IGNORED

Swansea train

BCFC1512

Met with South Wales police command team at Swansea stadium today for the final meeting. Also present were British transport police .

i can confirm the trains are not dry trains

I asked him about possible cancellations and he stated at this stage they had revived no notifications of that from the rail companies.

game as you all know is a sellout for away fans and only limited home tickets available to buy so hopefully should be a great atmosphere. Had a quick look around the stadium , very nice .

there is a beam back at the gate so would urge those who haven’t managed to get tickets and want to see the game to consider that location. 

On 22/08/2018 at 16:17, JulieH said:

with regards to the allocation this was a decision between both clubs, however it must be borne in mind the segregation area between Swansea and Bristol city will be bigger than that between Leeds.  Both clubs discuss away allocation in the early stages of planning the fixture , there is no police involvement in this discussion. 

Why? 

1 hour ago, JulieH said:

Met with South Wales police command team at Swansea stadium today for the final meeting. Also present were British transport police .

i can confirm the trains are not dry trains

I asked him about possible cancellations and he stated at this stage they had revived no notifications of that from the rail companies.

game as you all know is a sellout for away fans and only limited home tickets available to buy so hopefully should be a great atmosphere. Had a quick look around the stadium , very nice .

there is a beam back at the gate so would urge those who haven’t managed to get tickets and want to see the game to consider that location. 

Thanks for the info me Julie great work! Is there a specific away pub? Hearing Walkabout

10 hours ago, ScottMurray'srightboot said:

Thanks for the info me Julie great work! Is there a specific away pub? Hearing Walkabout

There are no specific away fans pubs

the general advice seemed to be the closer to the ground the less chance of away fans being welcomed in the pubs! Little bit like Ashton gate really !

walkabout sounds like a good plan on any day and should be fine 

39 minutes ago, JulieH said:

There are no specific away fans pubs

the general advice seemed to be the closer to the ground the less chance of away fans being welcomed in the pubs! Little bit like Ashton gate really !

walkabout sounds like a good plan on any day and should be fine 

On that note, my favourite has to be Millwall for that.

Away fan friendly pubs? All the way out at London Bridge. :laughcont:

So last minute, my Swansea supporting mate has had to miss the game, and I was planning on staying at his but now can't. No transport home sorted, what train is everyone getting? Is the 17.54 reachable in time or do people think we're likely to be kept in after the game?

• Admin
23 minutes ago, Ben4BCFC said:

So last minute, my Swansea supporting mate has had to miss the game, and I was planning on staying at his but now can't. No transport home sorted, what train is everyone getting? Is the 17.54 reachable in time or do people think we're likely to be kept in after the game?

You should have no problem getting this

You could walk it in under 30 minutes, but there are buses from the away end (£1.50) that go back to the station

16 minutes ago, RedM said:

Not going well at the mo. Train was cancelled at TM. Got on next one which was 30 mins later. Got to Cardiff and if course missed connection. Getting on next one which is another half hour late!

Why is travelling by train in this country so shite?

On a very busy train to Swansea. Loads of City fans in good spirits and not causing any probs. Even seen one young lad (early 20'sl) give up his seat to an old lady who asked what team he supported. Him and his mates are chatting to her like old mates so credit to him for showing football fans in a good light.

Quite a few police here to greet us off the train but all very friendly. People asking where they could drink and were being told pretty much only The Grand Hotel opposite the station so people were heading there. 

31 minutes ago, RedM said:

Quite a few police here to greet us off the train but all very friendly. People asking where they could drink and were being told pretty much only The Grand Hotel opposite the station so people were heading there. 

If it's the one I have just googled it looks ok for a swift half.

image.jpeg.b397bad6eecaf42225841803dc7f3e6d.jpeg

Archived