Jump to content

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums

Welcome to One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be a part of One Team in Bristol - Bristol City Forums by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Full access to all forums (not all viewable as guest)
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.
  • Support OTIB with a premium membership

IGNORED

Local sides in the FA Cup today.


JamesBCFC

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, hoxton casual said:

a bit old to rise through to the league you think? has he got what it takes?

 

Probably too late for him to rise up to our level- but I think he could certainly do the job higher up than Southern league.

Whether the National league or League 2 is in his ability I'm not sure.

Havent seen him loads because he only joined Farm in the summer, so not got a huge amount to go on

Link to post
Share on other sites
On ‎05‎/‎09‎/‎2018 at 19:51, JamesBCFC said:

Probably too late for him to rise up to our level- but I think he could certainly do the job higher up than Southern league.

Whether the National league or League 2 is in his ability I'm not sure.

Havent seen him loads because he only joined Farm in the summer, so not got a huge amount to go on

Played against Howe at schoolboy level. Was on the books of Villa until about 16, then played at Bideford and Tivvy Town. Banged goals for Tivvy has they won promotion to Southern League Prem, but had a falling out with the gaffer and tbf Tiverton have Levi Landricombe who is just as good if not better.

Howe not good enough to be a pro in the EFL, but could certainly play at a high non league level

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Replay on Tuesday evening. 

That's what I miss; replays just three, rather than ten, days after the original tie. It keeps the atmosphere / excitement / tension going.

Link to post
Share on other sites

file:///C:/Users/Martin/Downloads/emirates-fa-cup-2q-draw.pdf

67 Merthyr Town v Frome Town or Winchester City
68 Lymington Town or Lydney Town v Torquay United
69 Chippenham Town v Swindon Supermarine
70 Bristol Manor Farm v Paulton Rovers or Basingstoke Town
71 Gloucester City v Plymouth Parkway or Street
72 Weston Super Mare v Salisbury or Yate Town
73 Tiverton Town v Wimborne Town or Dorchester Town
74 Hereford v Truro City
75 Poole Town v Cinderford Town
76 Taunton Town v Bitton
77 Weymouth or Banbury United v Bath City
79 Binfield v Cirencester Town
 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Tough one for Bitton - I`m doing my version of Wembley to Wembley which started with Tavistock Town who Bitton beat two rounds ago. Mind you, Taunton is my home town so it`s win-win for me!

Should be a good game that. Bitton although a couple of levels below Taunton, have signed a few players that had been playing higher than Western league level. Seems like they are going for it this season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Should be a good game that. Bitton although a couple of levels below Taunton, have signed a few players that had been playing higher than Western league level. Seems like they are going for it this season. 

Bitton have had a good Western League side for a few years now.

Feel like promotion is just a matter of time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

I think I’m correct in saying that Bitton have played 8 games and won all 8 this season....... and haven’t conceded a single goal 😮.

 

Not sure about the goals conceded side, but they have a perfect league record so far (along with Westbury) with 4 wins from 4.

They are 4 points off top and already have 3 games in hand!

Mind you Bridport already have 4 game in hand- 1 month into the season and they have an entire months worth of games to catch up on.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sure about the goals conceded side, but they have a perfect league record so far (along with Westbury) with 4 wins from 4.

They are 4 points off top and already have 3 games in hand!

Mind you Bridport already have 4 game in hand- 1 month into the season and they have an entire months worth of games to catch up on.

Ironically they beat Westbury 3-0 in the cup last Saturday!

Bridport had major problems last season with their ground being flooded, they ended up playing approx 12 games in 25 days at the end of the season.

They got knocked out of the FA cup on Saturday, so they will now catch up with their games I imagine. 

Taunton v Britton looks an intriguing tie in the next round of the FA cup, I watched Taunton recently and was surprised that their game was more about power and strength than good football. They played Tiverton, I’ve got to say that I was really disappointed in the standard, I expected more football to be played, but it was 90 mins of ariel challenges and niggle. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Ironically they beat Westbury 3-0 in the cup last Saturday!

Bridport had major problems last season with their ground being flooded, they ended up playing approx 12 games in 25 days at the end of the season.

They got knocked out of the FA cup on Saturday, so they will now catch up with their games I imagine. 

Taunton v Britton looks an intriguing tie in the next round of the FA cup, I watched Taunton recently and was surprised that their game was more about power and strength than good football. They played Tiverton, I’ve got to say that I was really disappointed in the standard, I expected more football to be played, but it was 90 mins of ariel challenges and niggle. 

I`m surprised they got back on there at all last season TBH. I drove past it several times back in the spring and it looked a mess.

Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Not local but I see Corinthian Casuals are involved in a replay tonight, that name brings back some memories.

Yes, they had a replay v  City after we managed to hold them to a 0-0 draw on their own ground!

If the Casuals win tonight, they play Heybridge Swifts in the next round; another team we've met.

Good to see Hayes are in the next round. November 1972, City were losing badly at Blackpool, but we heard something to cheer us up. FA Cup 1st round result "Hayes Athletic 1 - Bristol Rovers 0".

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Ironically they beat Westbury 3-0 in the cup last Saturday!

Bridport had major problems last season with their ground being flooded, they ended up playing approx 12 games in 25 days at the end of the season.

They got knocked out of the FA cup on Saturday, so they will now catch up with their games I imagine. 

Taunton v Britton looks an intriguing tie in the next round of the FA cup, I watched Taunton recently and was surprised that their game was more about power and strength than good football. They played Tiverton, I’ve got to say that I was really disappointed in the standard, I expected more football to be played, but it was 90 mins of ariel challenges and niggle. 

Didnt realise Bridport had such problems with their pitch.

Think they had a few different cup runs last season and had put it all down to that. I do remember them being 7+ games behind clubs for a good chunk of the season though.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/09/2018 at 21:17, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Paulton will have to play at the top of their game, in the Basingstoke replay, tomorrow night to get through. Fingers crossed though they have performed well in the cups in recent seasons.

Best of luck to Manor Farm against Basingstoke in the next round. Paulton had their chances tonight, missed a pen on stroke of half time when the game was goaless. Ultimately lost 2-0. Basingstoke are a pretty dour team who don't over commit players, think Manor farm have a big chance at home.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...