IGNORED

Bristol City manager Lee Johnson said

Will Rollason

12 minutes ago, CliftonCliff said:

Yes, and yet some people would like him to be managing us. What does that make them, d’you reckon?

Naive.

Why would SL employ a 67yr old to implement his strategy/philosophy?  Add to that the fact that Colin is vastly experienced and will have developed over the years his own style of going about things. I doubt that it would be compatible with SLs vision for our club.

4 hours ago, 29AR said:

Just beat me to it, if you needed convincing there was an agenda behind a criticism.....

This place is getting unbearable. From relegation threatened last year, to League Cup semifinalists this year (beating Man Utd and twice being seconds away from draws v Man City), 7th in the League with 12 games left, record transfer fee smashed, a number of really bright prospects and being near capacity for most match days this season.

And yet still on here it is like suicide hotline. "Oh we won't get this chance again"... really, did you foresee this season at the end of last?; "Our best players will all leave in their droves"... really, like they were predicted to in January?; "We should have pushed the boat out"... think about it, that might have resulted in us buying Diony for a fee.

If we don't win Saturday, I think I'll start avoiding OTIB. The undermining that is going on here and baseless criticisms - see above - are shocking.

If we don't win Saturday you won't be the only one .

12 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

If we don't win Saturday you won't be the only one .

I'll be on here come what may. 

If we don't win and of course the critics are out in force then I see it as my role of pantomime villain to challenge their negativity. 

Hopefully that scenario won't develop but if it does I could use your support Major.

12 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I'll be on here come what may. 

If we don't win and of course the critics are out in force then I see it as my role of pantomime villain to challenge their negativity. 

Hopefully that scenario won't develop but if it does I could use your support Major.

I will be present. I  am a masochist., used to be Church of England .

On 25/02/2018 at 20:46, maxjak said:

Good line...............................He also said that he would not settle for mediocrity....... I Thought some of his post Cardiff insights and comments were interesting, he is obviously frustrated with some injuries affecting the squad, it would also appear that he will not tolerate complacency .  I think that as we will probably just miss out on the play offs ............. that there will be quite a few comings and goings,.  He obviously knows exactly what is required, and will not think twice about getting rid of deadwood, and recruiting what is needed to make us genuine promotion contenders.

On the evidence of the transfers thus far and the matches of the past 2 months I see relatively little evidence of any of these three highlighted remarks.

8 hours ago, havanatopia said:

On the evidence of the transfers thus far and the matches of the past 2 months I see relatively little evidence of any of these three highlighted remarks.

Not often I disagree with you Hav but I think this is unfair. I think we all know the transfer policy and a rough idea of the limits of our spending, I would have thought it was fairly clear that the market we are in we have to buy "mediocrity" with a view of turning it into something better.

We all have made the mistake of prejudging a few of our signings, before they have had the chance to do so.

17 hours ago, havanatopia said:

I of course respect your opinion.................but I Completely disagree

12 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Not often I disagree with you Hav but I think this is unfair. I think we all know the transfer policy and a rough idea of the limits of our spending, I would have thought it was fairly clear that the market we are in we have to buy "mediocrity" with a view of turning it into something better.

We all have made the mistake of prejudging a few of our signings, before they have had the chance to do so.

3 hours ago, maxjak said:

I of course respect your opinion.................but I Completely disagree

Sure guys its all about opinions but you have to at least concede that the results over the past 2 months point to one or more of the highlighted remarks being within the realms of possibility.

Perhaps you can both offer what I am sure are very valid counter arguments meanwhile 

On 28/02/2018 at 12:46, 29AR said:

Just beat me to it, if you needed convincing there was an agenda behind a criticism.....

This place is getting unbearable. From relegation threatened last year, to League Cup semifinalists this year (beating Man Utd and twice being seconds away from draws v Man City), 7th in the League with 12 games left, record transfer fee smashed, a number of really bright prospects and being near capacity for most match days this season.

And yet still on here it is like suicide hotline. "Oh we won't get this chance again"... really, did you foresee this season at the end of last?; "Our best players will all leave in their droves"... really, like they were predicted to in January?; "We should have pushed the boat out"... think about it, that might have resulted in us buying Diony for a fee.

If we don't win Saturday, I think I'll start avoiding OTIB. The undermining that is going on here and baseless criticisms - see above - are shocking.

Absolutely correct. There is so much to be positive about. We have had a wonderful season.

Some of the negative rubbish on here is beyond belief.

I respect people will have differing opinions but please keep it in perspective 

10 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Sure guys its all about opinions but you have to at least concede that the results over the past 2 months point to one or more of the highlighted remarks being within the realms of possibility.

Perhaps you can both offer what I am sure are very valid counter arguments meanwhile 

I thought I did? The process of getting those players above a mediocre level takes time, not 2 months.

7 hours ago, Swede said:

Absolutely correct. There is so much to be positive about. We have had a wonderful season.

Some of the negative rubbish on here is beyond belief.

I respect people will have differing opinions but please keep it in perspective 

This otib remember. 

Perspective is an unfamiliar word to some who post on here.

On 28/02/2018 at 23:08, havanatopia said:

The players LJ has signed weren't all  brought  in to be first team regulars. Obviously some were Diedhiou, Pisaro, Djuric, Walsh and Baker to name just five but three of them have had long term injuries and in that regard LJ has had some bad luck as the players have.

City are going through a slump in recent games just as most clubs do, Cardiff had a slump over the Xmas/New Year period. Leeds had a similar slump and sacked their manager again........:facepalm:

Despite the recent poor results City are still in the mix at the top of the Championship.

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

The players LJ has signed weren't all  brought  in to be first team regulars. Obviously some were Diedhiou, Pisaro, Djuric, Walsh and Baker to name just five but three of them have had long term injuries and in that regard LJ has had some bad luck as the players have.

City are going through a slump in recent games just as most clubs do, Cardiff had a slump over the Xmas/New Year period. Leeds had a similar slump and sacked their manager again........:facepalm:

Despite the recent poor results City are still in the mix at the top of the Championship.

You are right about many clubs having a slump.

What bothers me is the broad acceptance that it "simply happens".  Surely the job of a coach is to identify the reasons and alleviate them before they are entrenched, significantly mitigating the downturn.

I'd be more accepting of a 'fluctuation' in form.  Its the feast or famine that I can't blindly accept.

Archived