IGNORED

TAKE THAT at Ashton Gate (Merged)

Dollymarie

Got tickets for the Wife to see Take That at the Rico a few years ago. I have to say, I was hugely sceptical but it turned out to be a really entertaining evening. The section where they did the mid-90's stuff was a little bit camp and the site of 4 middle ages blokes dancing around was a bit "dad dancing" but they do put on a good show. 

The Rico was pretty much full so there must have been over 30'000 there. Would be great to see that number at the Gate for a concert and for it to become a feature. 

Am I right in thinking that the Stadium's capacity record is still for Billy Graham talking to God in the mid 80's ???

29 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Got tickets for the Wife to see Take That at the Rico a few years ago. I have to say, I was hugely sceptical but it turned out to be a really entertaining evening. The section where they did the mid-90's stuff was a little bit camp and the site of 4 middle ages blokes dancing around was a bit "dad dancing" but they do put on a good show. 

The Rico was pretty much full so there must have been over 30'000 there. Would be great to see that number at the Gate for a concert and for it to become a feature. 

Am I right in thinking that the Stadium's capacity record is still for Billy Graham talking to God in the mid 80's ???

Out of interest does anyone know what the capacity will be for a concert?

Presumably the stage will be at the Atyeo end so that’ll be unused, then maybe 8,000 (guess) on the pitch?

So that would be about 4000 more than football capacity so around 31,000.

33 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

I'd find that really hard to believe. I was there, sat on the open end terrace drinking vodka with some mates, it really wasn't that packed, though I suppose there were people on the pitch as well.

Didn't AG have some stupidly high attendances in the 50's? Against Preston in the FA Cup was the record I tihnk but can't remember the figures?

12 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Out of interest does anyone know what the capacity will be for a concert?

Presumably the stage will be at the Atyeo end so that’ll be unused, then maybe 8,000 (guess) on the pitch?

So that would be about 4000 more than football capacity so around 31,000.

Mark Kelly suggested 30k for this gig.

44 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

Have to confess - I got ‘ trapped ‘ similarly a few years back and ended up having to go and see them in their circus tour and have to say it was a very polished and spectacular  show - not my music but good entertainment in fairness

* A couple of brawls amongst drunk middle aged women added to the entertainment !!

:yes:

4 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

….it'll be shit if they have to rely on a hook up to the stadium P A sound system, eh?   @Robbored  

(perhaps we can bung their professional sound engineers a Bob or two and a pint to have a quick look at it for us? :pray:)

Good idea, especially as the club have done SFA about the PA system............don’t get me started on that particular example of ineptitude......

Will the concert even go ahead?

Did we get permission from the EU first??

Lots of local residents going to complain about the din. Who is to say they wont have valid claims in the European Courts reference 'Human Rights' abuses?

City could well be in the shit over this, as the claims could run into Billions. If I had to listen to this shyte for 3 hours, I would want massive compensation.

7 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Good idea, especially as the club have done SFA about the PA system............don’t get me started on that particular example of ineptitude......

Once the PA system is sorted I think it will give motivation to hear all of the chants suggested on OTIB to transverse to AG ?

• Admin
15 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I don't think you have mentioned it to be fair @Robbored, you'll be interested to know I was at Goodison Park last Sunday, the PA there is just as bad for their video playback too

18 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have to confess - I got ‘ trapped ‘ similarly a few years back and ended up having to go and see them in their circus tour and have to say it was a very polished and spectacular  show - not my music but good entertainment in fairness

* A couple of brawls amongst drunk middle aged women added to the entertainment !!

:yes:

The Circus Tour sounds like the sort of thing that would lend itself to a stadium made up largely of tents...

If only such a place existed.

1 hour ago, RedM said:

She can go by herself, why do people always need people to go with?

This is a general question btw not particularly aimed at you but as you brought it up. I hear this  a lot. Females saying I need someone to go with, whether it’s shopping, gigs, football or meetings. Fair enough if it’s a strange town or late at night, but some people are so needy it’s beyond me. Be an independent person, enjoy your own company and just get on with it!

All joking aside redM, I'll probably go with her to see take that if I can get tickets. I agree with your point though. I was being a tad facetious TBH. 

1 minute ago, Ska Junkie said:

All joking aside redM, I'll probably go with her to see take that if I can get tickets. I agree with your point though. I was being a tad facetious TBH. 

Me too if I can get tickets.  Although not a fan, there music is easy to listen to.

• Admin
1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Everton don’t have a spanking newly developed stadium Phantom.........

True , but would guess the upper Dolman and the Bullens Road Stand are both a similar age - and would expect a Prem ground to have better standards than us too

42 minutes ago, NOTBLUE said:

Absolutely no interest what so ever,now if it had been the Artic Monkeys.....still it’s money in Bristol Sports coffers.

Archived