IGNORED

Steve Johnson - RIP

'Orns

30 minutes ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Didnt we employ all of Gary Johnsons brothers as scouts or something?

If I remember correctly they are four brothers and one sister (working/worked for Fulham).

Brother Peter is an ex City scout and deserve full credit for his interviews. Very interesting and always giving the listener the out most. 

I trust Steve was very proud of him.

3 minutes ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember him playing for us at Eastville, can't for the life of me remember the score but remember rambo heading our attack

Didn’t we lose 1-0 (Possibly Cup) to a Archie Stephens goal

An awful game in a  strong wind if it’s the game I’m thinking about

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I remember the strong wind, our keeper couldn't even get the ball over the half way line. John Shaw? Cashley?

21 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

easter bank holiday Monday 85 ?   Holloway or o connor I think against the wind

I think it was Hollowhead who scored. The wind held up the ball, confusing our defence and keeper, and fell kindly to him. At some point in that match Rambo lobbed their keeper but the wind carried the ball over the crossbar.  Typical of their bloody jammy luck against us in the 1980s.

34 minutes ago, archie andrews said:

9 minutes ago, Offside said:

I think it was Hollowhead who scored. The wind held up the ball, confusing our defence and keeper, and fell kindly to him. At some point in that match Rambo lobbed their keeper but the wind carried the ball over the crossbar.  Typical of their bloody jammy luck against us in the 1980s.

:clap:

That’s right

Good recall ,chaps 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

1 hour ago, Alan Dicks said:

I remember the strong wind, our keeper couldn't even get the ball over the half way line. John Shaw? Cashley?

I remember that game, didn’t the wind blow the sand from the speedway/greyhound track into our faces for pretty much all the game or have I got that woefully wrong?!

1 hour ago, archie andrews said:

Nah - the only time we played them in 1985 was on a Saturday - could it have been the Tuesday 22 April 1986 1-1 game at Eastville that had the strong wind etc?! I remember us taunting them with ‘Wembley’ chants as we were in the Freight Rover Trophy Final vs the Trotters a month later....

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Nah - the only time we played them in 1985 was on a Saturday - could it have been the Tuesday 22 April 1986 1-1 game at Eastville that had the strong wind etc?! I remember us taunting them with ‘Wembley’ chants as we were in the Freight Rover Trophy Final vs the Trotters a month later....

wrong…...played em week after easter on a Saturday 85

I was there and still finding bits of sand on me.....

Archived