no pressure at all, and CHOSE to put himself under pressure...twice. Football is all about descision making and percentages, and mags has failed countless times this season to show he can be affective at those. We were playing Man City here for gods sake, not Morecambe!!

I take full responsibility for this, seconds before I said to my eldest son, Maggers is doing alright.  My apologies.

What a cracking atmosphere, very proud of the team and fans tonight.  I was sat in S24, but not sure what happened in Section 82,

Surely not Man City fans in there?  OTIB.....

4 minutes ago, JonDolman said:

Surely Lloyd Kelly is breathing down his neck now. Really really poor again from mags. Hate saying it, again. But he's such an obvious weak link. 

I am not sure. Is this really a time to be playing someone so inexperienced in league football? He could be a rabbit in the headlights.

Games are so important from here in out. I don't think swapping them is good for either of their development. We saw how easily even Joe Bryan looked average last year. With Kelly we could really set back by bringing in too soon. I'm totally on board with good enough, old enough, but this thread is about HM not learning from mistakes, mistakes which LK hasn't even had a chance to make yet in league football. 

21 minutes ago, winsaw said:

I really would not be surprised if he was not moved to holding midfield position next year, I wonder if we had not had so many players out we would have see him playing there already, the boys just not a natural defender end of 

I would hope he would be moved on not put in midfield. What skills does he possess to play there. He is slow and weak in the tackle and under pressure lumps to the opposition.

2 hours ago, brady bunch said:

I don’t care how many songs we sing about him or how long he throws it, he is a total liability in defensive terms.. and has been in nearly ever game....

What concerns me is that he has made that very same mistake on at least three occasions that gave goals away. So why hasn’t the manager told him to stop pissing around when in that position and do what any amateur team on Saturday afternoon would do and belt it out and regroup. Also why didn’t his team mates shout kick it out. He’s a plonker but others isn’t help.

Archived