Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

REDOXO

The official bring back the dustbin emoji thread

So many posters have commented on how they feel more able to post without the dustbin.....thick skinned bunch are we not!?

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

I’d like to think your average OTIB poster (who at a guess is 40+) is grown up and mature enough to deal with a cartoon dustbin on their post.

Never taken umbrage with it myself, although I do prefer it when people explain ‘why’ they’ve disliked my post!

I think it should be reinstated personally - a bit sad that people trawl historic posts and ‘dustbin’ them all - as has happened... 

Edited by Phileas Fogg
  • Like 9

I'm glad it's gone. The positive reactions are useful in not ending up with dozens of posts saying "I agree" but to my mind if you disagree with something you should post an explanation as to why you disagree with it.

• Like 8
  • Confused 1

I like the change. If people take issue with a post it encourages debate and discussion instead of childish emoji reactions. 

Bunch of W ⚓ s

:D 

Edited by BRISTOL86
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I like the change. If people take issue with a post it encourages debate and discussion instead of childish emoji reactions. 

Bunch of W ⚓ s

:D 

chilish.jpeg.fb5363d1731b09d62f3c3c1405568a04.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 14

40 minutes ago, BCFC_Dan said:

I'm glad it's gone. The positive reactions are useful in not ending up with dozens of posts saying "I agree" but to my mind if you disagree with something you should post an explanation as to why you disagree with it.

However if you disagree with the same post for other reasons posted it meant you didn't add the same stuff to the conversation again or just post 'I agree' with someones post.

• Like 1

How about a yawn or I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! emoji for yet another "Sack Johnson" / "Blame Lansdown" / "Not replaced anyone we've sold" threads or comments that get posted with increasing frequency and normally by the same few posters?

6 minutes ago, bexhill reds said:

How about a yawn or I just don't have the words to express how much I like this post! emoji for yet another "Sack Johnson" / "Blame Lansdown" / "Not replaced anyone we've sold" threads or comments that get posted with increasing frequency and normally by the same few posters?

Can we have a hard-on reaction for the Johnson apologists 🍆

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, phantom said:

There never was a dustbin emoji

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

🚮 No ? 

Ohhhh Yes there was. :laugh:!

Bring back the dustbin and the snake! 

• Like 1

If the best thing you can do is rubbishing others posters for giving their opinion you should not be on OTIB. The same goes for people who ignore fellow posters. Very, very poor in my opinion. 

Edited by bristolcitysweden
  • Like 3
  • Confused 1

I certainly agree with the first sentence but as for the second - I actually advise certain posters to put me on ignore but only for their peace of mind.

I think I’ve got two or three on my ignore list. They’re posters who posted absolute bollocks and one serial snake user who doesn’t actually post anything at all.

In fact now that the snake has gone I’ll remove him/her from my lgnore list.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Join the People’s Front for Bring Back the Bin! (Not to be confused with the Bring Back the Bin People’s Front). 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

If the best thing you can do is rubbishing others posters for giving their opinion you should not be on OTIB. The same goes for people who ignore fellow posters. Very, very poor in my opinion. 

I wonder how many have you on ignore? 

For the record you crack me up and would never do it to you! 

Sometimes sanity becomes an issue and a simple ignore preference does ensure that the trolls the drunks and the crazies can’t drag you in to a pointless shit fest!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

🚮 No ? 

41 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

Ohhhh Yes there was. :laugh:!

Bring back the dustbin and the snake! 

You know I was just being pedantic, he meant the rubbish / snake symbols 

14 minutes ago, REDOXO said:

I wonder how many have you on ignore? 

For the record you crack me up and would never do it to you! 

Sometimes sanity becomes an issue and a simple ignore preference does ensure that the trolls the drunks and the crazies can’t drag you in to a pointless shit fest!

I have no one on ignore and will not ever have someone on ignore.

50 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I think if anyone ever agrees with Robbored, they shouldn't be on OTIB 😇

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, bristolcitysweden said:

I'm a thoughtful person. Online discussions is not my backyard. For me a discussion is a process were I'm provocative to eventually reach a conclusion    

You're the forum 'Brian Clough' Tommy. What was it he said, 'We have a disagreement, discuss it and then agree I was right' or something similar? ;) 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I guess people need otib to be their happy space.🐩 Not every disagreement needs explaining.

It's your opinion, who honestly cares if anyone agrees Or disagreees.

Sometimes people want to get into a debate sometimes they don't.

I guess if i dont agree I'll just have to be confused.

Honestly you're a raging pussy if you get upset by a tiny picture of a blue bin. Grow up. Pixels on a ******* screen.

• Like 4

Surely just take the bin and snake away from the few individuals who overuse/abuse it, i.e. those who go back rubbishing hundreds of posts from someone they've taken a dislike to.

I'd like to see a few more emoji's to choose from personally - if not a bin, how about a good old fashioned thumbs down?  👎

• Like 2

Could we have a 'pistols at dawn' emoji for those who have gone past trading insults ( and rubbish bins) and want to meet up behind the Dolman? :dunno:

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Could we have a 'pistols at dawn' emoji for those who have gone past trading insults ( and rubbish bins) and want to meet up behind the Dolman? :dunno:

Also known as the 'demand satisfaction' emoji for the more gentlemanly among us.

I've checked and we don't have one. We do have the national flag of Wallis and Futuna though 🇼🇫 that should come in handy.

2 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

You're the forum 'Brian Clough' Tommy. What was it he said, 'We have a disagreement, discuss it and then agree I was right' or something similar? ;) 

Asked how he reacts when one of his players goes to him and says he is doing something wrong, Brian responds: "Good. Well, I ask him which way he thinks it should be done, we get down to it, and then we talk about it for 20 minutes, and then we decide I was right."

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I’d like to think your average OTIB poster (who at a guess is 40+) is grown up and mature enough to deal with a cartoon dustbin on their post.

Never taken umbrage with it myself, although I do prefer it when people explain ‘why’ they’ve disliked my post!

I think it should be reinstated personally - a bit sad that people trawl historic posts and ‘dustbin’ them all - as has happened... 

Rubbish 

Explain why the bin is being used?   Yes, for sensible posters.

But, when a WUM is in full flow on here, even the bin is not good enough!

Edited by 42nite
#bringbackthebin

3 hours ago, Ska Junkie said:

Ooh....my fave Cloughie quote is: “I wouldn’t say I’m the best manager in the country, but I’m in the top one...”

• Haha 1

Tom explained that the bin and snake were deleted because they were abused and that’s fine by me.

They did nothing to enhance the forum largely because the bin  icon was lazy and used with no explanation and personality I’d like to have known why a post was considered rubbish.

As for the snake - I was  never quite sure what it was supposed to mean..............:dunno:

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Tom explained that the bin and snake were deleted because they were abused and that’s fine by me.

They did nothing to enhance the forum largely because the bin  icon was lazy and used with no explanation and personality I’d like to have known why a post was considered rubbish.

As for the snake - I was  never quite sure what it was supposed to mean..............:dunno:

They were somewhat pointless too as they were neural (0 point) value ones. Just like when we had + and - reputations it was the minority ruining it for the majority. 

We will have to have a look through and see what else we could add but they’ll all be +1 reputations regardless 

4 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

They were somewhat pointless too as they were neural (0 point) value ones. Just like when we had + and - reputations it was the minority ruining it for the majority. 

We will have to have a look through and see what else we could add but they’ll all be +1 reputations regardless 

Most of us can handle negative reactions to a post but something that encourages laziness should be avoided imv.

If you think a a thread/post is rubbish then say it rather  than simply using a negative icon.  Better for otib if there are none.

12 hours ago, Aaron-Bcfc said:

I bet you those posters who cried at the bin reaction are also moaning in everyday life about how “everyone gets offended these days”. Sad sad people.

It wasn't people who cried, it was people who purposely abused it

15 hours ago, Tomarse said:

If you're taking requests Tom, is there any chance we could not have 'l ol' auto-correcting to ':laugh:' please?

Surely everyone on the planet knows what 'l ol' means now?! Or is there some other reason we don't allow it that I've missed? 

• Like 1

On the theme of requests and theories.

How come- though it's been the case for a while so it's nothing new- edit facilities runs out after half an hour or so?

Edited by Mr Popodopolous
  • Like 1