IGNORED

Croatia v. England - Official Matchday Thread

CyderInACan

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Here's a quandary for you (I like these): -

Someone offers you England winning the World Cup on Sunday, but City to be relegated this season coming.

Who would take the deal?

Can I ponder on the deal for a few days (let'a say until just after England win the World Cup on Sunday) and then say "no deal"?

1 minute ago, JamesBCFC said:

Can I ponder on the deal for a few days (let'a say until just after England win the World Cup on Sunday) and then say "no deal"?

Come on James get off that fence!

I'd take the deal.  Promotions and relegations come and go, we've seen them before and we'll see them again - but England winning the World Cup is easily something you could live your whole life without seeing.

7 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Someone offers you England winning the World Cup on Sunday, but City to be relegated this season coming.

Who would take the deal?

It’s bad enough being 2-0 down against Newport. From some reactions on twitter. Pathetic. Imagine if city get relegated. Not for me 

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

I was more nervous waiting to play Sweden, probably as they had a decent record against us.

Not sure if that a good thing or not..............:dunno:

Agreed, felt the same about the Columbia game as knew they'd get so much stick if they had lost and was desperate to see them progress. Sweden never seemed in doubt.

I'm excited about this game however not nervous as I think what they have already done for international football in this country has been amazing.

Setting us up nicely for Euro 2020 which is pretty much a home competition..  

Mind you how awesome is Sunday beers in the sun, World Cup Final against the French !!!! okay...... now i'm nervous - COME ON !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Come on James get off that fence!

I'd take the deal.  Promotions and relegations come and go, we've seen them before and we'll see them again - but England winning the World Cup is easily something you could live your whole life without seeing.

Was just trying to get the best of both.

This is already the best England have done in my lifetime, and I'm still finding it hard to fathom we're in the semi final (not too dissimilar to the League Cup with City last season!)

I also think City aren't a million miles away from what's needed to go up, so a relegation would be a massive setback.

Sorry CR, I brought a cushion and some food, now I'm comfortable on the fence.

Well, the day is finally here. By far the biggest day for international football in my adult lifetime (and a long period of my childhood lifetime too!) 

Certainly no stretch to call this the most important game for me as an England fan in my life. 

One win away from the World Cup final. Even just typing it seems incredible. 

On to the game....I genuinely think we have all the tools to hurt Croatia. They’ve laboured in recent games and we’ve grown in confidence and conviction. It will be a tough game and of course anything can happen. 

Some will disagree but I’d much rather lose the final than to exit now, no matter how painful a final loss would be. It’s no exaggeration to say that we genuinely may not see England in a World Cup final for the rest of my life if not now. 

I love the romantic notion that we could win the World Cup in the year we were so desperate to host it. 

Sick with nerves but revelling in the fact that this England team, no matter what happens from this point on, has brought people together and got the entire country back in love with international football.

COME ON ENGLAND!

41 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

I'm more nervous about this semi than when I watched Debbie Does Dallas for the first time......

A semi now and another back then eh CCE? :)

5 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

Well, the day is finally here. By far the biggest day for international football in my adult lifetime (and a long period of my childhood lifetime too!) 

Certainly no stretch to call this the most important game for me as an England fan in my life. 

One win away from the World Cup final. Even just typing it seems incredible. 

On to the game....I genuinely think we have all the tools to hurt Croatia. They’ve laboured in recent games and we’ve grown in confidence and conviction. It will be a tough game and of course anything can happen. 

Some will disagree but I’d much rather lose the final than to exit now, no matter how painful a final loss would be. It’s no exaggeration to say that we genuinely may not see England in a World Cup final for the rest of my life if not now. 

I love the romantic notion that we could win the World Cup in the year we were so desperate to host it. 

Sick with nerves but revelling in the fact that this England team, no matter what happens from this point on, has brought people together and got the entire country back in love with international football.

COME ON ENGLAND!

I've actually got nerves about an England game, that doesn't normally happen to me, ever.

3 hours ago, Gazred said:

Now imagine Theresa May in the same sort of picture :fear:

She'd have no problems getting her cabinet fully behind her!

58 minutes ago, Kingswoodactor said:

You do realise Belgium play the losers of tonight on Sat? Lukaku could still yet bag a couple...

I've got carried away again. :facepalm:

To be quite frank, my head is all over the place and i've got a knot the size of a football in my gut.

2nd World Cup semi final for me but i am far more nervous this time round, i guess years of disappointment and bad luck at International tournaments  does that.

Croatia are a very good team but i think we will just have enough to edge it tonight, i actually put a few quid on Croatia at the start of the World Cup as an outside bet so i am not surprised they got this far.

Got to say i am really impressed with Southgate, he's found a formation that suits us and the players look like they are enjoying their football and the World Cup as a whole. I think the harmony and feeling around this team, the fans and the press is all down to him and i think the players believe they can win the World Cup.

Cover yourselves in glory lads and bring football home

:englandflag:

3 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Who would take the deal?

No. Rather England get dicked and City comfortably avoid League One.

4 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Who would take the deal?

Would take England to win, only because seen City so often in Lge 1 it will be like visiting an old relative in hospital.................again, but there again, I saw England win in 1966. CR you are a bl**dy tease :laughcont:

Archived