IGNORED

Bristol City v Nottingham Forest Match Day 1

There I am getting excited about the new season, pretty happy with a draw against a side who will almost definitely be up there come the end of the season, talk sport saying "two excellent sides who will both kick on from here," really a positive start to the season. 

Unfortunately according to a few posters on here we were "dogs**t" and "litter." The only thing I'm glad to see the back of when the season ends is some of the utter rubbish posters come out with if we don't win 50-0.

• Like 9
17 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

why cant we look like we are going to be a very good team like Forest...ask yourself...do you see a difference..between them and us?

...about £50m on new players?

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

£25 million!

Also in fairness we do have some key suspensions/injuries/niggles, along with some pretty late signings.

Some great interplay between their midfielders that was easy on the eye, but often did not go anywhere. Bit of a nothing second half from us, but dug in for a point. To many players ok for 60-70 minutes but having a bad patch.

Will happily take mid table end of October.

4 minutes ago, cityexile said:

Also in fairness we do have some key suspensions/injuries/niggles, along with some pretty late signings.

Some great interplay between their midfielders that was easy on the eye, but often did not go anywhere. Bit of a nothing second half from us, but dug in for a point. To many players ok for 60-70 minutes but having a bad patch.

Will happily take mid table end of October.

Mid table at best...

7 minutes ago, Williams' Penalty said:

There I am getting excited about the new season, pretty happy with a draw against a side who will almost definitely be up there come the end of the season, talk sport saying "two excellent sides who will both kick on from here," really a positive start to the season. 

Unfortunately according to a few posters on here we were "dogs**t" and "litter." The only thing I'm glad to see the back of when the season ends is some of the utter rubbish posters come out with if we don't win 50-0.

Bless you 

• Haha 1

Missed Diedhiou today. Thought that was a huge difference. Pato still better as a wide option imo. Bit deeper and easier for him to find space. Maybe start against lesser teams who look to get behind the ball and defend deep. 

COD didn’t look quite right but got some good minutes. Thought Pack and Brownhill were good but Watson and Guediora were better. 

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I watched on BCTV.

Our midfield was great for most of the first half Pack was excellent all game apart from the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half, Brownhill was my MOM I thought he was our best player and probably the best player on the pitch, COD not really in the game maybe not fit, Eliasson started well but tired in the last 20 minutes he was on but his defensive work was much better.

What was different with our midfield today was that after a really poor first 15 minutes in the 2nd half we managed to get back our composure and looked good again, normally I would have expected our midfield to have totally caved in, but we need Smith to start IMO.

The minus for me was we still lack a player to unlock defences.

Sounds better. Indeed, still lacking a Paul Hartley type of midfielder 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, KeepUpLino said:

**** the spirit! It’s about time people were honest instead of saying how great Forest are etc etc... If only everyone said it as it is, we were shit today for 70 minutes... 

I’m disappointed too! **** Forest who knows/cares what they might do! 

As far as saying how it is...We got a point, our new striker scored and Eisa got on. We could have fallen apart after conceding but didn’t. 

Early doors, the window is till open this week could be interesting.

Love the passion, chin up, we go again...!

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

A new OTIB personal best. Some fans have thrown in the towel after ONE game (which we did not even lose). 

So, to beat the record, someone is going to have to post “we are bound to get relegated” after a pre season friendly next year. 

What do you mean by “throwing in the towel”,I said earlier Rotherham Bolton and reading are doomed so we will be fine but I thought we were ment to progress season after season,are we going to ?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, JoeAman08 said:

Missed Diedhiou today. Thought that was a huge difference. Pato still better as a wide option imo. Bit deeper and easier for him to find space. Maybe start against lesser teams who look to get behind the ball and defend deep. 

COD didn’t look quite right but got some good minutes. Thought Pack and Brownhill were good but Watson and Guediora were better. 

Everyone and his dog was claiming his poor form at the end of last season was because he wasn’t being played centrally Joe

I think in theory he’s better drifting in that 10 role but he didn’t prove so today

He had a chance to stake a claim  today but didn’t do himself too many favours

Talented , but The reality is , he’s inconsistent and goes missing in games and for periods of the season as he’s done thro his carer - 

He may miss out on a starting place when everyone’s fit

• Like 4
24 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

I have to say I am sort of OK with what I saw today, after starting the 2nd half surrendering midfield and shipping the inevitable goal by the hour mark I feared the worst and expected our midfield to completely crumble but the introduction of Smith and Taylor strengthened our midfield assisted by the removal of Paterson.

I hope that for the next game LJ starts with Taylor rather than Paterson, he offered nothing today apart from putting into trouble and Smith for COD.

The keeper looks ok, I must say I quite like Hunt, he is robust and just keeps going, perhaps what people don't like about him is that he looks a little ungainly, Webster is quality, Baker is quality but sometimes is far too casual, Joe had a mixed game but mostly good, Eliasson tired towards the end but he has improved and will continue to improve, I hope that LJ shows him the same sort of patience that he shows Paterson. Brownhill was my MOM he played well throughout, Pack excellent in the first half, really poor for the first 15 minutes of the 2nd half and excellent from then to the end, ODowda does not look fit to me. Wiemann what an engine we might not miss Reid as much as people think.

Smith one very loose pass but some great interceptions at very important times, we need him to start. Taylor as I said offers far more than Paterson and his link up play is far better.

I don't know if Smith wasn't fully fit? Because if he wasn't, he should always be first on the teamsheet.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Which we could spend if we wanted to of course 

We meaning SL presumably. Good of you to spend it for him though.

Personally I prefer a club that plays by the rules, doesn't have a dubious owner and doesn't have a relationship with any shady so called super agent.

But I appreciate some fans would welcome any passing oligarch or dictator if they were prepared to gamble with the club's future. Perhaps a Jordanian 'billionaire' is the answer?

• Like 5
1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Everyone and his dog was claiming his poor form at the end of last season was because he wasn’t being played centrally Joe

I think in theory he’s better drifting in that 10 role but he didn’t prove so today

He had a chance to stake a claim  today but didn’t do himself too many favours

Talented , but The reality is , he’s inconsistent and goes missing in games and for periods of the season as he’s done thro his carer - 

He may miss out on a starting place when everyone’s fit

I expect him to drop to the bench and that is a good option off the bench. I like him as a player but he is just one of those types who wilo be up and down. 

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, Southport Red said:

A new OTIB personal best. Some fans have thrown in the towel after ONE game (which we did not even lose). 

So, to beat the record, someone is going to have to post “we are bound to get relegated” after a pre season friendly next year. 

Terry Butcher left his job as Indonesia manager before they had even played a game.

That's the sort of effort that would go down well on OTIB - rubbish and gone before playing a single game!

Relative to that, condemning the team after 90 minutes is letting them off lightly.

• Haha 1