IGNORED

LJ and Bailey Wright

PFree

Just now, RedJim said:

Reckon it will have helped his confidence levels for the next game? The booing was pathetic.

'Man up' - sage like advice. 

Personally don't think he should be anywhere near starting 11, so shouldn't have any effect at all

If anyone is to blame regarding BW form it’s LJ’s to a point, yes be had our fair share of injuries and Bailey covered at RB very well I thought, caught out a few times with pacey wingers but other than that he was solid, then at times was moved over to his preferred CB position then back again, he’s played at LCB  a few times as cover where he is far from comfortable as we all seen on Saturday, play Flint there you’ll get the same result a LCB he is not, as said previously it didn’t help having Joe Bryan next to him who was also poor, he’s not a LB either.

14 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Anyone who doesnt think Wright has had a good season need their heads read. Or just watch closer

In fairness I don't think people were evaluating his whole season, they were merely letting off steam that the Captain, in a crunch game. kept kicking the ball to the opposition or out of play when under virtually no pressure - can we please move on?

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

There is no way that Bailey Wright gives anything less than 100% every game....can’t believe the OP is insinuating otherwise...

That was my issue with people cheering the substitution, its one thing where the players done nothing and put in no effort, but Bailey gives his all and it was just a bad performance, its not his fault we weren't challenging their goal.

2 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Of course, I forgot Bailey Wright’s job was shots on target. He’s a defender for crying out loud. Remind me how many Brentford scored when he was on the pitch?

to be fair with him on the pitch they could have had 4, we were lucky none of them could shoot straight, on the law of averages they were bound to get one in the end, bailey was blameless for that I admit but you cant say it was because he was playing they did not score we were just lucky.

3 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

If you eat out & have a bad meal & poor service do you tell yourself the above 

Do you then stand up from your seat and boo and shout abuse at the waitress or chef..? 

Actually, you probably do..! Forget I asked..! 

• Admin

Just gonna put it out there, Bailey Wright was not the problem on Monday and the ratings based on what he did in the game back that up. In my eyes it was a wasted sub as we needed to bring Pack into midfield more than we needed to change our centre back. IMG_7727.PNG

5 hours ago, Maggersno1Fan said:

People pay there money & invest there valuable free time.

if they wish to express there displeasure at the manager or team or a player it is there Choice.

league position maybe good but the losing run from Christmas has been criminal & the recent games dull.

Think it's time to leave it they're, the fans have made there point, the players and manager have heard it loud and clear, their under no illusions what is expected of them from now on in.. Top six would be a wonderful place to be at the conclusion to the regular season.

I'm sure everyone, management, playing squad and fans alike are all hoping we will be they're or their abouts when the time comes and we'll all believe we're 'in it together' and can Capitalise on that from here on in.  So their! 

C O Y R's  (& stop f'ing about!) 

6 hours ago, BCFC11 said:

Whether he’s been shite for a few games or not, for the postition we are currently in, to treat one of our own the way a few hundred did was nothing short of disgraceful. 

Helps no-one whatsoever.

Fans have the right to boo if there is consistently poor performances by a player or a team; there is no other way to get the message directly to a manager about a certain player. Fans pay big money, players and coaches get paid huge sums; they are entitled to a voice, 100% they are. LJ can shout all he likes but he needs to heed the fans opinion; he ignores it at his peril. 

6 hours ago, santibello said:

I'm sorry, that's rubbish. Before the Barnsley game people were singing Bailey's praise, ans saying flinty would have to earn his place back in the team after two clean sheets after his suspension. When Bailey came off, we still had a clean sheet. 

People are frustrated and they're taking it out on him, simple as. He didn't deserve that reaction.

A few were, most were not. I saw 6 games when I was back and he was poor in all of them bar one and even in that he was the weakest at the back by a country mile. He tries hard but he is woefully short on what we need; that is LJ's fault for sure but you vent that frustration and you get the message across by booing him so that LJ knows; and know he did; how else do the fans tell him we are disappointed with a certain player? Go up to him, en masse, and have a word?! Hmm, that would be interesting.

4 hours ago, Ian M said:

Just gonna put it out there, Bailey Wright was not the problem on Monday and the ratings based on what he did in the game back that up. In my eyes it was a wasted sub as we needed to bring Pack into midfield more than we needed to change our centre back. IMG_7727.PNG

Kind of backs up what I’ve been thinking, that Pisano is getting away Scott free with his performances. He’s been very poor, positionally inept and offers nothing going forward. 

I know he’s had a long time out injured, which is why I’ve not mentioned it but I’m seriously concerned that he’s a liability.  

8 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Kind of backs up what I’ve been thinking, that Pisano is getting away Scott free with his performances. He’s been very poor, positionally inept and offers nothing going forward. 

I know he’s had a long time out injured, which is why I’ve not mentioned it but I’m seriously concerned that he’s a liability.  

It’s funny, Pisano is actually terrible yet everyone loves him. If your face fits.....

Just now, BRISTOL86 said:

It’s funny, Pisano is actually terrible yet everyone loves him. If your face fits.....

I’m glad I’m not the only one..! 

Every time I suggest that he’s not very good, people look at me like I’m mental and it confuses me..!

I’ve genuinely seen nothing whatsoever in any of his performances to make me think he’s even half decent at this level. 

I’d prefer Bailey Wright back in a RB. It baffles me that pretty much every team selection or formation posted on here has Pisano in it and nobody ever mentions the gaping holes left down our right hand side, the lack of any forward play to stretch the opposition & the complete inability to cross a ball, on the odd occasion he does get forward. 

Literally the only thing I notice about Pisano in a positive light is that he’s often near the ball when set pieces come into the box. He never wins any of them, and he’s slow to get back into position though, so it’s not even a good thing! 

5 hours ago, Ian M said:

Look at Bryan & Kent ratings 

then look at poor bailey stuck on the left with them both, same as Maggers has been stitched up with then in front was Walsh

fans & Johnson owe him an apology 

BW definitely gives 100% and doesn't deserve booing. However he hasn't been in form recently - along with most of the team.

My concern is that LJ will now be more determined to pick him to show his support. I would prefer AF and NB but suspect the chance of that has been reduced thanks to what happened on monday.

6 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

He's certainly been that, and I've also been amazed he doesn't get a mention because he was a welcome mat at Barnsley where most of their crosses were coming from our right, and he was no better on Monday. I hate to say it but like a few others, he is more of a social media personality (compared to BW) so he gets away with it.

I can't believe that there's about 2 or 3 threads still going about this Bailey Wright thing on Monday. It was most unfortunate for Bailey (and I certainly didn't join in) but it was also predictable and totally innocuous. When a manager gets his selection badly wrong, the one change that puts it out there for all to see, is hauling off a CB.

People who sat there for an hour quietly seething about the team selection, all felt vindicated when LJ made that change as it was an obvious admission of his mistake. But for some the mindset became "I've wanted to express my frustration and now you've made it okay because you're showing me I was right and you were wrong LJ".

As such I thought it was obvious that it was general release of anger, and that LJ earned Bailey all of that abuse, rather than there being any specific lack of respect for Bailey (although lets not re-write history, he was also pants at Oakwell). Hopefully LJ's comments are sign of a guilty conscience, and will move the story on from BW.

12 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I’m glad I’m not the only one..! 

Every time I suggest that he’s not very good, people look at me like I’m mental and it confuses me..!

I’ve genuinely seen nothing whatsoever in any of his performances to make me think he’s even half decent at this level. 

I’d prefer Bailey Wright back in a RB. It baffles me that pretty much every team selection or formation posted on here has Pisano in it and nobody ever mentions the gaping holes left down our right hand side, the lack of any forward play to stretch the opposition & the complete inability to cross a ball, on the odd occasion he does get forward. 

Literally the only thing I notice about Pisano in a positive light is that he’s often near the ball when set pieces come into the box. He never wins any of them, and he’s slow to get back into position though, so it’s not even a good thing! 

He does ping a good box into the ball every now and again but he’s an absolutely woeful defender! But because it’s Pisano no one cares. 

I’ll be the first to admit there’s nothing amazing about BW’s ability, but he will give 100% week in week our, often in the wrong position, and I thought our reaction to his substitution completely lacked class. 

40 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

Get your ' boos ' ready for our next scapegoat.

:disapointed2se:

The defence need to play as a tight unit and if the player or his teammates are hesitant regarding their position or that of their colleagues that's all it takes for an attacker to get in to them and fire off a shot .

BW has been played out of position at right back for a big chunk of the season. Then he was played at right side centre back and finally on the left side on Monday.

It's not surprising that he's struggled a bit .

He was no Bobby Moore to start with. 

He is an attritional type of player who must be horrible to play against, exactly what we need in the team of nice lads .

There is only one person responsible for our bad form. 

10 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

He does ping a good box into the ball every now and again but he’s an absolutely woeful defender! But because it’s Pisano no one cares. 

I’ll be the first to admit there’s nothing amazing about BW’s ability, but he will give 100% week in week our, often in the wrong position, and I thought our reaction to his substitution completely lacked class. 

Apart from the odd good ball, I’d agree..! Certainly no assists, so far. 

Of the 9 league games he’s played a full 90 mins, we have only won 2. One being the laboured home win against Ipswich.

Those games he’s played in have mainly been those where we’ve lacked creativity, apart from Barnsley at home, and include frustratingly woeful performances such as Millwall, Brentford home & away, second half away V Brum, Burton away, Barnsley away & That Ipswich home game was pretty dire. 

Not his fault alone, of course, but a definite pattern, one might say. 

4 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

The defence need to play as a tight unit and if the player or his teammates are hesitant regarding their position or that of their colleagues that's all it takes for an attacker to get in to them and fire off a shot .

BW has been played out of position at right back for a big chunk of the season. Then he was played at right side centre back and finally on the left side on Monday.

He is an attritional type of player who must be horrible to play against, exactly what we need in the team of nice lads .

Apart from Ian Baird, I can’t remember ever booing a City player, so I’m not sure what you are talking about. 

Your observations on BW are correct and I think we were a better unit with him at RB than with Pisano, who can’t be relied on and consistently leaves us stretched. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

No one came out with any great credit on Monday but I have been surprised that no one mentioned Pisano

Thought he’s been ‘ok’ ish since he came back but Monday like most he was awful - I lost count the number of  times he was skinned , particularly when he jumped in , (He couldn’t cope with Watkins on several occasions) and his positioning and reckless charging forward , often at wrong time , caused us real problems

I like him , like his attitude and I do disagree in so much that IMHO he gives us some thrust going forward , but IMHO he’s better coming forward than he is a typical Italian defender and I’ve not quite caught some of the gushing hype for him that some have expressed 

One of those that will look really decent when we are playing well but when we are off as a side some real issues exposed

I haven’t read all the comments on this thread but I would say that the reaction to Wright on Monday was extremely poor, and completely counter productive. 

Yes he didn’t play well, and yes his selection was questionable. But, as he always does, he put in 100% and certainly didn’t deserve the reaction he got. If a player struts around clearly not looking bothered (a la Ryan Kent) I can understand it when people react negatively to them. I don’t agree with it personally as it helps no one, but I do get it. For a committed trier like Wright, I just don’t get understand at all. 

Perhaps @Olé is correct in his post above. Wright seemed to be the lightening rod for some in the crowd for Johnson’s poor selection, and maybe the reaction was to that and not the player himself. Still doesn’t excuse it though. 

10 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Reference your last sentence Major. Who would that be then ? Come on Major, don't be shy. Which of our 20,000 fans is responsible for our bad form? Or is it a player?

I can't believe that you are insinuating that it's our lovable, cuddly Head Coach.

Archived