IGNORED

Purely hypothetical question - Joe Hart

Eastside Moonwalker

Was thinking this one through earlier whilst reading an article on the BBC site and taking into consideration the rejected bid for the US GK. 

If Manchester City were to pay 80% of the wages would you be happy to take Joe Hart as goalkeeper, or has he regressed that much that people would be against it?

I know this will never happen, but it`s obvious he's no longer a top 10 premier league goalkeeper - it'll be interesting to see where he ends up 

6 minutes ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Remember the David James fiasco all too well . No thanks.

Would you say they're both at the same level now retrospectively? Hart is 31 and David James was 40 when he signed and then proceeded to play for Bournemouth, some icelandic team and then some Indian team, would think Hart has another 3-6 years before he decides to take that route

• Admin

He'll continue to make the same mistakes no matter who he plays for - a no from me!

9 minutes ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Would you say they're both at the same level now retrospectively? Hart is 31 and David James was 40 when he signed and then proceeded to play for Bournemouth, some icelandic team and then some Indian team, would think Hart has another 3-6 years before he decides to take that route

On the basis that they are both prone to stupid errors I would say the comparisson is spot on

Amazed that everyone would be against this..! 

We need a keeper and people honestly think we are going to get onevthats better than Joe Hart..?! 

It is, of course, totally hypothetical and would never happen. The reason being that he’ll be moving to a club far bigger than us, because he’s far better than our level, despite having had a bad season or 2. 

Jesus, I know it's Friday, but if there are some of you that wouldn't take Joe Hart at Bristol City on a cut-price deal then you've clearly already started drinking.

He's well above Championship level, but his confidence is shot. For that reason alone I don't think he'd want to spend time in the Championship, unless it was for a club that is pushing for promotion.

Besides, he's apparently had offers from abroad anyway, so if he were stupid enough to choose Bristol City over a stint in a top-flight league in a major European country then I'd question his sanity above whether he can be a keeper for us.

Fans moan that we should be signing  experienced, big name and marquee signings, until it becomes a possibility and then they are the wrong type of  experienced, big name and marquee signing.

6 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

Was thinking this one through earlier whilst reading an article on the BBC site and taking into consideration the rejected bid for the US GK. 

If Manchester City were to pay 80% of the wages would you be happy to take Joe Hart as goalkeeper, or has he regressed that much that people would be against it?

I know this will never happen, but it`s obvious he's no longer a top 10 premier league goalkeeper - it'll be interesting to see where he ends up 

Given he is apparently on £160k a week even 20% would be a non- starter.

20 hours ago, Eastside Moonwalker said:

I wouldnt be happy at all. He is on the slide and doesnt inspire confidence for those in froont of him.

16 minutes ago, RedDave said:

This forum is insane sometimes!  Anyone who would turn down Joe Hart for Bristol City is mentally insane.

Like David James only he went to the world cup.

Insane to want players who only have a name to offer - unless you saw something last season or when he was at Torino everyone else seems to have missed.

1 hour ago, RedDave said:

This forum is insane sometimes!  Anyone who would turn down Joe Hart for Bristol City is mentally insane.

I think you would be insane to want him. We have replaced flint with Webster with a clear effort to play it out from the back more, so why would we then go for a keeper that can’t kick?

also I’m not sure that he can shot stop anymore as his footwork/agility really seems to have gone. 

Please tell me what he would bring other than a big ego and a reputation?

22 hours ago, The Horse With No Name said:

Remember the David James fiasco all too well . No thanks.

We could sign Jordan Pickford, and turn him into a really average League 2 keeper within 18 months.

The key is in the coaching.

42 minutes ago, Fontaineofallknowledge said:

I think you would be insane to want him. We have replaced flint with Webster with a clear effort to play it out from the back more, so why would we then go for a keeper that can’t kick?

also I’m not sure that he can shot stop anymore as his footwork/agility really seems to have gone. 

Please tell me what he would bring other than a big ego and a reputation?

You forgot the unsustainable chewing gum cost to the club.

Archived