IGNORED

SL wants league 1 football

Langford Red

As a city fan for over 30 years I’ve seen city play in every division excluding the top league, I’d love to see that at least once in my life time but if this never happens, you know what I don’t really care as a win in league 2 feels just as good as a win in the championship.

SL obviously wants city to be the best it can be but with only 20 places available in the top league and 6 of them taken up by mega big clubs we can’t all be there.

we’re all peed off at the moment but SL will always want what’s best for the club and maybe he’ll make some mistakes along the way.

1 minute ago, man in the middle said:

As a city fan for over 30 years I’ve seen city play in every division excluding the top league, I’d love to see that at least once in my life time but if this never happens, you know what I don’t really care as a win in league 2 feels just as good as a win in the championship.

SL obviously wants city to be the best it can be but with only 20 places available in the top league and 6 of them taken up by mega big clubs we can’t all be there.

we’re all peed off at the moment but SL will always want what’s best for the club and maybe he’ll make some mistakes along the way.

What do you think of the 15 years SL has been at the helm? 

Do you think City have lived up to his own expectations? Do you think he planned for so long in Division 3?

He was to use his rapier business view to judge himself, I wonder what he would say?

Just now, man in the middle said:

As a business BCFC has grown massively over the last 15 years, all you need to do is stand in the centre circle at Ashton gate and take a look around, ?

That’s a stadium 

Bricks and mortar

Only a relative sideshow to what’s most important

That what happens on the pitch

12 minutes ago, man in the middle said:

About 18 years ago my nephew then about 10 asked me if we would ever be in the premiership and I said I was 100% sure we would.now he’s 28 and we are still in the same boat.its so frustrating knowing that with the current management the wait will only go on

He wants us to be in the prem....as well as any other sports team in Bristol (bar the g*s)

I on the other hand could not give two shits about Bristol rugby or Bristol flyers. I would rather his sole focus be on BCFC but sadly that’s not the case. However that doesn’t mean SL doesn’t want the best for BCFC.

6 hours ago, man in the middle said:

Dynasties are built on solid foundations.

Dynasty was shit. So was Dallas.

Thing is style over substance has never been my thing. Lansdown already has that with his glass office in Canons Marsh.

All very well having a shiny stadium with a polished consumer experience if you want to sit and scream at Scary Spice or Gary Barlow.

Shit though if all you care about is seeing a successful BCFC...... ;)

4 hours ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

Dynasty was shit. So was Dallas.

Thing is style over substance has never been my thing. Lansdown already has that with his glass office in Canons Marsh.

All very well having a shiny stadium with a polished consumer experience if you want to sit and scream at Scary Spice or Gary Barlow.

Shit though if all you care about is seeing a successful BCFC...... ;)

I agree with your thought at this moment in time, but over a longer period  the better facilities the club has the more successful the club will be. 

Rome wasn’t built in a day, The club has grown steadily over the last 15 years and that’s reflected in the average attendance and the stadium we now sit in now.

as a kid growing up watching city there wasn’t much difference between us, The gas & Swindon as far as stadiums and crowds but take a step back and look at it now.

It’s easy to get frustrated with things on the pitch but that’s all down to the club building up all of our expectations, thanks to SL we all believe we can and could reach the premier league!

12 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s a stadium 

Bricks and mortar

Spot on bob , I think Steve has sort of forgot what’s most important, the team , it’s no good having a nice shiny stadium if the footballs crap , sl is obviously a very clever man , he must be able to see what’s going on , well I’d hope he can , Johnson out .

18 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

That’s a stadium 

Bricks and mortar

Can’t argue with the investment of SL into a failing business.  Every manager has been backed with decent money . Off the pitch things are looking a bit better . On the pitch where going massively backwards while he sits on his hands . Accept we have to sell . Some of the worst football I’ve seen at Ashton gate , last year some of the best .  All last seasons momentum gone . Bored watching us . 

19 hours ago, man in the middle said:

As a city fan for over 30 years I’ve seen city play in every division excluding the top league....

By the age of 15 I’d seen Bristol City in all four divisions.....what a rollercoaster of emotions.....what an amazing range of experiences....top of the top division in 1976 - bottom of the fourth division in 1982 - three relegations in 747 days - would I have changed it? Nah...walking up to over 80 stadiums to watch my heroes knowing that all 3 results were entirely possible....wow....so much better than being an Arsenal fan.....

8 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

By the age of 15 I’d seen Bristol City in all four divisions.....what a rollercoaster of emotions.....what an amazing range of experiences....top of the top division in 1976 - bottom of the fourth division in 1982 - three relegations in 747 days - would I have changed it? Nah...walking up to over 80 stadiums to watch my heroes knowing that all 3 results were entirely possible....wow....so much better than being an Arsenal fan.....

Same here mate - I must be about ten years younger than you as I had done the same by my 25th birthday!

Happy days in a strange sort of way though.

55 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

If you were ten years younger than me wouldn’t that mean you’d seen us in all four divisions when you were five rather than 25?!

Would I? Maths was never my strong point - I was born in 1959 so 25 was about right for me.

You`re right of course now I think about it, you`re ten years younger not older.

Doh!

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Fair play mate, no fan of certain clubs will ever experience what it’s like to be a real football fan. I’d rather support a team like city than Manchester Utd all day long.

Archived