IGNORED

Banana splits

Langford Red

3 minutes ago, Rudolf Hucker said:

You've plagiarised the approach taken by Tim Rice and Andrew Lloyd Webber when they wrote Evita.

Indeed:

~ Memory from Cats sounds like Ravel's Bolero.
~ I Don't Know How To Love Him from Jesus Christ Superstar is an almost exact copy of a theme from Mendelssohn's violin concerto in E Minor.
~ The 6 note motif sung with "Jesus Christ Superstar" is the same as one from Richard Strauss's September.
~ Themes in The Music of the Night from The Phantom of the Opera sound similar to Puccini's La Fanciulla (for which ALW was sued by Puccini's estate and settled out of court) and Come to Me, Bend to Me from Brigadoon.
~ The accompaniment to Don't Cry For Me Argentina is a version of JS Bach's Prelude in C.

~ The first few notes of Love Changes Everything from Aspects of Love are identical to the ones from JS Bach's Fugue in E Major (Well Tempered Clavier Book II).
~ The super famous chromatic riff from The Phantom of the Opera is almost identical to the one in Pink Floyd's Echoes.

Two from Phantom of the Opera inclduing the theme song, video is at the right point:

17 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Ha, how does this keep happening to me!? I showed my girls some youtube videos of them the other day, they were just so ****** up

I still don't like them!! :laughcont:

I know what you mean Woodsy.I have never been very fond of my kids either.

Why have we always got to just have jumping up and down songs? How about something for those who want to do something different - i e running,  jumping, standing still?  If you all join in I’ll stand up in the Dolman and do the actions of the lead singer 

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

An interesting fact:  The guy who voiced Fleagle (the dog-like Split) also invented the world's first artificial heart.

You're welcome....   

Don't people who invent stuff generally do it on the first one?

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

All I need now is my own personal I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! from RobboRed to really make my day.

This is supposed to say my own personal I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! but it won't let me type It!

3 minutes ago, Slacker said:

This is supposed to say my own personal I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! but it won't let me type It!

Why does this keep changing  the row of z's  I type to "I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post"?

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

The guy who voiced Fleagle (the dog-like Split) also invented the world's first artificial heart.  

Which did he do first? Trying to understand the career trajectory here - and his sense of priorities.

1 hour ago, Chivs said:

Don't people who invent stuff generally do it on the first one?

Other artificial hearts are available.

1 hour ago, Olé said:

Which did he do first? Trying to understand the career trajectory here - and his sense of priorities.

He was both an actor and inventor, so he may have gone home after dealing with the Purple Grapes Gang to tinker with complex micro-engineering.

Of course, he isn't the only such unlikely inventor.  Zeppo Marx - the unfunny besuited brother in early Marx Brothers films - went on to invent the clamps used to hold early atomic bombs in place.

35 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

I think you've got the wrong bloke here!

I dont know about that.I feel you have probably attained a level of fame (infamy?),that would probably qualify you for a starring role in Celebrity Big Brother,Love Island,that Tom Daley diving thing,or the one were people break their necks ski jumping.

Archived