IGNORED

Sunderland sack Coleman

MC RISK77

I think this sums up Sunderland. It’s a shambles of a club where the people in charge don’t realise how bad the problem is. It needs a manager to be given time to get rid of the dead wood and sort out the mess. Simon Grayson and Chris Coleman didn’t have a chance 

1 minute ago, Enter Sandman said:

True. Saunders, whilst a crap manager, is however a very interesting and funny character. So I do quite like him. Coleman though, is just an arrogant ***** 

I have no respect for Saunders after telling a very disrespectful story on Brian Clough. He's one of the worst managers we've seen, so it gives him no right to be a pundit. Proper bell

How is it a strange decision for him to take the job? :-

1. Who knows what settlement was negotiated by Sunderland, on his behalf, leaving the Wales job?

2. Who knows what salary he was offered by Sunderland?

3. Who knows what settlement was offered when they sack him?

All three may have amounted to mouth watering sums that he could not ignore for him or his family and nobody can blame him.

And all of the above must have been significant because he knew he was on a hiding to hell and he also knew his reputation would be somewhat damaged, but not much, if he relegated Sunderland; after all, it was already a sinking ship. Had they stayed up he would have been a hero but his reputation hardly has a scar on it from their relegation.

How anybody can come out and say, words to the effect, 'he was a fool to go there' suggests they knew exactly what his deal was and if not, they are the ones looking a little foolish here I would contend. Let me be clear, I am not saying anyone is foolish merely suggesting they might be if they do not know the facts. So please lets hear them.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

Absolute shite manager who depended on Bale to get them where they were in the Euros. It was highly likely Sunderland would go down anyway. But with him it in charge it was guaranteed.

No club should go near him if they had any sense.

I love this!  A manager who got one of the smallest countries in Europe to the semi-final of the Euros is ‘absolute shite’.  That Alf Ramsey, he was rubbish too.  If Geoff Hurst hadn’t scored a hat-trick in the World Cup Final, Germany would have won, you know.  Same for Ferguson, all those titles he won, he’d never have done it if he hadn’t had good players.

There’s a serious point here.  When a team is doing well, all the credit seems to go to the players.  When they’re doing badly, it’s the manager’s fault.

Actually what Coleman did for Wales was astonishing.  Picking up a squad that was absolutely devastated by the suicide of Gary Speed and converting them into such a highly-ranked side is one of the great feats of modern football management.  Taking very average players like Robson-Kanu, Vokes and Hennessy as far as they did almost defies belief.  Wales only had two top-quality players, Bale and Ramsey, yet they nearly got to a tournament final..  But to you he’s an ‘absolute shite manager’.  I despair, I really do.

36 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I love this!  A manager who got one of the smallest countries in Europe to the semi-final of the Euros is ‘absolute shite’.  That Alf Ramsey, he was rubbish too.  If Geoff Hurst hadn’t scored a hat-trick in the World Cup Final, Germany would have won, you know.  Same for Ferguson, all those titles he won, he’d never have done it if he hadn’t had good players.

There’s a serious point here.  When a team is doing well, all the credit seems to go to the players.  When they’re doing badly, it’s the manager’s fault.

Actually what Coleman did for Wales was astonishing.  Picking up a squad that was absolutely devastated by the suicide of Gary Speed and converting them into such a highly-ranked side is one of the great feats of modern football management.  Taking very average players like Robson-Kanu, Vokes and Hennessy as far as they did almost defies belief.  Wales only had two top-quality players, Bale and Ramsey, yet they nearly got to a tournament final..  But to you he’s an ‘absolute shite manager’.  I despair, I really do.

He relied on Bale. Just like all the Portuguese coaches rely on Ronaldo . Look at his club record. Case closed.

1 hour ago, Red_Wizard said:

I have no respect for Saunders after telling a very disrespectful story on Brian Clough. He's one of the worst managers we've seen, so it gives him no right to be a pundit. Proper bell

Absolutely,  a total fabrication of a story  too, what a see you next tuesday saunders really is.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2016/sep/07/brian-clough-dean-saunders-nottingham-forest

57 minutes ago, Red_Wizard said:

He relied on Bale. Just like all the Portuguese coaches rely on Ronaldo . Look at his club record. Case closed.

Coleman took Fulham to a 9th place finish in the premier league when they were favourites for relegation - no manager who does that is ‘shite’...case not closed...

9 minutes ago, E.G.Red said:

Don't think Coleman really understood all the baggage  that came with the Sunderland job. Could see him at Cardiff if &  when  Neil Warnock leaves

I don`t think he will go to either of the `big two` (in South Wales terms). He`s a hero to the country (or whatever it is) and if he went to either of them he would go from that to being hated by 50% of it overnight.

3 hours ago, Red_Wizard said:

Plus the shocking tackle that ended Paul Elliot’s career.

Archived