IGNORED

Difficult place to come !

slartibartfast

NO it's NOT Lee........nobody else has found it difficult since NOVEMBER !  God,I hate that phrase trotted out by managers. I would love someone to say  " ..have you seen their ****** home record, we should have pissed all over them !"

Now, I like LJ   but I do get a bit tired of his     ".....we weren't at our best.................we were a bit this, we were a bit that...."                           Well who's job is it to make sure we ARE at our best and NOT a bit     THIS or THAT  ?

8 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

NO it's NOT Lee........nobody else has found it difficult since NOVEMBER !  God,I hate that phrase trotted out by managers. I would love someone to say  " ..have you seen their ****** home record, we should have pissed all over them !"

Now, I like LJ   but I do get a bit tired of his     ".....we weren't at our best.................we were a bit this, we were a bit that...."                           Well who's job is it to make sure we ARE at our best and NOT a bit     THIS or THAT  ?

Agree with this.

Bansley are not very good, the table does not lie.

Either we ae not very good, or we were not very good today.

7 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

what would you like him to say?

Thats he's working on addressing the loss of form since Christmas.

Seems little point in trotting out crap like Barnsley is difficult place to go and get points.

33 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

It’s football, no divine right to beat anyone ffs . 

Truth is, at this stage of the season- as margin for error decreases and pressure rises- you will expect odd results.

However, I wouldn't apply that to the Burton game- that truly was dreadful and below par, given their home record with zero wins there since September. Barnsley? Maybe. The sort of game we seem to draw so I wasn't too surprised...bookies had it down as a draw to. However, Burton was the one for me.

3 minutes ago, hoxton casual said:

We were not good today. Same team 3/4 months ago would have passed them off the park.

They like many knew how to play us, Rough us up and dont let us settle. They couldnt go mega defensive as they needed points and probably deserved all three more than us.

Perhaps LeeJ being an ex manager who walked out on them is more of a factor than if there was no previous connection, their fans certainly enjoyed taunting him.

39 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

Oddly since November, Norwich, Preston, Reading, Sheff Wed and Wolves all haven't won at Barnsley either. Go figure...we must be really shite ;-)

Off topic a bit but looking at our results against Barnsley over the years, there have certainly been some entertaining encounters. You can usually guarantee at least 4 goals.

2017-18

H 3-1

A 2-2

2016-17

H 3-2

A 2-2

2014-15

A 2-2

H 2-2

2012-13

A 0-1

H 5-3

2011-12

H 2-0

A 2-1

2010-11

H 3-3

A 2-4

2009-10

A 3-2

H 5-3

56 minutes ago, EmersonsKev said:

what would you like him to say?

To be honest with us and quit the bs and something along the lines of as the op said this is a place we should be winning at and he can’t keep saying we were not at our best,explain why we haven’t been at our best for over 2 months,he’s the man in charge and if he doesn’t know by now then that’s a problem in my eyes 

Speaking to Barnsley fans I know, they said that's the best they'd played in months. Now how much if it was down to us being poor and them being good is open to debate, but I guess we need to give credit where it's due. 

For what it's worth, I thought we started slowly, dominated from about 15 to 60 mins and the struggled towards the end of the match. Sloppiness as the game gets old is something that seems to have happened with regularity since Christmas, I think the cup run has taken it out of us. But LJs Pack-for-Djuric swap also played it's part

24 minutes ago, spudski said:

Oddly since November, Norwich, Preston, Reading, Sheff Wed and Wolves all haven't won at Barnsley either. Go figure...we must be really shite ;-)

That’s the attitude that boils my piss,I remember someone on here posting after villa lost at Bolton that it doesn’t make our result there look that bad,it’s mind boggling 

29 minutes ago, Super said:

Not allowed to give opposition any credit on here.

On way back .  Barnsley fought harder , had chances to win and their centre forward won everything in the air .  Needed Flint to counter this . We were poor.  Barnsley were hard working , harder working than us . Having said that 2 top quality goals and Frank kept us in the game so still in there but will have to improve on this . Millwall and Boro games will decide if for BC I think

Nevertheless a good away trip , very friendly  place to go and City has good and loud support despite the below form performance . 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

That’s the attitude that boils my piss,I remember someone on here posting after villa lost at Bolton that it doesn’t make our result there look that bad,it’s mind boggling 

I don't think you should follow football mate...as your piss maybe like lava sooner rather than later. It's not an attitude...it's a fact. Over a season, you get a whole multitude of results that don't add up.

However....we are on a poor run away, compared with our home form.

30 minutes ago, Slippin cider said:

I like LJ but when he goes into ‘manager speak’ and talks utter shite he gets right on my tits ...:grr:

Why do you like him? Serious question. 

His results since 30 December are not good enough. I'm not that interested in what he says. I'm not interested in whether he's a nice person to meet or not. Our results are much more important and in the last three months, just not good enough. 

PS. I appreciate how he is encouraging the Academy but first team results are paramount. 

39 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

and that's another one !

"They've got a lot of young and zippy players, so it was a tough afternoon" I rather liked. Didn't we have a "young group" once? My advice to Lee this summer is: sell our group, and buy Barnsley's young and zippy ones.

Archived