IGNORED

Steve Johnson - RIP

'Orns

Having a convo with a colleague about something that could only be settled by looking at wikipedia, just seen that ex City striker Steve Johnson has passed away today, aged 60

Not a long, or particularly distinguished spell here, but clearly remember him playing. Turned 60 last month, so only a little older than Glyn Riley who we were all sharing memories of yesterday

Sad news

11 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

Having a convo with a colleague about something that could only be settled by looking at wikipedia, just seen that ex City striker Steve Johnson has passed away today, aged 60

Not a long, or particularly distinguished spell here, but clearly remember him playing. Turned 60 last month, so only a little older than Glyn Riley who we were all sharing memories of yesterday

Sad news

Think he was 60 last year mate. RIP Rambo.

I seem to remember that he was a very physical striker who did pretty well for us, but he had a bad injury where he was stretchered off and looking in a pretty bad state.. I don't think he ever got his previous form back while he was with us.  Wiki states that he left to go back up north as he couldn't settle in the Bristol area, I never realised that. RIP Rambo.

The title of his thread - or something - needs tidying up. 

It’s not our former player “Rambo” but Gary’s brother/Lee’s uncle who has died. 

“Our” Steve’s Wikipedia entry links to this article, clearly about the other Steve. 

https://www.gloucestershirelive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/steve-johnson-younger-brother-cheltenham-1829142

Whilst I have no wish to make light of a subject that, for his family and friends, is obviously a traumatic time, there would appear to be some confusion....

Stephen Anthony Johnson (23 June 1957 – 26 July 2018)[1] was an English professional footballerwho played as a striker. He played in the Football League for six different clubs and also played in non-league football and abroad.

Playing career[edit]

Johnson played non-league football for Bangor City and Altrincham before being signed by Football League side Bury in November 1977.[2] He spent six years at Gigg Lane and then had a relatively short spell with Rochdale before moving to Wigan Athletic in February 1984. 13 months later Johnson joined Bristol City for £40,000,[2] but he could not settle in the area[2] and returned north by rejoining Rochdale on loan and then reuniting with his former Wigan manager Harry McNally at Chester City in March 1986 in a further loan deal.

Think wikipedia is confused as well, I have had a look around the internet, Gary Johnson's brother I believe died on Tuesday tribute in KentLive describing him as ex manager of Crowborough and East Grinstead...and also Uncle of Lee Johnson.

Steve Johnson the ex City centre forward died today. However wikipedia has a reference linking to Steve Johnson, LJ's uncle....

Archived