IGNORED

Ooh look!!!! Next stage of AG redevelopment now announced

RedM

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't have any interest in basketball either.  But I'd be certainly be curious to watch it in a brand new 4000 seater arena as part of the Bristol Sport collection of teams to which I am starting to feel a sense of affinity, and I'm certain my young son would be keen to go to.  And even better, I'd be able to get a discount with my membership, and my ticket cost would not only benefit the basketball but also the football club that I love.  And maybe having been once, I might well enjoy it and want to go again.

And there in a nutshell is the Bristol Sport philosophy working in everyone's favour.

PS - no reason not to think a netball team wouldn't be added at some point - in fact I'd say it seems more likely than not.

There's a couple of racing drivers signed to Bristol Sport too aren't there?

Wonder when the Bristol Racing Circuit will get announced.

56 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

The news has made its way to North Bristol

http://gaschat.co.uk/thread/12952/falling-82ers-day

One thing that strikes me about that thread is that they seem to have completely given up on the notion that Wael is anything like as rich and ambitious as Lansdown.  A far cry from when he took over.  It's just bitterness and resignation now.

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Interesting.  But that wouldn't prevent local residents objecting would it?  I don't really know why they would, but they have form for small mindedness...

There is sure to be the usual moaning about increased traffic, parking etc., but not sure what clout any objectors would have ?

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

One thing that strikes me about that thread is that they seem to have completely given up on the notion that Wael is anything like as rich and ambitious as Lansdown.  A far cry from when he took over.  It's just bitterness and resignation now.

One of them almost verbatim says that they have no ambition- but as if that is a good thing!

5 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Bristol Sport could bid for that Metro Bus route that hasn't opened.

Get Lando Norris and Dino Zampirel down there to challenge the locals in a stolen Citroën Saxo. Proper!

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I don't think there could be any credible objections, but then again I didn't think any of the Ashton Vale objections were credible either...!

Maybe we’ve done a deal - wasn’t there something about part of AV being used for housing last week or so.... ?

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Great development for Bristol Sport.

It wouldn’t enter my mind to attend a match tho!  I find basketball utterly boring, along with F1........

:sleeping:

Boxing tho.. 

Been going to flyers games since before they joined the BBL. it’s a great evening out. Love that they have set their sights on playing in Europe. Would be class to see Barcelona, Real Madrid, fenerbahce, olympiacos, Bayern Munich and CSKA Moscow bringing their basketball teams to south bristol. Could be years and years away but exciting anyway. 

1 hour ago, pillred said:

what is that new building on the site of the old Mercedes garage, is that anything to do with the club?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

It’s a self storage facility. Looked nearly finished the last time I went past. 

Looking at those plans, it’s such a shame that it couldn’t get delayed enough to bid something else there, linked to this.  

22 minutes ago, Rich_s said:

Looks amazing. I've never watched basketball but might give it a go. Helluva legacy Lansdown is going to leave behind. I remember watching my old man playing bowls under the Dolman back in the day. How far things have come. Fantastic.

If we had a lunchtime KO, and then the basketball was on at 5, I would certainly be intrigued enough to cross the road and continue the day.

Almost certainly they'll do similar free tickets, shared ST type things like we already have with the Rugby.

Focus all of the sport in the city into one area, make it easy to get to, share the overheads, create a shared goal of mutual success.  It's some vision and now is happening.

13 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

Not sure Lando is anymore, they sponsored him but i don't think they've had anything to do with him since he signed for McLaren as a test driver and now main race driver for next season in the F1.

Don't think Racing drivers work the same way in that we never signed anyone per say just became sponsors to enable them to race. Last thing i saw they were still sponsoring Dino but maybe that's changed too.

5 minutes ago, Tomarse said:

Maybe we’ve done a deal - wasn’t there something about part of AV being used for housing last week or so.... ?

Boxing tho.. 

Apart from the the two fighters facing off and bad mouthing each other boxing  is not particularly boring, just too brutal for may taste.

Boxing fans says it’s skilful but I can’t see punching the other guy whilst he tries to dodge away and then punch you back that skilful.

1 minute ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Not sure Lando is anymore, they sponsored him but i don't think they've had anything to do with him since he signed for McLaren as a test driver and now main race driver for next season in the F1.

Don't think Racing drivers work the same way in that we never signed anyone per say just became sponsors to enable them to race. Last thing i saw they were still sponsoring Dino but maybe that's changed too.

I thought Lando might have moved on, and the Bristol Sport branding on Dino's car seems less obvious this season as well.

1 minute ago, Sydneybcfc said:

Did see about Lando joining McClaren, but not particularly kept up with motor sports at all lately.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

Apart from the the two fighters facing off and bad mouthing each other boxing  is not particularly boring, just too brutal for may taste.

Boxing fans says it’s skilful but I can’t see punching the other guy whilst he tries to dodge away and then punch you back that skilful.

^ likes being punched.

Archived