IGNORED

Win against Ipswich?

reddogkev

Well, we have the thread asking for the typical responses if we lose to Ipswich, but aren't we just as likely to win against Ipswich?

After all, they are bottom of the table for a reason, and Lambert is hardly a footballing messiah, is he?

I fancy City grabbing a 1-0 win and then (with confidence level restored) getting a 2nd on the bounce against Millwall, although I would also be quite happy with a 4 point return.

Come on you reds, time to start climbing the table again, please!

I think that’s what the majority of level headed, reasoned posters & supporters want to see. 

Of course we have the opportunity to pick up points from the next 2 games. We simply have to pick up some points from these 2 games, otherwise we are staring down the barrel of an even longer record losing run than the one before, and that becomes untenable. 

This season needed to eradicate our Jekyl & Hide runs of results and it’s not happening. That’s not to say we can’t turn things around, again. But I do think this is last chance saloon to address this issue and we couldn’t ask for 2 better fixtures, on paper, to sort this out. Failure to do so will suck ever last bit of confidence out of everyone and I don’t think we’ll be able to recover from that. 

Fingers crossed that by Sunday afternoon we have another 4/6 points on the board and restore some much needed belief. ?

A forever hopeful thread, Ipswich may also want the points...all of them and probably more than us.

Let me guess after these 2 games will you be hopeful for the upcoming transfer window next to change our fortunes?

Just be hopeful that SL wakes up one morning and decides to smell the coffee and employ a proper manager and sacks the pretender.....soon

Think this will be a draw. Ipswich have scored in each of their last three games.

1-2 loss against WBA

2-2 draw with Reading

1-1 draw with Preston

Question is...........

........ is a draw good enough for BCFC?

I guess it will come down to the manner of the draw - the performance they put in.

21 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

Think this will be a draw. Ipswich have scored in each of their last three games.

1-2 loss against WBA

2-2 draw with Reading

1-1 draw with Preston

Question is...........

I guess it will come down to the manner of the draw - the performance they put in.

I'd also take a draw, simply to put a stop to the run of defeats.  I can't bear the thought of defeat and Ipswich gaining another 3 points on our position.

59 minutes ago, Bri Stool City said:

A forever hopeful thread, Ipswich may also want the points...all of them and probably more than us.

Let me guess after these 2 games will you be hopeful for the upcoming transfer window next to change our fortunes?

Just be hopeful that SL wakes up one morning and decides to smell the coffee and employ a proper manager and sacks the pretender.....soon

I don't think I ever look forward to January transfer windows with hope, we have always been woeful in the Winter window.

Personally, I like Lee Johnson and want him to succeed here, I've said that many times in the past, so it is my hope that LJ will turn this bad patch around and not be sacked.

He's not a pretender, he's just finding the Championship a tough league, which to be fair, so do a lot of other managers.

50 minutes ago, Red Grovesy said:

1-2 loss against WBA

2-2 draw with Reading

1-1 draw with Preston

Question is...........

We would have to score to get a draw? 

We seem to have a problem with shooting! Not scored in last 4 games so without improving that statistic no chance of a win at Ipswich. We need put bodies in and around the box come LJ sort this part out at least. Let’s start shooting on the slightest sight of goal ?. We need to be more direct 

2 minutes ago, hertsexile said:

We seem to have a problem with shooting! Not scored in last 4 games so without improving that statistic no chance of a win at Ipswich. We need put bodies in and around the box come LJ sort this part out at least. Let’s start shooting on the slightest sight of goal ?. We need to be more direct 

Worrying thing is we aren't creating any chances to miss.

1 hour ago, Super said:

Worrying thing is we aren't creating any chances to miss.

Definitely.

I thought it was a poignant moment on Saturday in the first half when Weimann was played in on the left side of the penalty area. He was running into the box, with one defender in front of him, and he decided to protect the ball, take it wide and play it back. That was our lone striker with a 1 vs 1 with a defender in the penalty area. A proper striker, or even a more confident Weimann would, and should, run at the defender and try to get a shot away there, but it was never in his mind. It worried me.

3 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

1-2 loss against WBA

2-2 draw with Reading

1-1 draw with Preston

Question is...........

A draw is perfectly adequate IF we follow it up with three points on Sunday.

2 hours ago, hertsexile said:

Coach One....

You are required........

8393540C-0777-449B-BBF8-D18C9846879F.jpeg

5 hours ago, Red Grovesy said:

1-2 loss against WBA

2-2 draw with Reading

1-1 draw with Preston

Question is...........

......and Lee will be safe for another couple of months.....grrrrrrr!!!

11 hours ago, Super said:

I watched Ipswich against WBA and they didn't play too badly, they will fancy the 3 points against us. Will be a tough game.

nailed on relegation if they cant beat us at home, all they have to do is score

11 hours ago, Super said:

I watched Ipswich against WBA and they didn't play too badly, they will fancy the 3 points against us. Will be a tough game.

Looking at their forum, they reckon if they lose to us, it's League 1 for them.

Archived