Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

Jack Marriott signs for Derby (Merged)


Recommended Posts

25 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

To be honest, @Henry is just repeating whats been posted on a few Facebook groups and from the outside it looks pretty realistic.

However I doubt the club would put a twitter post about a signing on twitter for a minute then take it down... 

I didn’t get a notification so guess it’s a clever fake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2018 at 18:45, JBFC II said:

To be honest, @Henry is just repeating whats been posted on a few Facebook groups and from the outside it looks pretty realistic.

However I doubt the club would put a twitter post about a signing on twitter for a minute then take it down... 

If you look at the URL structure its of the old site from over two years ago that went along the lines of http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/articles/bobbyreidsignsforwba/ whereas now its http://www.bcfc.co.uk/news/bobbyreidsignsforwba/ 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Bryans Left Peg said:

So is this dead then? 12 pages and all of a sudden the speculation has stopped and nobody is mentioning him anymore. What have I missed?

 

Really wanted this one to happen. 

Perhaps we got cheesed off with Posh playing their usual games via the media and Twitter?

Or we aren't keen to pay the £6.5m they allegedly want?

Or we are keeping things quiet as we usually do?

It may not be a dead deal, though I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, other than on loan perhaps.

I imagine there will be news either way when pre-season training starts next week. :fingerscrossed:

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
55 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Perhaps we got cheesed off with Posh playing their usual games via the media and Twitter?

Hope so

Or we aren't keen to pay the £6.5m they allegedly want?

I think that’s too steep, so he goes back in the funnel imho

Or we are keeping things quiet as we usually do?

Probably.  It’s likely we inquired, and that triggered Fry to start banding around fees and other clubs.

It may not be a dead deal, though I'm not convinced we will sign a striker, other than on loan perhaps.

I’m beginning to think this too, especially with us now appealing Fammy’s ban.  I wonder whether we’ve sought legal advice and that has come back that it’s got no evidence.

I imagine there will be news either way when pre-season training starts next week. :fingerscrossed:

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2018 at 19:33, Dastardly and Muttley said:

He’s on holiday, hasn’t returned yet so nothing’s been announced?

Sounded like us, Brum or Forest before his holiday, Forest’s bankrolling may help us as he’s not Portuguese!

Still think there’s life in this one.  

Thought I would rekindle this one as Forest seem to be after Bamford and Grabban, Leeds are after Vydra, Derby allegedly after Bobby and Brum are supposedly skint.

Maybe, just maybe, the field is clearing a bit?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

 

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BOSRed said:

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

 

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

already discussed on my Forest bankrolled thread, look it up I asked the same question some good replies. (page 3 football chat).

Edited by pillred
add words
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

 

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

Not sure what makes you think we are happy with bottom half. Johnson says we are close to signing 3 or 4. No guarantees we are selling anyone yet too. Flint could well stay. Teams night not meet our valuation of joe and bobby  And we have beaten other teams to targets before. Diedhiou being one example as Fulham and apparently others were interested. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, BOSRed said:

Derby in for Marriott now, forest still favourites. All moves hinder on one making first move then the rest will follow. Or nothing will happen at all.... Can't see us getting Marriott as we are never favoured choice for popular higher profile targets.

i really am concerned by the state we could be left in come the end of the window. Bryan, Reid and flint gone, and I can't imagine we would replace with anyone that is equal or better.

that would suggest we are looking at bottom half of table this coming season as a reasonable finish. A large amount of our goals will be gone by Reid and flint leaving and defensive solidity will be even less so without flint and Bryan.

there has been no noise of any real quality targets lined up, although I appreciate keeping things quiet is important. If Watkins as a squad signing is a sign of things to come, I'm a little concerned.

 

should we not be out there putting our eggs in baskets showing people our intentions to compete al la forest? And speaking of forest, how have they suddenly become the leagues galacticos spending vast wealth of money? Do they not abide by ffp rules like the rest? I'm sure last time I looked they don't get parachute payments...

None of us have the first clue what is going on behind the scenes. Basing your opinion of our transfer policy on gossip is akin to believing the HG Wells version of the moon landings over the real thing.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...