IGNORED

Rearranging fixtures

22A

Last season someone on here pointed out that City always played badly following an International break.

A few weeks ago, City won four on the bounce playing the traditional Sat - Tue - Sat - Tue.

Recently we've had games switched to a Friday night and a Sunday lunch time "to give the players extra rest & recovery time" and we're now on a winless streak.

Could it be that professional players at Championship level have a Sat - Tue - Sat mindset meaning their body clock is out when that rhythm is broken?

2 hours ago, 22A said:

Last season someone on here pointed out that City always played badly following an International break.

A few weeks ago, City won four on the bounce playing the traditional Sat - Tue - Sat - Tue.

Recently we've had games switched to a Friday night and a Sunday lunch time "to give the players extra rest & recovery time" and we're now on a winless streak.

Could it be that professional players at Championship level have a Sat - Tue - Sat mindset meaning their body clock is out when that rhythm is broken?

We wouldn't have been playing today if we were Tuesday instead of Wednesday midweek but we didn't get much of an option about playing Wednesday seemingly with Sky splitting fixtures so they can show them live. 

5 hours ago, 22A said:

I see what you're getting at with the thrust of your post, but if you're talking about the 4 game winning streak this season, the Blackburn game was on a Sunday and the last game before the international break- and the last one of those wins (Sheff Utd)- though a traditional 3pm Saturday, was after the international break?

However, the fixtures have been all over the place a bit this season- sign of the modern game though.

I think there's something in this. LJ keeping on about recovery time like midweek football is a new thing.

I think all this messing about, some of which isn't his fault but some is,  has had an effect, all the talk of tiredness has made them tired.  

We need to get back to basics in a lot if what we do

19 hours ago, 22A said:

Given the opposition were playing at the same time as us and would equally have been disrupted from their usual rhythm, you’d have to say this is a dubious theory.

17 hours ago, Slack Bladder said:

I'm a season ticket holder and could not make today.

When I bought my season ticket I arranged my work / life around being free on a Saturday afternoon.

I have already missed more games this season than the whole of last season.

As well as a Tuesday  night, not a Wednesday night.

I sat in the Dolman and there were huge areas of empty seats in the Lansdown, the family sections in particular looked pretty sparse, why did it need to be  a 1.30 KO?

20,000 attendance, I don't think so.

Archived