IGNORED

Swansea Forum

hinsleburg

11 minutes ago, awbb said:

Leaving the posting quality aside, what an awful forum, looks like something from the turn of the millennium.

Totally agree. We are very lucky to have the guys n girls who set up, manage and moderate this forum. My cap, if I had one on, would be doffed. 

2 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

11th last season flattered us and we`d have been in a relegation fight otherwise. WTF?

Just goes to show that these self-entitled premier league tossers don`t have a ******* clue about anything outside it. Well, welcome to the real world you idiot.

Only the 26 points clear of relegation and 7 points ahead of 12th! 

9 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

11th last season flattered us and we`d have been in a relegation fight otherwise. WTF?

Just goes to show that these self-entitled premier league tossers don`t have a ******* clue about anything outside it. Well, welcome to the real world you idiot.

I thought that. If anything Swansea’s fairly long stay in the Premier League flattered them to be honest. A small club that have punched well above there weight for years back down to probably there natural level.

10 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

No surprise though. Been a premier league club for what 6-7 years at least. Championship so much different than the last time they were there. Always have to wonder how teams that have been up there so long will cope when they get here. There are a good 20 teams that fancy themselves playoff contenders at the start of every season. 

Just now, bris red said:

I thought that. If anything Swansea’s fairly long stay in the Premier League flattered them to be honest. A small club that have punched well above there weight for years back down to probably there natural level.

It goes to show what happens when a well run club changes it`s philosophy to `stay up at all costs` IMO. Southampton are heading the same way I think.

17 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

Think you misunderstood - the poster basically said that other than finishing 11th last season we’ve been ‘dodging relegation’ since being back in the championship - pretty true...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Think you misunderstood - the poster basically said that other than finishing 11th last season we’ve been ‘dodging relegation’ since being back in the championship - pretty true...

I don`t think I did TBH. The poster obviously had no clue where we were at Christmas and implies that we just scraped enough points together to finish mid-table. Mind you, with Cardiff going so well last season they probably blanked the championship from their minds!

There are three or four Swansea forums - none have them have any real quality. Limited analysis of yesterday's game and mostly one liners (and insults!)

Funny how these things vary from club to club and it is often a measure of their true, long term fanbase. They seem a particularly ungracious bunch and that sense of entitlement has grown quickly in their few Premier League seasons.

I always had time for Swansea and their fans but after reading their comments, I'm mostly unimpressed.

14 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

It goes to show what happens when a well run club changes it`s philosophy to `stay up at all costs` IMO. Southampton are heading the same way I think.

I know one or 2 Swansea fans.

Swansea's decline truly began when they sacked Laudrup. Monk did fine for a season and a bit, but changed their philosophy playing wise and eventually ran of steam.

Went through a churn of managers, players. American input into the club certainly has not helped and combined with bad decisions, that's why they are where they are now.

21 minutes ago, bris red said:

I would go further than that.

L1 or L2 is their rightful place.

Somewhat like Bournemouth & Watford, not a proper PL club in a million years.

5 minutes ago, Red Right Hand said:

I don`t think I did TBH. The poster obviously had no clue where we were at Christmas and implies that we just scraped enough points together to finish mid-table. Mind you, with Cardiff going so well last season they probably blanked the championship from their minds!

if you re-read their post and the post to which they were replying it’s clear they weren’t implying that  - but it’s not really that important - it may be raining but we’ve come to the end of a week in which we won at QPR in the league for the first time since 1977 (but I still loved beating them up there in the 2002 LDV Vans Trophy game!) and then beat a team with lots of recent premier league experience...five games in and we’re on that crazy rollercoaster already! Hopeless at home to Boro then consecutive away wins - it’s never dull!

7 minutes ago, The Gasbuster said:

Genuine question - what do you think constitutes a ‘proper PL club’? I was talking to a Bolton fan a few years ago and he said something along the lines of ‘Bristol City is a big club that deserves to be in the top flight’ - when I questioned that statement he couldn’t really say why he thought that - it was just a ‘perception’ from afar - reality is often very different...

24 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I think their natural level over the years is more like the gash tbh .

Was'nt Hamer part of the consortium that nearly did for the swans a while back? Hope he gets it right with his current project...

1 hour ago, Chairman Mao said:

Wow, some of the clearly have a very low IQ! 

Totally off topic, but your post reminded me that when Craig Levein was asked what difference Kyle Lafferty leaving Hearts would make he replied that the average IQ of the squad would go up! ?

4 hours ago, hinsleburg said:

https://www.fansnetwork.co.uk/football/swanseacity/forum/228852/page:1

This thread has everything, high praise for us as well as us being criticised, Kelly was both sensational and Average, and finally, I’m pretty sure two 60 year old blokes are gearing up for a fight...

Well worth a read...

god the adverts popping up constantly made it unreadable to me.

17 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

No club has a 'rightful place'.

Agreed on that.

Clubs are where they deserve to be in general.

If we're to take the logic forward then we should be happy with a lot of our history- somewhere between lower mid table Championship and there or thereabouts League One- and expect nothing much more.

2 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Genuine question - what do you think constitutes a ‘proper PL club’? I was talking to a Bolton fan a few years ago and he said something along the lines of ‘Bristol City is a big club that deserves to be in the top flight’ - when I questioned that statement he couldn’t really say why he thought that - it was just a ‘perception’ from afar - reality is often very different...

He prob means that Bristol is a quite big city, lots going for it in other ways, but never close to be in the premier league. Not a very successful sporting city either.

2 hours ago, The Gasbuster said:

I’d be interested to know what you thought we were then..?! 

Archived