IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

2 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s a harsh statement Bob.

Although not a keen rugby fan I have mates that are and they like the logo. We have to remember that the Bears is a new name so unless City change the club name........

I’d a like badge that reflects Bristol’s maritime history, A tall ship for example. Lose the robin as other clubs have the same nickname so design something that’s specific to Bristol.

Wonder what nickname could we use to associate with that. The pirates?

Let’s not lose the robin.

2 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A shame you have to drag us all down with your constant cynicism and negativity Bob.

I actually think the Bears rebrand is strong; it’s simple yet distinctive. You criticise the lack of imagination but it’s simplicity is its strength; think of Nike, Adidas and Puma. All instantly recognisable brands with very simple logos.

Because I have.a different opinion to you ?

You comparing that badge to the unique logos of multi billion poipund companies is priceless

You sit on fences and snipe.  ( unless it’s Justpark or memberships ) 

Thanks for your opinion anyway 

9 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A shame you have to drag us all down with your constant cynicism and negativity Bob.

I actually think the Bears rebrand is strong; it’s simple yet distinctive. You criticise the lack of imagination but it’s simplicity is its strength; think of Nike, Adidas and Puma. All instantly recognisable brands with very simple logos.

They are all sports clothing brands though aren't they? They're not football clubs with over 100 years of history?

27 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Because I have.a different opinion to you ?

You comparing that badge to the unique logos of multi billion poipund companies is priceless

You sit on fences and snipe.  ( unless it’s Justpark or memberships ) 

Thanks for your opinion anyway 

This is one of the most needlessly vicious, personal and arrogant things I’ve ever had the displeasure to read on here.

You are incapable with constructive debate with anyone who doesn’t share your opinion. Shameful.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

You comparing that badge to the unique logos of multi billion poipund companies

That’s what the Bears wanted to have a badge that’s unique to them and hopefully City will come up with a design that’s unique to  us.

We’ve had various suggestions as to what that badge could be. It needs to be a simple and easily recognisable badge like Wolves ( you can’t get any more simple than that) Forest and Plymouth Argyle - a sailing ship.......

4 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

This is one of the most needlessly vicious, personal and arrogant things I’ve ever had the displeasure to read on here.

You are incapable with constructive debate with anyone who doesn’t share your opinion. Shameful.

Vicious ? Personal ?

What world do you live in

Laughable

You come across as a fussy & boring schoolteacher 

I just checked my email to do the survey and I haven't received it. My season card was bought under my sons account. Now I've linked my account to my season card will the club send me the survey? Or is there a way to request they send me the survey?

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

windon, Wrexham and Cheltenham all have the nickname Robins so it’s not unique to us - time to get rid.

Nah ..

Walk up the Lions.

Tell them to get rid.

Walk to the Robins.

Tell them.

Every City fan with the Robin tatoo.

Every City fan with the Robin proudly displayed on their flag.

The fans with their memories.

Tell them to get rid.

You won't

And it won't happen.

Yes that is unique to us … And special.

6 hours ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Of all the suggestions in this thread for a new badge this is by far my favourite...However I would get rid of the Gate and the Suspension Bridge. 

I don’t like ‘busy’ badges, the simpler the better. We don’t need to cram as many things into it as possible.

Robin

Football 

Name or initials

Year formed.

I like the outline of a Robin used by the club on marketing at the moment, in the past I said I wouldn’t mind the club adopting it as an official badge but on reflection I think maybe it looks a bit too ‘American’ for an English football club.

The badge above (minus the Gate and Bridge) looks far more traditional and IMO would look great on a football shirt. 

I agree keeping it simple is always best. But i dislike the idea of using the marketing robin for a badge agreed it looks too american.

I made this one more simple

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

4 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

When you look at the highly imaginative, clever , invigorating design of the new egg chasers badge which I would suggest took a six year old about 8 secs to think up

at least it has a Bristol connection and theme and reflects their history 

I wouldn’t be expecting anything remotely decent

78330CF9-CDD0-4DEA-81BC-331C4466DFB9.png

Yeah it is concerning that their identity has been stripped away in favour of this (imo). To me, without prior knowledge that this is the Rugby team's badge, this could be any sports team in Bristol, from ice hockey to American football. 

Both us and the rugby used to utilise a variant on the city's coat of arms as our crest. Why Bristol Sport didn't roll with this idea and look at a way of making both club's crests more alike is beyond me. 

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

When you look at the highly imaginative, clever , invigorating design of the new egg chasers badge which I would suggest took a six year old about 8 secs to think up

at least it has a Bristol connection and theme and reflects their history 

I wouldn’t be expecting anything remotely decent

78330CF9-CDD0-4DEA-81BC-331C4466DFB9.png

As I said before I’m sure our revamp will be a Robin and/bridge version of this. Simple, clean and instantly recognisable. Easy to apply to merchandise etc. 

BT sport had been advertising the rugby match today using only half the bears head, ( can remember offhand if it was a diagonal or perpendicular half) but it was easily recognisable even with no words. I think this is what we are going for to bring everything in line. The BS ‘spring’ thing and two simple images for its main interests. If they aren’t simple anyway I think the Flyers logo etc will follow.

1 hour ago, Threshing Red said:

I agree keeping it simple is always best. But i dislike the idea of using the marketing robin for a badge agreed it looks too american.

I made this one more simple

226155_10151353848667508_1523465984_n[1] - Copy (5) - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy - Copy.jpg

I like the Bristol crest, I like the old 5 bar gate robin and the suspension bridge robin, not really sure why they feel the need to change it. I feels like they are trying to justify their existence and their jobs by doing this. That said I do like this, and if we have to change I would vote for this.

2 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I just made a post before I read this, yes I think we will be going as simple as possible to bring the football in line with the Bears. You are right. 

Archived