IGNORED

Swansea Forum

hinsleburg

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Moving to the levels must have been a culture shock!

I lived in Meare for much of the 80s. 

I was keen angler back then so know the area very well. 

Ah, so now we know who the Abbot’s fish house was named after!

5 minutes ago, Leveller said:

Ah, so now we know who the Abbot’s fish house was named after!

Both my kids were Christened at Meare church. Mrs Robbo ran the NHS nursing home just up from there. 

I

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Others don't want to give you the pleasure.

Pleasure?  

Its entirely inconsequential to me.

Those saying Leeds were only a major force for one decade is fair enough. But let’s not forget they were in the semi finals of the Champions League only 15 odd years ago. I’m not sure I buy into this ‘rightful place’ stuff but if it exists, I think it’s fair to lump Leeds in with the Prem lot

4 hours ago, Leveller said:

Me too ... I actually lived in West Yorkshire 1966-68 and went to Elland Road with my Dad. As a result, when we moved to Somerset, I was for several years a Leeds fan while watching at Ashton Gate and gradually getting the bug. 

All the same, putting that period into context, Leeds were only a major force for one decade.

I got into football in the early 00’s and though not a force, I would have considered them a ‘bigger’ club back then.

7 hours ago, nebristolred said:

Those saying Leeds were only a major force for one decade is fair enough. But let’s not forget they were in the semi finals of the Champions League only 15 odd years ago. I’m not sure I buy into this ‘rightful place’ stuff but if it exists, I think it’s fair to lump Leeds in with the Prem lot

Rightful place for me is about size of support more than anything else.

That is to say that Newcastle who have gates of 60,000 shouldn't ever be hanging around in the second or third division with the resources they have. Burton's natural level is third or fourth division based on their capacity to compete .

Bournemouth's ' rightful place ' is not the Prem but they have defied logic and the FFP with their owner and a brilliant coach . 

15 hours ago, Leveller said:

Me too ... I actually lived in West Yorkshire 1966-68 and went to Elland Road with my Dad. As a result, when we moved to Somerset, I was for several years a Leeds fan while watching at Ashton Gate and gradually getting the bug. 

All the same, putting that period into context, Leeds were only a major force for one decade.

Yes, to misquote the song, they were "big in the 70s" and even then Liverpool were far bigger.

11 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Yes, to misquote the song, they were "big in the 70s" and even then Liverpool were far bigger.

I'm pretty sure there was a period of time when every Leeds player was an International......for either England, Scotland, Ireland or Wales.

Archived