IGNORED

Brentford v Bristol City will be the LIVE 3pm championship on Saturday week

Never to the dark side

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Never to the dark side Who broadcasts a 3pm game live?

I am sure we have had this before with Brentford, they seem to have a following in Denmark or Sweden, one of the scandi countries anyway? I will be bringing my VPN into play and selecting something from that region anyway. :) 

• Admin

The only thing I can think of similar, last season when we were the 3pm game being shown live abroad, this was also the main highlights game in the evening

The footage from the live game is why there is extended highlights - to me it means it will be EASIER to view the game live on those many Kodi channels etc

1 hour ago, phantom said:

The only thing I can think of similar, last season when we were the 3pm game being shown live abroad, this was also the main highlights game in the evening

The footage from the live game is why there is extended highlights - to me it means it will be EASIER to view the game live on those many Kodi channels etc

??? :whistle:   

Seriously though, without wanting to get into a debate into the legalities, these companies and organisations complain about the streamers, but they shoot themselves in the foot constantly when it comes to legal broadcasting. Why are some people "geographically challenged" ? The Prem is FTA in Canada. 
I recently added a totally legal Netflix App to my Android TV box, and I use it with a legal account, but I had to "sideload" it on and I can't get HD quality from it because "Netflix doesn't recognise the make of box and it wont give it the required "security rating" for this". Which means that I could actually get better quality illegally than I can legally and it would be free. It's a no brainer surely? 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

This is correct.

14 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Why are some people "geographically challenged" ? The Prem is FTA in Canada. 

It's not actually fella. It's on Rogers SportsNet and TSN, they  share coverage.  All of which need a paid subscription. Then certain games are on Rogers SportsNet World. A once great channel that costs $18 per month. It had England Cricket, Championship, league cup skysports news. Now it has none of that. It still costs $18 a month. 

Up until last season you needed an additional subscription to BeIN sport to get the championship, league cup. 

This year you need yet another subscription to DaZN for championship, Champions League and the cricket. 

Canadian broadcasters passed on the European League of Nations. Which when they were just friendly's they were on. Something else we have lost. 

It's tough to be a footy fan over here. You have periods of good years and bad. It all depends on who buys the rights to what and if they have receprical agreements. 

But most definitely not free to air. 

8 hours ago, Tiree said:

cant people on this forum just go to the game?We in Scotland can get to every game, why do people spend so long looking at screens

Probably because more people want to go to see a game in England? Brentford is sold out, this discussion for the rest of us. 

1 hour ago, WayOutWest said:

It's not actually fella. It's on Rogers SportsNet and TSN, they  share coverage.  All of which need a paid subscription. Then certain games are on Rogers SportsNet World. A once great channel that costs $18 per month. It had England Cricket, Championship, league cup skysports news. Now it has none of that. It still costs $18 a month. 

Up until last season you needed an additional subscription to BeIN sport to get the championship, league cup. 

This year you need yet another subscription to DaZN for championship, Champions League and the cricket. 

Canadian broadcasters passed on the European League of Nations. Which when they were just friendly's they were on. Something else we have lost. 

It's tough to be a footy fan over here. You have periods of good years and bad. It all depends on who buys the rights to what and if they have receprical agreements. 

But most definitely not free to air. 

Do you subscribe to BCTV ? 

2 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

Will the Brentford game be on BCTV or not?  My understanding that it is not, which is annoying having paid for a subscription.

Anyway, someone is always streaming ESPN, so it shouldnt be a problem other than a bit of buffering here and there.

I also have to remember to switch of notifications from the BBC sport page, nothing more annoying than getting a "ding" on your phone when there is a corner or free kick and you know your are a minute or so behind!

Archived