IGNORED

Swansea train

BCFC1512

Still can't understand why some want to be jammed into a small train for half the journey

with no refreshment car and one toilet

BEST OPTION IN MY OPINION

ten minute journey on the XX:41 service/s from bristol temple meads to parkway 

XX:09 service/s from bristol parkway, a nice gurt big train all the way to swansea

group save tickets available,gives a third off

also split tickets available

and no bridge toll

and for those who have not travelled to swansea by train before

The ground will be on the lreft hand side

going into swansea

• Admin
4 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Admire your optimism mate, but from my experience of the new IEP's you are lucky if the trolley gets around the train, not alone actually have any stock worth buying :sub:

The Cardiff connection is direct to Weston, so sadly really our only option 

7 hours ago, Never to the dark side said:

Still can't understand why some want to be jammed into a small train for half the journey

BEST OPTION IN MY OPINION

ten minute journey on the XX:41 service/s from bristol temple meads to parkway 

XX:09 service/s from bristol parkway, a nice gurt big train all the way to swansea

group save tickets available,gives a third off

also split tickets available

and no bridge toll

and for those who have not travelled to swansea by train before

The ground will be on the lreft hand side

going into swansea

It's only an hour to Cardiff then an hour on from there. Bring our own tins, one toilet is plenty.

• Admin
1 minute ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Dry trains for away fans are a phenomenon.

Presumably- hopefully- this isn't one such occasion. One for @JulieH to clarify/confirm that it isn't perhaps?

The FSF normally highlight these, and I've not been aware of any yet this season

Have City ever had a "dry train" - this game will 100% NOT be a dry day

14 minutes ago, phantom said:

The FSF normally highlight these, and I've not been aware of any yet this season

That's good news then!

Guess Swansea-us isn't a risk game, don't follow it in a big way but was always under the impression they did it for risk games? If it's at 3pm on a Saturday though, should be all fine.

Not been made aware of trains being dry of alcohol to Swansea on Saturday.

i am going to Swansea on Thursday for a final planning meeting with South Wales police and British transport police so will ask the question and get back to you all .

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Dry trains are generally football specials put on by sponsor companies like Virgin used to do with Preston. Easy to get around anyway.

16 minutes ago, BessexRED said:

Dry trains are generally football specials put on by sponsor companies like Virgin used to do with Preston. Easy to get around anyway.

Depends how rigorously they check, surely?

Read of Arsenal-Everton- hardly a grudge match- a couple of years ago being made a dry train.

However, if this fixture is allowed at 3pm on a Saturday, then there is no reason for a dry train policy.

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Not been made aware of trains being dry of alcohol to Swansea on Saturday.

i am going to Swansea on Thursday for a final planning meeting with South Wales police and British transport police so will ask the question and get back to you all .

While you’re at it find out why Leeds got given 2,099 for tonight.

18 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

I heard that most clubs gets given roughly 2,100 tickets at Swansea, but just over 100 of those tickets were held back for the club officials, Sponsors, players families and friends. So there were 1,979 left to sell to your normal run of the mill supporters.

23 hours ago, Taunton_BCFC said:

Just spoke to Swansea football officer.

there has been no notification to either of us of having dry trains, so we are not aware of any plans for them to be so.

with regards to the allocation this was a decision between both clubs, however it must be borne in mind the segregation area between Swansea and Bristol city will be bigger than that between Leeds.  Both clubs discuss away allocation in the early stages of planning the fixture , there is no police involvement in this discussion. 

Will update any other important information tomorrow after the meeting 

On 20/08/2018 at 20:24, Taunton_BCFC said:

We are on the 10:09 from parkway 08:50 from Taunton ??

check the train times i,m a taxi driver at parkway and the first 2 trains last sat 9-09 and 10-09 cancelled due to lack of crew first train into parkway from london rocked up 11-09

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Just spoke to Swansea football officer.

there has been no notification to either of us of having dry trains, so we are not aware of any plans for them to be so.

with regards to the allocation this was a decision between both clubs, however it must be borne in mind the segregation area between Swansea and Bristol city will be bigger than that between Leeds.  Both clubs discuss away allocation in the early stages of planning the fixture , there is no police involvement in this discussion. 

Will update any other important information tomorrow after the meeting 

That was my guess tbh- but didn't want to pre-empt anything.

Local derby to some extent...3pm kick off- first time we've met since 2011, might be deemed a bigger risk- hence a slightly bigger 'sterile' area than v Leeds.

Archived