IGNORED

Forgive me if I'm wrong

Alan Dicks

2 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

At times like this I struggle to name a single good player. 

Having thought about it, I can name 3;

Bobby, Korey, Frankie. 

For a sensible chap I'm shocked u can call Frankie a good player.

He's a bang bang average championship goalkeeper...who should be replaced asap.

By the way I don't doubt his commitment or professionalism as that's not in doubt.

3 minutes ago, Spoons said:

By the way I don't doubt his commitment or professionalism as that's not in doubt.

And unless I'm imagining it, it looks like he's been eating a few more pies lately too.

It's funny how we all see things differently when it comes to football isn't it......somebody is only just saying on another thread that they're all good players otherwise there's no explanation for why we were riding high at the start of the campaign (  as always I suspect the truth lies somewhere in the middle eh ?  ).....but I take your original point.

1 hour ago, Spoons said:

I think he’s been our most consistent player all season. Even when we’ve been shit post December, FF has been class. 

37 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

I think he’s been our most consistent player all season. Even when we’ve been shit post December, FF has been class. 

Kicking awful ( don't know what he does all week in training) that's consistent for the wrong reasons.

Doesn't command box or come out to take crosses. 

His shot stoping is good but his positional play is shocking ( Brentford near post).

5 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

But are the best 6 players at City all Steve Cotterills?

Yep. Smith. Pack. Reid. Bryan. Flint. Fielding. The core of the team. 

Brownhill Diedhiou Patterson Baker (kind of) Pisano  Odowda Djuric All LJ. 

We reverted to long hoof ball ala GJ after he signed Adebola. 

Sigh. The top six could all be gone by August plus Brownhill and then LJ will have his wish! His team. 

2 hours ago, Spoons said:

Frank has kept that shower in more games than I can remember since Christmas and I’ve seen every game home and away!

1 hour ago, REDOXO said:

Sigh. The top six could all be gone by August plus Brownhill and then LJ will have his wish! His team. 

But Bobby and Joe came through the academy, so not signed by Steve. Our best form this season has been when Patt's has been on song. Makes the team tick!! 

3 hours ago, REDOXO said:

As others have pointed out... Flint was an O'Driscoll signing so half of your 6 is incorrect.

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Frank has kept that shower in more games than I can remember since Christmas and I’ve seen every game home and away!

His constant awful kicking just invites pressure on to us or gives them the ball.

He causes chaos in his own box as has no command of it.

His positional play is shocking only covered by the fact he's a good shot stopper.

He's lost us s lot of points this season.

Wolves at home being a crucial one where if we win that game things might have been a bit different. Unfortunately Frankie decided otherwise.

Brentford at home got beat on his near post. More shocking positional play.

That's two of the top of my head. I've seen all home games and only 4 away games so far but hope that qualifies me for a opinion?

9 hours ago, havanatopia said:

As others have pointed out... Flint was an O'Driscoll signing so half of your 6 is incorrect.

If we're going to give LJ the credit for revitalising Bobby - rightly so - then credit must go to Cotts. for the highly consistent performer Flint became.

Flint joined the club under SO'D but SO'D, displaying his dreadful man management in full, then went on to say he wouldn't have paid so much for him. Long term confidence crusher for almost any other player you'd think.

The point of this thread though is surely to highlight how few LJ signings have become mainstays and how many of Cott's squad, whether inherited, signed or nurtured by the 'winner' are still regular first choices, and how few significant inroads LJ's 30+ signings have made in to the first team.

11 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Yes and has been pointed out He was the main stay of our promotion team scoring 16 goals. The original point was they were all players that were here under SC and Still the core of the team and the players worth the big money

8 hours ago, Spoons said:

His constant awful kicking just invites pressure on to us or gives them the ball.

His positional play is shocking only covered by the fact he's a good shot stopper.

Wolves at home being a crucial one where if we win that game things might have been a bit different. Unfortunately Frankie decided otherwise.

That's two of the top of my head. I've seen all home games and only 4 away games so far but hope that qualifies me for a opinion?

I have previously been a defender of Fielding as his shot stopping is as good as it gets in the Championship. However, recently I am starting to notice the detrimental impact he has on the team, making it nearly impossible to play out from the back which is what we appear to try and do on most occasions. 

I'd definitely keep him as back up but we really do need someone in goal who is commanding and play with his feet.

4 minutes ago, joeyb said:

I have previously been a defender of Fielding as his shot stopping is as good as it gets in the Championship. However, recently I am starting to notice the detrimental impact he has on the team, making it nearly impossible to play out from the back which is what we appear to try and do on most occasions. 

I'd definitely keep him as back up but we really do need someone in goal who is commanding and play with his feet.

A keeper who is commanding, good with his feet & as good a shot stopper as Fielding. Do you believe this player joins us? And even if he does, how much do you believe he will cost?

Fielding isn’t perfect, but improving on him will be a tough & expensive task. 

10 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As were Pack and Fielding. Which leaves Korey.

You are right thanks. So Red Oxo got 1 out of 6.. Very very poor score.

Fielding and Pack were signed in 2013 before Cotts arrived as of course was Flint. So while many slate SOD he did leave behind an excellent core back bone which has benefitted firstly Cotterill and now Johnson.

22 hours ago, Alan Dicks said:

But are the best 6 players at City all Steve Cotterills?

Yes they were all here under Steve Cotterill. The Core of the team as below

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

17 hours ago, REDOXO said:

He has

4 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

If we're going to give LJ the credit for revitalising Bobby - rightly so - then credit must go to Cotts. for the highly consistent performer Flint became.

Flint joined the club under SO'D but SO'D, displaying his dreadful man management in full, then went on to say he wouldn't have paid so much for him. Long term confidence crusher for almost any other player you'd think.

The point of this thread though is surely to highlight how few LJ signings have become mainstays and how many of Cott's squad, whether inherited, signed or nurtured by the 'winner' are still regular first choices, and how few significant inroads LJ's 30+ signings have made in to the first team.

EXACTLY!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Yes and has been pointed out He was the main stay of our promotion team scoring 16 goals. The original point was they were all players that were here under SC and Still the core of the team and the players worth the big money

18 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

You are right thanks. So Red Oxo got 1 out of 6.. Very very poor score.

Fielding and Pack were signed in 2013 before Cotts arrived as of course was Flint. So while many slate SOD he did leave behind an excellent core back bone which has benefitted firstly Cotterill and now Johnson.

Really! Please read as above. The Point is as @Nogbad the Bad states is the LJ mainstays.

Fielding Pack Reid Flint were all constantly slated on here pre SC. Smith has his ups and downs. But credit goes to LJ for Reid as a striker without a doubt.

Whats happening in Manilla today?

9 hours ago, Spoons said:

Sure it qualifies as your opinion and I have no problem with you having it after all this is a forum, so not quite sure why you said that as I only stated the above as mine and judging by the likes it's not just mine.

Perhaps we can take my short post on FF as a straw pole of what people feel about Frank this season. Likes for decent, rubbish's for dreadful!

Archived