IGNORED

Moyes gone as well

Super

1 minute ago, AberRed said:

I actually feel this one is slightly harsh. What were West Ham honestly expecting?

I think Moyes chose to leave himself as his contract only ran until the end of the season. He had done his job and kept them up, then presumably decided he could do a little bit better than the basket case that West Ham currently are. His stock must have risen a little bit following the previous disasters he has had in management, so he took his chance and left. Can't say I blame him

5 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I think Moyes chose to leave himself as his contract only ran until the end of the season. He had done his job and kept them up, then presumably decided he could do a little bit better than the basket case that West Ham currently are. His stock must have risen a little bit following the previous disasters he has had in management, so he took his chance and left. Can't say I blame him

Keeping that Westham squad up was a miracle , I can see why he left

4 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

This is how I’m reading it. I think they wanted him to stay but he has rightly bailed out. West Ham are a very messed up club and the fan protests won’t go away. I recently went on a stadium tour there and there are loads of seats netted off due to their licence being changed after crowd trouble at the beginning of the season, they were hoping restrictions will be lifted as they need to sell every seat. This was surprising as they got the ground cheap, got low priced season tickets but their overheads must be massive, or someone is taking out more than is going in somewhere.

12 minutes ago, AberRed said:

I actually feel this one is slightly harsh. What were West Ham honestly expecting?

The Hammers fan on Talk Sport are saying they want top 8 in the PL but most blame the board because of unfulfilled promises.

5 minutes ago, RedM said:

This is how I’m reading it. I think they wanted him to stay but he has rightly bailed out. West Ham are a very messed up club and the fan protests won’t go away. I recently went on a stadium tour there and there are loads of seats netted off due to their licence being changed after crowd trouble at the beginning of the season, they were hoping restrictions will be lifted as they need to sell every seat. This was surprising as they got the ground cheap, got low priced season tickets but their overheads must be massive, or someone is taking out more than is going in somewhere.

Watching how they are doing makes me extremely grateful of the butterfly effect. Dad's side of the family are from East London and his dad was a huge West Ham fan. Had my dad actually liked football and continued this affliction it would probably have been drilled into the heads of my brother and I too! Upton Park was their identity, and that left in the least dignified of ways- being blown up as part of a Hollywood film...

I think part of the problem there is they now have the money for a £25m+ striker say (pre Neymar, now it'd probably be higher)- but none of the next level type they needed/wanted would sign thusfar.  Good mates with a West Ham fan and he is/was dead against the move from Upton Park- that caused a lot of ill feeling for a start- compounded by the early issues of stewarding at their new ground- that's well documented but it all feeds in.

Then, back to on the pitch off the back of 7th place and frankly a very good season it was for them, and with all the extra revenue streams, plus the TV money- there was a feeling they should push on in 16/17. Sturridge, Lacazette- or Benteke, or Batshuayi- one or 2 of those even were eyed up, as a way to take them to the next level. However despite the money, unable to get any of them it seemed! £43m for Lacazette they offered in summer 2016! Eventually got Ayew and Ashley Fletcher as their options to bolster the attack, which pricked the momentum and feel-good. Throw in the aforementioned London Stadium issues and you have a downward spiral kicking in...

As for Moyes? He got some good results there and did well to keep them up, but unsure he would have kicked on as needed- his time at Sociedad similar in some respects. Kept them up after a poor start, got some good results. Summer 2015 he got a budget- the biggest in their history and...big relegation scrap by November and sacked.

34 minutes ago, Newquay-Red said:

I left myself once . 

The sixties eeeh ? 

:flowers:

7 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Is he coming in as Director of Football?

With respect to us as a club, we could barely pay his gas bill let alone the salary he would command. 

Especially after throwing cash down the toilet on Diony. 

8 hours ago, The Bard said:

2 clubs run by delusional idiots and with delusional fans.  Allardyce finished 8th.  He took over a cluster****. That bloke Silva has done nothing really.  Not completed a season here.

Good point mate . Everton 8th about their level and Silva as you say , unproven . Managerial merry go round is a joke . Would have either SA or DM are Ashton  Gate any time 

Archived