IGNORED

Andreas Weimann Utter Class

REDOXO

51 minutes ago, Londoner said:

Taylor has played a huge part of nothing since being here. One good game today and one decent pass against man u does not hide the fact he has been largely useless for us.

Weimann is a big fish in a small pond character. Mentally fragile who thriveds in a less pressurised environment.....Hence performing here and less so villa derby.

Pathetic.....as always...........

12 minutes ago, glastonred said:

Pathetic.....as always...........

I mean... a part about the Taylor bit isn’t far from the truth. Is that 3 goals in 35 now? Sounds silly to knock him now but it wouldn’t surprise me if he does **** all for 10-15 games now. Had a great game today tho ?

Well so far AW has been more than impressive, enjoy while it lasts as my crystal balls have been working overtime. Fam & AW will hit 32 goals between them this season, Cardiff will come down from the Prem with less points than Swindon did BUT will offer (with their colossal parachute payments) £25m including PX of Bobby for the services of our 2 strikers ?

2 hours ago, Alessandro said:

I think we were all worried about losing not only Bobby’s goals, but his work-rate and pressing.

Early days still, but in Weimann we look to have a worthy replacement in all aspects.

I dare his movement is better than Bobby’s and perhaps at this stage looks stronger on the ball too, but eitherway it’s great that he’s got a variety of goals in him too.

Finishing was the question mark - so far, so good.

Said quite a few times over the summer that very few, if any, of Bobbys goals were ones other strikers wouldn't score if they were in his position.

But it was the knack of getting in the right position that created his goals. We would always create those chances, just needed someone who would get to the right places. Of course, easier said than done and early days yet, but it looks like we have done just that.

2 hours ago, Londoner said:

Taylor has played a huge part of nothing since being here. One good game today and one decent pass against man u does not hide the fact he has been largely useless for us.

Weimann is a big fish in a small pond character. Mentally fragile who thriveds in a less pressurised environment.....Hence performing here and less so villa derby.

lucky for you no snake emoji, otherwise those sad and confused ones may have been something else!!!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I like besides

his workrate

his attitude

his goals

is the number of times he speaks to other players when there’s a break in play and gees others up too

Could have come here on a bit of a cruise but has done anything but and shown as much desire and hunger as anyone

Like a lot

sounds like a captain in the making?

8 hours ago, Ian M said:

Personally very happy that the guys at Sky Bet paid no attention to the press on signing that we intended to play him up front. 200/1 ???

Before the season started I had £5 each way on Weimann to be top scorer in the Championship. Could only get 150/1 with Coral though! ?

4 minutes ago, Red Exile said:

Very impressive last night. Always moving and looking for space. Clinical finishing. And as others have said a leader on the pitch. Looks a great signing. 

Looking at our second goal again, I am absolutely amazed. I never knew there was so much space in Loftus Road. :laughcont::blink:

Weimann's movement for his first goal last night was different level; made it so easy for Elliasson to find him. While he perhaps doesn't have Bobby's skill with the ball at feet, I think his finishing and movement are better. Can't wait to see him play with Fammy (though Taylor obviously played his part last night)

1 minute ago, Port Said Red said:

Looking at our second goal again, I am absolutely amazed. I never knew there was so much space in Loftus Road. :laughcont::blink:

Needless to say from where we were stood it was impossible to see the ball cross the line!

Horrible ground. Been going since the very early 80s. First time I've seen us win there.

3 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

:disapointed2se:

Got to love Londoner , he knows the full sum of absolutely nothing about football or life in general and yet is so keen to share his ignorance on a public forum .

A dangerous statement there Major, it suggests there are some on here that know about either or both. :whistle:

30 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

:disapointed2se:

Got to love Londoner , he knows the full sum of absolutely nothing about football or life in general and yet is so keen to share his ignorance on a public forum .

I've ran out of likes, laughter faces, trophies, you name it - but this is bloody brilliant.  ?

1 minute ago, Ian M said:

I took Sky Bet for the max they’d let me stake.64C56B23-67B8-4E59-B16B-267C9A94AC58.jpeg

Early days we know, but that's looking a very good bet, when ever AW scores from now on I'm going to be thinking of your punt and cheering with more gusto.

IF you win, drinks are on you!

• Admin
1 minute ago, reddogkev said:

Early days we know, but that's looking a very good bet, when ever AW scores from now on I'm going to be thinking of your punt and cheering with more gusto.

IF you win, drinks are on you!

In the last three years I’ve been lucky that City have unearthed less well known goal scoring options and have got a season ticket and a drink out of the each way market each year. Here’s to a 4th year running.

If Diedhiou slips to 60s before his first game I may have a dabble on him too in case given the way Eliasson crosses the ball.

10 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

How long is it since he last played for Austria? The national coach must have noticed his start to the season...

He is really not rated in Austria. I asked around at the time we signed him and most people were unimpressed. Austria tend to play Arnautovic up front on his own with two supporting inside forwards. If Weimann continues scoring at this rate it might register and get him back in the squad, but sad to say Bristol City are not exactly on the radar here.

Archived