IGNORED

Weather (Merged)

BcfcDuncs

23 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

While appreciating the difficulties of fans living well outside the area, from the club's point of view if the pitch is playable, the stadium itself is safe, and the roads and pavements around the stadium are also safe there is no reason to postpone the game.

Exactly,obviously there might be thousands that might not be able to make it but there will be thousands that can

1 hour ago, slartibartfast said:

Odd isn't it, they usually put any obstruction they can in place to make it difficult for fans, now a golden opportunity to wield the axe....................... conspiracy theory no 30  ?

Im assuming sarcasm here...

As someone whos missus works for Avon and Somerset...and worked last night...I know first hand how much strain they are under

They had off duty officers picking up staff in 4x4 vehicles taking them into work

Its ok though....lets play football

6 minutes ago, marmite said:

So its not safe for the Blades to play in Sheffield because of the snow buts its ok for the Owls to travel from Sheffield all the way to Bristol to play despite the snow. This sounds like Gas logic.

Wednesday fans saying things aren't too bad in Sheffield and that Utd got it called off early so they could focus on Tuesday's game.

18 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

My mate has been trying the ticket office to see if there was any chance of changing our Wednesday tickets for Ipswich.  It's closed.  So the weather is good enough to play the match but not good enough to open the ticket office...

Imagine the chaos when stewards and other staff wont attend for their minimum wage jobs tomorroe

5 minutes ago, Andy082005 said:

Im assuming sarcasm here...

As someone whos missus works for Avon and Somerset...and worked last night...I know first hand how much strain they are under

They had off duty officers picking up staff in 4x4 vehicles taking them into work

Its ok though....lets play football

Maybe that’s why it’s game on,if your a copper would you rather police a full Ashton gate with 3k rowdy Wednesday fans in midweek or police tomorrows game where it will be cushty

Why are the club only delaying the inevitable!! More snow forecast for now and later, freezing temps, parking nightmare for those who drive, possibility of no or restricted bus service and so on. A bit unfair on the Sheffield fans who will need to set off before 9 tomorrow morning  

1 minute ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Maybe that’s why it’s game on,if your a copper would you rather police a full Ashton gate with 3k rowdy Wednesday fans in mid wee or police tomorrows game where it will be cushty

I take it that's a typo

2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Maybe that’s why it’s game on,if your a copper would you rather police a full Ashton gate with 3k rowdy Wednesday fans in midweek or police tomorrows game where it will be cushty

Well lets hope when there are plenty of old bill stood around going through the motions with a tiny crowd tomorrow...there isnt someone in desperate need of police assistance somewhere because of the weather

Funnily enough the coldest i have ever been at AG was a game against Sheff Wed in Dec 1990 i think. Bitterly cold wind blowing throug the ground and then it started snowing in the 2nd half.

The game may well be on tomorrow but not sure how the majority will get there. Had around 15cm on the ground in BS15 this morning and its been chucking down continuously since around 1pm. I'd struggle to reach the local shops at this rate, let alone Ashton.

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

Well lets hope when there are plenty of old bill stood around going through the motions with a tiny crowd tomorrow...there isnt someone in desperate need of police assistance somewhere because of the weather

They don't tend to turn up to theft/break-ins and the like around here.  They can always add snow-related stuff I'd imagine.

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

We all know it won’t be on. It’s just a case of when it’s announced. 

I think we can say it probably won't be on if the club had the fans interests at heart. But they're on a bit of a roll with pishing supporters off, so .....

• Admin
36 minutes ago, Lord Northski said:

In the meantime, many fans miss a game. TBH I’d rather we didn’t prove the point and watch the match when we can all make it. 

I do agree, but when did any football club put fans first?

36 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

While appreciating the difficulties of fans living well outside the area, from the club's point of view if the pitch is playable, the stadium itself is safe, and the roads and pavements around the stadium are also safe there is no reason to postpone the game.

And God forbid should  there be a major incident at the game I'm pretty sure both club and fans would expect the already overwhelmed emergency services to respond as normal. So rather like the idiot on Sky News this morning moaning he'd been stuck on the A303 all night and when cut short by the reporter asking why, given his journey was non essential, he'd ignored common sense advice and decided to travel, I think the club's showing an element of irresponsibility in risking the match proceeding? Its also only the immediate hard-standing over which the club has control that's been made safe, as per their advice that nearby roads and streets remain hazardous and thus walking to the ground is recommended.

1 hour ago, Dynamite Red said:

Stupid decision, the game should be off, I won't be risking it. Any roads bar a few main roads and motorway are treacherous. The weather in Bristol seems to be getting worse, public transport where I am has been all but cancelled. @JulieH Surely common sense should prevail. If you have elderly or children going I would seriously reconsider making that journey.

The advice from Avon and Somerset police remains as only essential travel is advised. 

This has not changed all day and is the current advice we are giving to everyone in our force area . I understand from colleagues in Sheffield that advice saying similar is also being given out  by local force there.

36 minutes ago, Loderingo said:

My mate has been trying the ticket office to see if there was any chance of changing our Wednesday tickets for Ipswich.  It's closed.  So the weather is good enough to play the match but not good enough to open the ticket office...

S'nobody answering?

1 minute ago, Andy082005 said:

And its ridiculous it hasnt been announced yet. Sheff Wed will be travelling down now...so will some of their fans

The incompetence of the police astounds me

You are right it is ridiculous, people are being told to avoid travelling unless it is absolutely necessary, but don’t worry the pitch is clear the game is on!

Doesn’t matter that the club will not be able to supply enough food or drink to fans that do make it  due limited supplies!

Also can the club be sure that all of the staff that are needed for safety reasons are able to make it to the ground?? One positive though is that you might not have to show your ticket 16 times to get to your seat as there will not be enough stewards to carry it out!! 

I remember the Boxing Day clash against Watford a few years ago, sitting in the pub lashing it down, games called off left right and centre!!! Noise from the club “games on games on” get into the ground, so see two guys squeeging one corner of the pitch, 15 mins later game is off, but don’t worry about all the people that have gone out to ventured out, it’s only Boxing Day!!

I really hate being negative about the club, especially with all the positives that have gone on this season!

The club have not really had the best of weeks on the PR front, but it really is starting to show we are now just seen as customers than supporters!!

As I see it the club have done what they need to by getting the pitch playable etc. 

It is now down to the police/SAG to cancel the game based on public safety due to surrounding roads. I imagine the police would like to delay making the decision; presumably if they prematurely got the match cancelled and then things miraculously improved they could be liable for the club's costs. If A&S police are as busy as has been suggested, the status of a football match tomorrow is probably also low down their current list of priorities. 

Funny that fans are encouraged to risk getting to the game but in the midst of their largest  fan backlash in years Customer Services has been closed for two days owing, one presumes, to lack of employees turning up for work.

Archived