IGNORED

The New Spoons attacks Frank Fielding Thread

REDOXO

As it seems the original debate/thread regarding Spoons constant attacks on Frank Fielding, this time based upon the mistakes a goalkeeper made for Liverpool, has been deleted, I decided to post another just to see how long it would last. 

Is @spoons right to attack Frank for ridiculously poor goalkeeping from a goal keeper of another club?

5 hours ago, REDOXO said:

Is @spoons right to attack Frank for ridiculously poor goalkeeping 

FF  a decent enough shot stopper and made some terrific saves over a long season and kept us in several games. His obvious weakness is his diabolical kicking.

He reminds me of Flapper Phillips in many ways.

Klopp will of course back up his keeper in public but he will know that the fans will be waiting for the next mistake. 

His mistakes were seen by millions but there is a similarity with FF in the last few games especially. LJ will do the same as Klopp but I would think that both are looking at who is available to improve the keeping options. 

frankies kicking might be diabolical ,thing is,there are four outfield players stood in front of him,maybe they should step back and help the bloke out instead of going awol.cant fault the bloke on his reflexes and   shot stopping ability so I'm happy to stick with him as no1 in goal 

1 hour ago, redsquirrel said:

frankies kicking might be diabolical ,thing is,there are four outfield players stood in front of him,maybe they should step back and help the bloke out instead of going awol.cant fault the bloke on his reflexes and   shot stopping ability so I'm happy to stick with him as no1 in goal 

I get the tactical debate about Kicking to the wings....but if your keeper cannot follow your instructions:

1. drop him or
  2. change the tactic

Two seasons we’ve seen FF’s inability to be consistent from goal-kicks.  It’s his fault he can’t do and LJ’s for persisting with either the player or the tactic.

If FF just kicked the effin’ thing down the middle to Diedhiou / Djúric, would peoples view change?

I’ve always been of the opinion that if you can bring in an upgrade at a sensible price....do it.

1 minute ago, hodge said:

'The New Spoons'

Potential as a band name there

Would they be a tribute act? They`ll never be as good as the original Spoons. Dave Gilmour once said he`d never have formed Pink Floyd if it wasn`t for their influence and Rick Wakeman is a huge fan.

Never really got the credit they deserved IMO. Their concept album `Alone In The Cutlery Drawer` deserved a much wider audience.

On 27/05/2018 at 08:57, Red Army 75 said:

I see spoons is in the transfer window section as well. 

If only we could transfer members of this forum. Thete would be a number of names who wouldn't be on my retained list!

Archived