IGNORED

Credit to Brentford

DaveF

1 minute ago, DaveF said:

We were pathetic but they played some lovely stuff.

Thank God they can’t finish or it would have been a cricket score!

Definitely. 

Very very good. Great football.  

Not sure how much us being abysmal aided it mind you but my god we were sh!te!

12 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Class side. Astute manager and a transfer strategy which works well. Battered us at Griffin and battered us again today. 

I agree but they have to give LJ credit. Constantly playing 2 in midfield against teams like Brentford and Preston who play 3 and 3 good ones at that. Bobby isn’t dropping as deep either so can highlight this more. He used to drop deep and link up with our midfield now looks for balls in the channels.

Felt bad for Smith and Walsh. Pinned deep by their possesion but then needed to get forward to link with the strikers. Couldn’t do both so about a 30 yard gap was left when ever the strikers didn’t hold it up which was often as we were under pressure and booting it up the pitch. Was an endless cycle that could have been rectified with a smart substitution(like Pack for Fam). Instead out of form Pato comes on and we drop the wingers(it seemed) and he played as a third striker rarely picking the ball up in a dangerous pocket of space.

LJ for me is showing his ineptitude. Fair play he made a great start but we have been found out and he has no answers to change it. His only subs are to throw extra attackers on and hope for the best. We had a style it was figured out and we never adjusted. He still has the same weaknesses as season’s past. He’s earned another season but have to question whether he can take us to the next level. He is good at many things but his main flaw hasn’t improved. 

Today's shocking performance was a big surprise to me. I certainly didn't see it coming.

Some of the guys around me had been at Burton and reckoned that today was worse!

Be interesting to hear LJs view is on today's diabolical showing.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Today's shocking performance was a big surprise to me. I certainly didn't it coming.

Some of the guys around me had been at Burton and reckoned that today was worse!

Really? Clear as crystal based upon form.

Just now, Red_Wizard said:

Tbh I was expecting a decent performance given the incentive of the pray-offs. 

I wonder what the problem is with Pack?  Has he been ill or maybe carrying an injury. He was sorely missed.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Tbh I was expecting a decent performance given the incentive of the pray-offs. 

I wonder what the problem is with Pack?  Has he been ill or maybe carrying an injury. He was sorely missed.

We never know what goes on off the pitch regarding players, many possible variables. But the current form is all too similar now.

37 minutes ago, DaveF said:

Completely agree. As a team they looked really good. A solid side with bags of pace in different areas and awareness of how to find space and pass to each other. Their finishing was the only thing missing today. A 0-5 loss wouldn't have been unfair.

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Today's shocking performance was a big surprise to me. I certainly didn't see it coming.

No idea why it was a surprise -everyone has been saying for months how bad it's been. You have had your blinkers on. 

3 minutes ago, Alex_BCFC said:

No idea why it was a surprise -everyone has been saying for months how bad it's been. You have had your blinkers on. 

Given the incentive I was expecting a decent performance regardless of recent form. 

Pack missing was huge miss imv.

4 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

I wasn’t expecting too much today in all honesty, but what I witnessed was shocking, the worst performance for a long time. Their keeper didn’t have a save to make all game and their midfielder, Sawyer did exactly what he wanted. He looked like he really enjoyed himself out there today runing around with the ball. I bet he didn’t even have a shower afterwards because he didn’t break into a sweat. 

1 hour ago, DaveF said:

They were a pleasure to watch, they made it look so easy. Mind you, it wasn't difficult playing against aside who struggled to string two passes together.  

Archived