IGNORED

Club Crest to change? Fans Survey (Merged)

Yozzarian

5 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s a harsh statement Bob.

Although not a keen rugby fan I have mates that are and they like the logo. We have to remember that the Bears is a new name so unless City change the club name........

I’d a like badge that reflects Bristol’s maritime history, A tall ship for example. Lose the robin as other clubs have the same nickname so design something that’s specific to Bristol.

regardless of the history, the bears logo is a very smart and simple logo. 

27 minutes ago, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

You don’t have to be either to make a suggestion.

You don’t like the Robin so what would you like to see on the badge? Preferably something that isn’t bland or uninspiring...

Something that reflects Bristol - well known as a sea port  Maybe something maritime.

5 hours ago, Threshing Red said:

Everyone could design something that could work, thought the PA system would be up your street

A badge featuring a PA system?!? That would be unique. People cupping their ears to some of those old style East End loudspeakers.

I win. 

14 hours ago, Robbored said:

That’s what the Bears wanted to have a badge that’s unique to them and hopefully City will come up with a design that’s unique to  us.

We’ve had various suggestions as to what that badge could be. It needs to be a simple and easily recognisable badge like Wolves ( you can’t get any more simple than that) Forest and Plymouth Argyle - a sailing ship.......

11 hours ago, AshtonPark said:

regardless of the history, the bears logo is a very smart and simple logo. 

I think the Swansea logo is quite clever. Works black on white and white on black. Simple and recognisable, with or without the lettering.

How about this? I honestly think it looks great on this years away kit. It’s unique, simple and has the three main things most people want. I think after a few years of using it again people wouldn’t even need to see the writing around it to know that it’s us either.

21E34D58-5AFB-41B5-9DAE-418CC5BF2C84.jpeg

12 hours ago, Robbored said:

Something that reflects Bristol - well known as a sea port  Maybe something maritime.

Well that wouldn’t be ‘unique’ to us either would it? For a start there’s already another club in the City who have gone down that route and they’re further away from the water than we are. Other clubs have used ships on their badges, Pompey have used an anchor. 

I think that ‘ship has already sailed’ if you excuse the pun. I’m afraid we’ll just have to agree to disagree on this one, anything to do with boats sounds a bit ‘gassy’ to me plus I can’t see how the Matthew, the SS Great Britain or the Harbour Ferry can be more associated with our club than our traditional nickname anyway. 

You never know, the club may agree with you though.

1 hour ago, Ohbasso said:

How about this? I honestly think it looks great on this years away kit. It’s unique, simple and has the three main things most people want. I think after a few years of using it again people wouldn’t even need to see the writing around it to know that it’s us either.

21E34D58-5AFB-41B5-9DAE-418CC5BF2C84.jpeg

Anybody who knows football knows that is Bristol City. Anybody who knows football knows Bristol City are the Robins. Easy that.

19 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’d a like badge that reflects Bristol’s maritime history, A tall ship for example. Lose the robin as other clubs have the same nickname so design something that’s specific to Bristol.

....but you’ve also said on this thread that you think the Robin should not feature because other clubs use it and you want something that’s unique to our club and you gave Plymouth’s badge as a good example as it features a ship....so if we had a ship on our badge it would not be unique to our club....oh, and you may not have noticed, but our current badge already has a ship on it....as do the current badges of Man Utd and Man City....so ships wouldn’t be unique to City as at least three other clubs feature them on their badge...so that doesn’t meet your ‘unique’ criteria....

On 16/11/2018 at 22:28, ChippenhamRed said:

Genuine question, what did you (and others) make of the pink European kit?

My impression is that tinkering with names, kits and brands doesn't prompt the same reaction in rugby that it does in football. It would seem more accepted.

I don't like it, but I should imagine they'd shift a few, so job done I guess

I remember going back years ago when the cherry and white strips were changed there was uproar, but we've seen so many tweaks down the years that I suspect you're right that rugby fans have got used to tweaking the kits and badges. Rugby did need dragging into the modern era a little more than football

As l said with City, as long as the home colours don't change and it's always Kingsholm or Ashton Gate and it's Gloucester Rugby or Bristol City then I'm happy

5 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

....but you’ve also said on this thread that you think the Robin should not feature because other clubs use it and you want something that’s unique to our club and you gave Plymouth’s badge as a good example as it features a ship....so if we had a ship on our badge it would not be unique to our club....oh, and you may not have noticed, but our current badge already has a ship on it....as do the current badges of Man Utd and Man City....so ships wouldn’t be unique to City as at least three other clubs feature them on their badge...so that doesn’t meet your ‘unique’ criteria....

Image result for football clubs with ships on their badge

Related image

Related image

Image result for boston united

Image result for greenock morton

DEFINITELY not original.

I have completed the survey and put the following in the comment box at the end.

"Bristol City will only get a well known identity when we actually achieve something in football instead of being a club that bounces to and from second to third tier of English football.  Continually having seasons when we hardly win a match for three or four months is not the way forward. Sort the football out and you will not need to worry about which badge or crest is the most ideal. Or rebranding like the silly Bristol Bears change of name.
I've had sixty nine years following City with little to shout about." 

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It was a only suggestion  BS4.............there are plenty of qualified graphic designers out there....and they’re paid to come up with ideas.

Archived