IGNORED

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson said

Will Rollason

Good line...............................He also said that he would not settle for mediocrity....... I Thought some of his post Cardiff insights and comments were interesting, he is obviously frustrated with some injuries affecting the squad, it would also appear that he will not tolerate complacency .  I think that as we will probably just miss out on the play offs ............. that there will be quite a few comings and goings,.  He obviously knows exactly what is required, and will not think twice about getting rid of deadwood, and recruiting what is needed to make us genuine promotion contenders.

21 minutes ago, Will Rollason said:

"It was a horrible game, let's be honest. I got in for free and I still want my money back."

:clapping::clapping: yeah yeah I know its all serious stuff atm and the trolls are back and that but this actually made me chuckle

That's all well and good but he had a chance to influence the game but didn't, played the same way as them and we got done. On this occasion unfortunately, not good enough.

7 minutes ago, maxjak said:

Good line...............................He also said that he would not settle for mediocrity....... I Thought some of his post Cardiff insights and comments were interesting, he is obviously frustrated with some injuries affecting the squad, it would also appear that he will not tolerate complacency .  I think that as we will probably just miss out on the play offs ............. that there will be quite a few comings and goings,.  He obviously knows exactly what is required, and will not think twice about getting rid of deadwood, and recruiting what is needed to make us genuine promotion contenders.

Hmmmm sorry at the moment headless chicken management.... 

He brought in at least one more piece of driftwood in January when we were crying out for a RB. 

Bailey Wright is the weakest link, captain useless

39 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

He brought in at least one more piece of driftwood in January when we were crying out for a RB. 

Agreed. One of the worst captains I can recall. A liability. 

3 minutes ago, harrys said:

At the moment he is playing really poorly but i don’t think he deserves that sort of stick

I'm not saying that on his day he isn't a decent player, but I don't see much evidence of a captain's influence, plus most of his mistakes are magnified, given his position on the pitch. 

Each to their own. 

6 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not saying that on his day he isn't a decent player, but I don't see much evidence of a captain's influence, plus most of his mistakes are magnified, given his position on the pitch. 

Each to their own. 

I’m not disagreeing that he has been really poor lately but RB is not his preferred position and calling him one of our worse captains ever is a bit harsh but as you rightly say, each to their own.

On 2/25/2018 at 20:52, Singingsuperstar said:

Cannot disagree............... fair point

All those complaining about Bailey Wright being 'useless'. I actually don't think he has been that bad, for a CB filling in at RB, I think he has done a pretty good job. Yes, there has been a few silly fouls given away and the odd bad decision, but he's not the only player to have done that this season. Decision making as a whole by the club, manager and players hasn't been great. It could be worse, we could have Nicky Hunt at RB...

45 minutes ago, ZiderRed said:

All those complaining about Bailey Wright being 'useless'. I actually don't think he has been that bad, for a CB filling in at RB, I think he has done a pretty good job. Yes, there has been a few silly fouls given away and the odd bad decision, but he's not the only player to have done that this season. Decision making as a whole by the club, manager and players hasn't been great. It could be worse, we could have Nicky Hunt at RB...

Don't think he's a patch on Baker, Flint or even given his age Mags at CB to be honest. On the pitch he's less vocal than Smith, Pack and Flint. 

15 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Don't think he's a patch on Baker, Flint or even given his age Mags at CB to be honest. On the pitch he's less vocal than Smith, Pack and Flint. 

I agree. When Pisano is back and fit I don't think Wright will get much of a sniff. But in the meantime, I think he's doing a good job.

35 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

You mean that “given his age” you think 25 year old Mags is better than 25 year old Bailey Wright, given their ages..?! 

On 25/02/2018 at 20:52, Singingsuperstar said:

Quite right about Bailey-wholehearted but that's not enough if top six is the aim.

Hate "Club Captain" policy.. absolute bullshit.

Effort can't be knocked and I wouldn't be so harsh as "useless",but lacks the quality we really need.

Squad player at best if we're to genuinely push on.

2 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

You mean that “given his age” you think 25 year old Mags is better than 25 year old Bailey Wright, given their ages..?! 

Just beat me to it, if you needed convincing there was an agenda behind a criticism.....

This place is getting unbearable. From relegation threatened last year, to League Cup semifinalists this year (beating Man Utd and twice being seconds away from draws v Man City), 7th in the League with 12 games left, record transfer fee smashed, a number of really bright prospects and being near capacity for most match days this season.

And yet still on here it is like suicide hotline. "Oh we won't get this chance again"... really, did you foresee this season at the end of last?; "Our best players will all leave in their droves"... really, like they were predicted to in January?; "We should have pushed the boat out"... think about it, that might have resulted in us buying Diony for a fee.

If we don't win Saturday, I think I'll start avoiding OTIB. The undermining that is going on here and baseless criticisms - see above - are shocking.

2 minutes ago, 29AR said:

Just beat me to it, if you needed convincing there was an agenda behind a criticism.....

This place is getting unbearable. From relegation threatened last year, to League Cup semifinalists this year (beating Man Utd and twice being seconds away from draws v Man City), 7th in the League with 12 games left, record transfer fee smashed, a number of really bright prospects and being near capacity for most match days this season.

And yet still on here it is like suicide hotline. "Oh we won't get this chance again"... really, did you foresee this season at the end of last?; "Our best players will all leave in their droves"... really, like they were predicted to in January?; "We should have pushed the boat out"... think about it, that might have resulted in us buying Diony for a fee.

If we don't win Saturday, I think I'll start avoiding OTIB. The undermining that is going on here and baseless criticisms - see above - are shocking.

You believe that our "star players" won't be lured or decide to move away if we don't challenge for promotion this season? Only saving grace being recent form will have seen a few of those january valuation become realistic. 

Baseless criticism ? No it's called realism... Based on performances

Of course we will get this chance again, point is when opportunity knocks you got to grab it cos you really don't know when it will come round again... 

The lads can turn it around just saying some need to harden up a little. 

18 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

You believe that our "star players" won't be lured or decide to move away if we don't challenge for promotion this season? Only saving grace being recent form will have seen a few of those january valuation become realistic. 

They absolutely might. The only point is that these prophecies of what will happen and what will be the consequences are conjecture. Suddenly dropping out of the playoffs means (as a theme, not directing to you) we will be on a spiral downwards for the duration of this season and that will continue in to next as we lose our best players and fail to replace them. We had the same when Tammy left of course, and Kodjia (that's right, last 2 Summers we've lost our star player). And we massively improved.

Baseless criticism ? No it's called realism... Based on performances

Baseless criticism of the ilk of criticising one defender against another due to age (accept you subsequently say that was a typo) but that was not the only example. There is plenty of baseless criticism on here in topics and within threads. Another example, look a few topics down, you'll see a topic on was going to Dubai a waste of money. I mean, really?

Of course we will get this chance again, point is when opportunity knocks you got to grab it cos you really don't know when it will come round again... 

Sure, but grabbing it with both hands does not mean opening the chequebook to anyone. The biggest test is looking around at our rivals. Who did they bring in, because those are players who were realistic, realistically attainable and realistically available. I'm glad we didn't spend £6m on Madine, I'm glad we didn't buy Cameron Jerome. Grabban, hmm, but we went for Diony who may or may not end up a flop. That needs more time to judge.

The lads can turn it around just saying some need to harden up a little. 

Totally agree. We really are not a long way away from putting a run together. We faced a resplendent Leeds in the second half. That was unlucky and their crowd played its part. Cardiff and Bolton we were crap, it happens. We drew with Fulham, good result. Sunderland one of those flukes with terrible luck.  

The Leeds crowd should be the example to us all. In the first half they were moaning, bitching, sighing and their team were crap. Second half they realised they were a hindrance and started supporting. Their players really grew with that and were worth their point over the 90. I don't doubt for one minute that all the negative threads on here do translate to a crowd which is more subdued and quicker to acknowledge mistakes. It's only natural - stand in the pub before the match, I reckon you'll here "the forum" at a point in probably 75% of conversations. Whilst the LJ haters start coming out of the cracks and crevices (not calling you one) they really are trying their best to derail what is a fantastic season.

1 hour ago, Singingsuperstar said:

Suppose to say agility

Have you seen Mags tying to turn with the ball..?! 

How many times has he made the same error, trying to shepherd a ball out of play or turn an attacker and losing it?! 

“Age” would have been a better claim than “agility”! 

Oh, and also agility is spelt differently to age and neither come up on predictive spelling, when typing the other. 

Ironic that “agenda” closet in spelling, than “agility”..! 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

How many times has he made the same error, trying to shepherd a ball out of play or turn an attacker and losing it?! 

Oh, and also agility is spelt differently to age and neither come up on predictive spelling, when typing the other. 

I was questioning Mags agility whilst questioning Wright at both CB or RB. 

Others have made mistakes, ie another centre back playing a shocking pass that puts another in a position to earn a red card (questionable) a goalie getting a red when he'd have been better letting the player go... 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

Guess that's closer not closet? 

30 minutes ago, Singingsuperstar said:

My preference would have been to give a few starlets - Vyner, Kelly etc - a chance to use their squad number than going elsewhere to earn experience. 

What logic in bringing in loanees who clearly have appearance clauses

Because those 'starlets' in the opinion of LJ and his backroom staff don't think they're yet ready for the quality of the Championship.

Kent have been loaned to us ahead of plenty of other clubs largely because of the style City try to play. He's gaining valuable experience of Championship football and will go back to Anfield as an improved footballer. The guy next to me reckons that with experience Kent will become the next Steve McManaman. 

Our loaned out players are getting the experience but in lower leagues same as Kent is.

Walsh is another very promising midfielder who like Kent needs games and experience. Both are young lads, both desperate to impress and consequently try to hard and that can lead to errors. 

Im confident they'll both come good but that won't happen if they don't play.

3 hours ago, 29AR said:

Well said - and thanks for saving me the trouble of posting it myself: I thought the same, but quite frankly couldn’t be arsed.

Archived